Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

That line art is has too much foreshortening to really be usefull. Unfortunately, that's how Kawamori likes to draw 'em, so what can we do? However, the CG pic David posted is much better, and I think it compares pretty favorably. I still find I prefer the Hase interpretation, but of course it doesn't have to concern itself about transforming.

I still find I prefer the Hase interpretation, but of course it doesn't have to concern itself about transforming

I think that this single point is something that must be kept very firmly in mind when one is comparing the two. The main thing that I like better about the Hasegawa version is the much more sleek appearence it has, but this is allowed in that version because it doesn't have to transform. For a transformable toy, I think Yamato did a pretty good job considering how difficult this one was to make.

I think that if they made the wings a bit longer then they will be too weak.

This is also a very good point. This Mecha is very slender and in some ways even, dare I say, spindlely especially in battroid mode. If the wings were made as long as in the line art, I think this would make the toy a little too fragile. This is why I think the shorter wings were a very purposefull compromise to add to the overall strength of a potentially very fragile toy.

But they are not so short that the compromise the entire design altogether. Like I've always said, if there is a need to compromise to improve strength and reduce future problems, then I'm all for Yamato making their own interpretation.

Graham posted this months scans up in the magazines section, teh Dengeki Hobby one shows some more Macross stuff but what is that sseries of pictures at the bottom of?

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...r-07-page-1.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...r-07-page-2.jpg

It's about modifying Hasagawas

David's CGI pictures reminded me that there was a Mac Zero official website with some good images on it.

So one more comparison shot...

Looks like the Hasegawa has smaller tailfins than the official CGI and the Yamato is closer to it in that respect.

It also looks like the Hasegawa has a longer fuselage where the heatshield and head are, again the Yamato follows the CGI more closely.

Looks like the Hasegawa has smaller tailfins than the official CGI and the Yamato is closer to it in that respect.

It also looks like the Hasegawa has a longer fuselage where the heatshield and head are, again the Yamato follows the CGI more closely.

It looks to me like that actual "problem", (if you want to call it that), with the tail fins is that they sit too vertical on the Yamato, where on the other three examples they angle out more.

The biggest thing for me is that the actual nose cone seems too small.

The cockpit also seems too small, and is situated slightly too far forward on the fuselage. But those are fairly extreme nitpicks, I guess. Compromises sometimes have to be made for the sake of transformation, and the Yamato still looks like a very good interpretation of the SV-51 overall.

I hope they make the cockpit gold, though.

A clear canopy has nothing to do with transformation.

I would have to give it to Yamato on this one, they´re the closest to the CGI model ( which is not surprising since they probably based their cad model on it ) hands down. I trust the CGI model more than the HFH own lineart when it comes to acuracy and transformation.

I actually don´t have any critics towards the toy irself, maybe only the canopy colour ( it should be gold-ish ).

The only thing that worries me is Yamato taking the necessary precautions before releasing this possibly ( uber ) fragile toy onto the market.

In battroid/gerwalk mode, the claws have to be angled to stand. I'm kinda worried if there was even a slight "production/design error" that any one of these claws are loose, your battroid/gerwalk is definately not gonna be standing without yamato's custom stand.

>_<

It's like Kiss Play Transformers! The SV-51 will now be packaged with a clearly underaged girl on a moped! The price will now be $300 due to the very expensive PVC figurine. :D

Don't forget, the girl has to be in a sadly sexy position on the box.

It's like Kiss Play Transformers! The SV-51 will now be packaged with a clearly underage girl on a moped! The price will now be $300 to reflect the added cost of the PVC figurine. :D

Don't forget, the girl has to be in a sadly sexy position on the box.

great, now this is gonna derail into the AFOS having tentacle sex with Mao thread LOL

THe girl is the MiNe Blue PVC figure that was just released by Yamato about 2 months ago....i guess it just means the Mine Blue will be repainted or something.

And SV-51 coming soon?