VF-1S Hikaru

xsjado

i finally got my first valk..a 1/48 VF-1S hikaru courtesy of lost and found toys. i love it sooo much. i spent my entire evening transforming it to all of its various modes. i had a little scare when a tiny tab broke off of the piece that flips up to reveal the hook for the backpack on top. i have no idea how it popped off, but a little bit of superglue and a steady toothpick fixed it up proper. the hardest part was finding the minute piece in the carpet. i was really scared of it at first, but after watching the video and braving through the "i feel like this is going to break it" moments, i started to relax and enjoy myself. best toy i've ever owned hands down. i can't wait to get a 1/100 monster so it won't look so lonely on my shelf.

a big thanks to all of you for the guidance and for creating such a wonderful community that i am really happy to be a part of.

cheers!

jake

Thats interesting. I like Max better than roy, do I rate as a macross fan?

Im just curious as to the criteria...

Roy is the best Bar none!!! :lol: But Hikaru was pretty badass by the end of DYRL.

Congrats to all the new valkaholics. You can't own just one.

i finally got my first valk..a 1/48 VF-1S hikaru courtesy of lost and found toys.

a big thanks to all of you for the guidance and for creating such a wonderful community that i am really happy to be a part of.

cheers!

jake

I never get tired of reading these my_first_valk threads; they make me think of when I got my first, well, Valkyrie, that is. ;) Anyway, my first Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1 was the Hikaru -1S, so I hope you enjoy, as I still proudly display mine. I would suggest the Super/Strike parts and Takatoys' stickers -- you'll be glad you did.

I would suggest the Super/Strike parts and Takatoys' stickers -- you'll be glad you did.

Where can I pick up the Takatoys stickers? The only thing I can find is an inactive geocities account and an email address...importsalexander@terra.com.pe. Is that right?

IPB Image

I'm slightly disappointed in this figure. The front land gear covers won't stay close. I already chipped some thing inside the body while attempting my first transformation from fighter to battroid. I hope the 1/48 won't have any problems. Because it better be worth the money. T_T

Edited by av3rag3

Uh-oh. 1/60 scale enthusiasts gathering picks and torches in 3. . . 2. . . 1

:) I hope it won't come to that. Isn't Hikaru's VF-1A also the first 1/60 VF-1 they made? That's got trouble written all over it (not that Yamato doesn't have a stellar record with first releases). Besides, even the 1/60 supporters wouldn't DARE say that the 1/60 is HALF the toy the 1/48 is. They might say that it's slightly more poseable, they might enjoy its proportions better, but they can't ever say it's preferable to a 1/48. Well, I guess people who equate diecast with quality might like the 1/60 better... but that's like the guy who only digs fat chicks telling you your model girlfriend isn't cute.

EDIT - Av3rag3, it's good to have a 1/60 VF-1 so you can pose it with any future items you buy since it's clearly a prominent scale now.

Edited by jenius

:) I hope it won't come to that. Isn't Hikaru's VF-1A also the first 1/60 VF-1 they made? That's got trouble written all over it (not that Yamato doesn't have a stellar record with first releases). Besides, even the 1/60 supporters wouldn't DARE say that the 1/60 is HALF the toy the 1/48 is. They might say that it's slightly more poseable, they might enjoy its proportions better, but they can't ever say it's preferable to a 1/48. Well, I guess people who equate diecast with quality might like the 1/60 better... but that's like the guy who only digs fat chicks telling you your model girlfriend isn't cute.

EDIT - Av3rag3, it's good to have a 1/60 VF-1 so you can pose it with any future items you buy since it's clearly a prominent scale now.

:) the 1/60 is half the toy that the 1/48 or hmm... more like 2/3rds as tall.

I dont think its more posable , the leg/hip joint dont allow it. LOL

I like the diecast, its the added weight that makes it feel solid, although i know thats not the case.

Dont tell my girlfriend .... she wants to drop a few more poounds and get to 115. :p

For me the best option is to keep it in fighter mode I think it really looks best that way.

Glad I could help start an addiction! The VF-1S Hikaru is a very good choice for someone new to the 1/48 scale.

I never owned one of the VF-1 1/60s, but if the 1/60s are a step backwards from the 1/48s I don't think I ever will.