The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

So the separate Ghost if it's sold as separate, when it comes over to the U.S., will it retail around $50 then if it's suppose to be the same as the FAST packs? That seems a bit too steep since it's roughly the same price then as the transforming 1/60 VFs. I'd get it if it's about $25-30.

Does anything move on this other than the landing gear, the wings maybe?

I've read and re-read the posts but i dont see any mention of a possible release date.

Maybe I missed it. Does anybody know? A rough idea is welcome.

1st 2nd or 3rd quarter of next year?

Does anything move on this other than the landing gear, the wings maybe?

The exhaust moves too.

What if I just wanted the grey Ghost to go on my V-0S? That would mean I'd have to buy the gift set or get the cammo variant and paint it grey. I'm guessing Yamato will offer the grey one sepperatly somewhere down the line.

May is fine for me, I'll wait untill then to order the YF-19 and save on shipping. Here's to hoping the 19 isn't sold out by then.

The exhaust moves too.

What if I just wanted the grey Ghost to go on my V-0S? That would mean I'd have to buy the gift set or get the cammo variant and paint it grey. I'm guessing Yamato will offer the grey one sepperatly somewhere down the line.

May is fine for me, I'll wait untill then to order the YF-19 and save on shipping. Here's to hoping the 19 isn't sold out by then.

We may not be able to connect the pastpacks accessories to the VF-0S with matching colors....cause the connection pieces for the brown missile pods will be grey ! :lol::ph34r:

nooo..............I hope yamato will release it with a pair of matching connection pieces *for the VF-0S...or what ever they call em! :D

*EDITED

Edited by aaajin

Looks like Yamato is going to release this like stealth, buy them individually or in one complete set (VF-0A Kudo Shin Type with QF-2200D-B Ghost Booster).

I hope the ghost booster would not create too much weight on the backpack of the valk.....especially in gerwalk mode.

The following pics are from HobbySearch

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by wasabi-elephant

Although I love the idea of having a third VF-0 so I can pose them in all modes, I still feel kind of screwed by Yamato for not letting the fans know a Shin variant was in the works from the get go.

I still feel more screwed by HFH - I mean, now we have TWO 0A variants that aren't anime-accurate. I would have jumed on both the CF and Shin if they were anime-accurate, but as-is, I'll just stick with the CF and save my $$ for YF-19 version 2.0 and other new designs.

I still feel more screwed by HFH - I mean, now we have TWO 0A variants that aren't anime-accurate. I would have jumed on both the CF and Shin if they were anime-accurate, but as-is, I'll just stick with the CF and save my $$ for YF-19 version 2.0 and other new designs.

Well actually, the anime color is said to be incorrect, according to SK. The color used on the 1/60 VF-0A CF and Shin are correct and approved by SK.

At least we have an almost perfect lineart interpretaion of the VF-0.

I don't understand. Kawamori has final say over the color of toys based on his designs but not the actual colors used in the anime? Sounds more like a George Lucas type move to me, by trying to retro-actively change something he wished he had done different/better :p

I don't understand. Kawamori has final say over the color of toys based on his designs but not the actual colors used in the anime? Sounds more like a George Lucas type move to me, by trying to retro-actively change something he wished he had done different/better :p

Exactly.

Doesn't the word cannon in this case stand for 'as used in the anime'? How can a color that was used in the anime then not be cannon? Maybe Kawamori didn't get to see the footage before it got released and maybe he never meant the CF to be the tan color like it appeared in Mac0. That still doesn't make it non-cannon.

Yes, I'm aware of this (and I apologize in advance for the rehash...)

The thing that irks me is that we all know that having hero/main character valks in different color schemes is a silly notion - I mean why did the DYRL valks come in a rainbow of colors? Regardless, if they make a toy for an anime, it should look like it was portrayed in the anime.

Yamato: Here's our prototype Hikaru VF-1S...

SK: Get rid of the red and black stripes, I never should have given the Skull squadron Power Ranger colors. they should have all been low-vis, excpet for Roy (takes a long drag and reflects).

Yamato: But... that's how it was in the movie (coughs from smoke)

SK: Tough titties, that's my final decision.

Yamato: What about when we sell the Strike Pack?

SK: (stares out in space)... Oh WTF, you can add the color stripes back for the gift pack, but keep the main color low-vis.

Yamato: What about the stand-alone Strike Pack set for those who don't want a non-canon quasi-bastardized Valk?

SK: Make it jungle camo... (leaves meeting room)

Well actually, the anime color is said to be incorrect, according to SK. The color used on the 1/60 VF-0A CF and Shin are correct and approved by SK.

At least we have an almost perfect lineart interpretaion of the VF-0.

Edited by ghostryder

SK: Get rid of the red and black stripes, I never should have given the Skull squadron Power Ranger colors. they should have all been low-vis, excpet for Roy (takes a long drag and reflects).

SK: (stares out in space)... Oh WTF, you can add the color stripes back for the gift pack, but keep the main color low-vis.

Yamato: What about the stand-alone Strike Pack set for those who don't want a non-canon quasi-bastardized Valk?

lol. That was hilarious. I was totally able to picture that meeting playing out in my head

Yes, I'm aware of this (and I apologize in advance for the rehash...)

The thing that irks me is that we all know that having hero/main character valks in different color schemes is a silly notion - I mean why did the DYRL valks come in a rainbow of colors? Regardless, if they make a toy for an anime, it should look like it was portrayed in the anime.

I agree with what you're saying. If I understand you correctly... who gives a crap about it being exactly like the line art? I keep hearing battying upon battying upon battying about how it's not line art accurate, not anime accurate, not whatever accurate, not approved by this dude or that dude. Who freakin cares? We get kickass toys, who cares if the nose is 2 degrees angled differently than the line art? I think some people have to stop being so nit picky and whiney and get the broomsticks out of their asses. Does it really matter if the stripe is red or white? Honestly, is it really worth all the battying and complaining? *Gets off his soap box* I'll stop now.

"Tough titties, that's my final decision" :lol:

Good one ghostryder

Hahahahha ghostryder.

This calls for an HFH cameo.

Now I can understand Macross Zero. I was just missing the “right mental mood†to appreciate that crappy story :p

... I really like how the white stripes look on the 0A. For me this would be the M0 valk to have if Yamato finally passes on the 0D… really don’t care much about the ghost, doesn’t add much to the design as the VF-1 fast packs do.

I think some people have to stop being so nit picky and whiney and get the broomsticks out of their asses. Does it really matter if the stripe is red or white? Honestly, is it really worth all the battying and complaining? *Gets off his soap box* I'll stop now.

Okay, you pay $200 for toys full of compromises and imperfections. When toys get this expensive we all have a right to demand more from them. When toys are meant to resemble something and they inexplicably don't I don't feel like it's not too random a criticism to point that out and express discontent. Reality is, the female-dogging is part of collecting and it increases exponentially with price. Seriously, how hard is it to get the paint scheme seen in an anime correct?

If I understand you correctly... who gives a crap about it being exactly like the line art?

Actually, i believe you got his argument completely backward. He's saying the toys should be like what we see in TV, not whatever HFH or Yamato decide on a whim they like better:

Regardless, if they make a toy for an anime, it should look like it was portrayed in the anime.
Edited by jenius

Seriously, how hard is it to get the paint scheme seen in an anime correct?

It is not just a function of anime correct but of market forces at work.

The artwork on the Hasegawa boxes is an amazing guide of what things should look like.

That and the great paint guide contained in the instructions.

If this information was incorrect all the modelers would be in arms just like the toy collectors.

Plus they would not buy the models that were unpopular or inaccurate.

Yamato might paint itself into a corner if the customer is unhappy with flawed inaccurate products.

America is not a direct market and Macross is a small share but a company should not disregard what the public has to say... unless they want to end up like toynami, new coke, pepsi clear,..etc

Uh guys...does this mean the the drone will be drone only and will not have the missles?

There are no contents listed for the QF2200DA Ghost.

Only the 1/60 Shin Kudo will have the missile pods and heet?

Contents: Shin Kudo's Gray w/white stripe VF-0A with detachable QF-2200D-B Ghost fighter. Detachable FAST Packs and missile pods.heet

That's freaking unfair :angry: