The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

bah, I'm actually seriously considering putting my CF vf-0 on ebay now.

I've been a pretty strident supporter of yamato but this is just such an under handed thing to do. I probably would have bought both types, if yamato had come out and just said there would be both types, or if they had staggered the release but for the to deny the shin type existing and then release pictures of it so soon after the CF type went on sale... I don't know what to say.. it's like a slap in the face to me.

The color of the fueltanks and missilepods look fine. The Ghost on the other hand, looks way too light. Nani is right, it should be a metallic dark gray.

Graham, any info on a releasedate/week/month/year/?

Is the Ghost ONLY going to be released with a VF-0A Shin or will these be released separately?

Couldn't the Shin and CF be exactly the same plane if Yamato had just included like 4 more stickers on the sticker sheet and another pilot figure? I'd think that'd be the way to go. Hopefully in order to get Shin you do need to buy the Ghost, I think that'd keep some of the CF purchasers from feeling mislead.

Digging the Shin vf-0a.

Not diggin the ghost colors... it has to be darker... the ghost itself should be at least as dark as shin's heatshield canopy cover...

... I really wish they just think of us just a wee bit more than money printers,

Insted of tying to make decals I should try Nani's money printing.

Agree about the colors should be like the photoshop model that was a couple of posts back.

Edit: The Shin/Ghost combo can work but need a seperate Ghost for Roy.

The kite decal is coming off and the spike on the right tailfin looks broken not too good for the showroom model.

Edited by Fly4victory

Not crazy about the Ghost color.

Actually, the Shin-type 0A on display still doesn't look 100% accurate to me. The tail fin tips should be light gray, as should the entire fighter underbelly. Actually, all the dark gray areas should be a few shades lighter to be anime-accurate ("official" colors notwithstanding), especially the canopy frame.

I knew I should have waited on the 0A. I wonder if the gray ghost will only be available with the Shin 0A.

I'm wondering if I should cancel my YF-19 preorder since I have a feeling that the fast packs are going to be sold with the 2-seat version. I have very little room for display now so I need to be very selective.

I'm wondering if I should cancel my YF-19 preorder since I have a feeling that the fast packs are going to be sold with the 2-seat version. I have very little room for display now so I need to be very selective.

I think you're okay, I don't think there is a separate YF-19 2 seater vs 1 seater. I just think the blonde guy comes with the fast packs and can be squeezed into an existing YF-19 toy.

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati...2200/index.html

There are two main types of Ghosts in Zero:

QF-2200D: Independent drones, launched from carriers. Full landing gear, "droid brain" etc. Very much like the M+ Ghost--a full-fledged plane, just without a pilot.

QF-2200A: Stripped down versions that are little more than an engine and a shell, used as booster engines for VF-0's.

Yamato is apparently making both, as they share 90% of their parts. Main difference is the cockpit/canopy whatever on the drone, and it having canards.

The coloring of the Shin 0A is the same as the already Released CF right? Just different colored stripes is the difference...and the different pilot, right? I JUST got the VF-0A, I mean JUST got it. If those are the only differences I guess I can live with that, but this really does kind of suck.

Chris

Im actually wondering abt Shin VF0A colors..cos i remembered from the anime that it is suppose to grey white with white stripes, but not that of the CF colors. Maybe someone can verify on this matter? tks

hasegawa 1/72 VF0A with Ghost

IPB Image

Edited by recon

My theory:

The drone Ghost will be available separately, but a Ghost that can attach to a VF-0 only comes with Shin's, or a re-released Roy.

NOOOOO!

So if you're theory is corect, if I buy a Drone Ghost that's to be released separately, it won't attach to the VF-0? :wacko:

I just hope that Yamato sells the Ghost separately but can be made into either the QF-2200D or QF-2200A...though this looks highly unlikely because from looking at the Ghost pics, they have different color schemes and...big bad Yamato wants to make more money...waaah!

My theory:

The drone Ghost will be available separately, but a Ghost that can attach to a VF-0 only comes with Shin's, or a re-released Roy.

That theory makes no sense Dave~

If that happened that'll piss off a mass amount of people who bought the cf vf-0a.... cuz not only do they have to buy a whole 'nother valk to have a ghost mounted zero but the one they CAN buy separately can't mount!

that makes no sense...

My guess: Both Ghosts in one set only available separately running the same cost as a GBP.

That's not my hope, that's my guess.

Oooooooh.... you talked about price~ I'm gonna tell Mr. H.~ j/p :lol::p

that's my guess too... and I think BOTH will be mountable.

Regardless if they sell the shin vf-0a with the ghost, they HAVE to have a separate package because what about ROY?

Edited by Nani?!

Makes no sense, but a lot of money.

No less sense nor less infuriating to the fans than telling everyone "there's not going to be a Shin VF-0A because Kawamori says this is how Shin's REALLY looked so buy this one" then a few months later releasing one that looks even more like Shin's, with a new Shin-esque pilot...

Whoa am I glad I held off on buying the VF-0A CF. I don't really understand why the ghost on the 0A is grey instead of greyish black but hey, whatever, i'm not too picky. Looks to me like the canards only bend down instead of removing but your right about the top thingie.

Edited by dizman

Makes no sense, but a lot of money.

No less sense nor less infuriating to the fans than telling everyone "there's not going to be a Shin VF-0A because Kawamori says this is how Shin's REALLY looked so buy this one" then a few months later releasing one that looks even more like Shin's, with a new Shin-esque pilot...

hahaha~

hey, there you go~ :p

but I think the separate bundle is without a doubt the one with the greatest possibility.

but what do I care... I'm not buying it anyway... the ghost is too light, the extras are too light, and I can give a rats ass about the drone ghost (I dont even remember seeing it on screen).

oh yeah, SHIN! Grrrr... dont remind me... They could have at least colored the whole thing a bit differently with some blue tones and less contrast. but instead they release what they should have in the first place...

You know what also was misleading? the red stripe on the box for the CF vf-0a.... shin's color. <_<

I think they'll sell only one ghost pack, i was looking to the pictures and i noticed that de Canards and the "rabbit ears" are removable, look at this:

if you look to the second picture you'll notice my point

yeah, hence supporting the fact that both are identical and hence both mountable...

Edited by Nani?!

I can give a rats ass about the drone ghost (I dont even remember seeing it on screen).

Amen! Obviously we're engaging in rabid speculation here but if they package a drone with the attachable Ghost I'll think that's kind of lame. I have absolutely no use for a drone plane in my display cases... let alone one I don't remember ever seeing in the show. So basically if they package them together, as I would suspect, I get to pay for an item I don't want. Awesome.

You know what also was misleading? the red stripe on the box for the CF vf-0a.... shin's color.

You know, I thought the EXACT same thing. Roy gets a yellow stripe, the CF gets a red stripe? My only guess is that Shin must get the blue stripe which for some reason also seems fitting for him. Still, I did/do find the red a bit misleading. Oh well, maybe it does mean that Yamato honestly didn't intend to release a VF-0 Shin but then the HFH caved and told them to go ahead and make some more $$.

Oh well, maybe it does mean that Yamato honestly didn't intend to release a VF-0 Shin but then the HFH caved and told them to go ahead and make some more $$.

yeah and watch.... they'll make an anime accurate colored brown and white CF VF-0A and say "OOPS~~ we did it again~"

Seriously, the idiot at yamato who makes these coloring decisions needs to be shot.