The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

I thought I'd make a thread to put all pics of the upcoming Yamato Ghost in.

Here are the ones I found so far in the YF-19 and VF-0A threads.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Although it doesn't transform or do anything but sit on the back of the VF-0, for some reason I love it.

I hope Yamato doesn't screw up on the colors. It could ruin the realistic look of the VF-0A if they get it wrong.

the only thing i can say about this is, i hope its not a rip off.

the ghost doesn't do much other than sit there, so unless theres some super fresh features i don't know about, this thing better be way below the price of the strike FP kit. don't get me wrong, i think its cool but its not cool enough that i'll lose sleep over it if i don't buy it.

Well when it gets here it'll probably be at least the same cost as the launch stands. I still can't believe that the Yamato launch stands cost as much as a 1/6 valks... it's only a stand! Still, I'll get the ghost for the collection.

I'm more interested in the new missile pods, rather than the ghost.

I don't know much about the ghost myself. The only feature that has been confirmed so far is that it has landing gear.

I would guess that the thrust nozzle can probably move as well to simulate thrust vectoring.

I hope it does get some color added.

Graham

According to the Hase kits, the Ghost and inner missile pods shoud be RLM66 grey (no way that's the "real life" color) and the outer misiles pods should be RLM79 yellow. The RLM color system is WW2 Luftwaffe, and nothing else. Hase also uses purely British colors for the VF-0A though.

So do they plan a "low vis" one first to match the new low-vis VF-0, then dark grey ones for Roy etc? You'd think they'd do Roy/Shin colors first.

I think the colors shown in the pics are just prototype colors.

The Ghost will probably be the dark grey like in the Anime.

I can't believe that many people aren't as excited about this release as I am.

The YF-19 FAST packs/ Booster ruins the overall sleek look of the YF-19. IMO it actually makes the YF-19 look like a jet with a lightup dildo strapped to it's back. The Ghost makes the VF-0 look like a jet on steroids with an entire munitions depot attached.

hehe, its not that anyone isn't excited, its just that no one is excited in buying yet another overpriced macross toy. :D

from what i've seen so far, its pretty featureless to begin with and landing gear doesn't count as a feature, thats should be a given on any aircraft toy.

I think the colors shown in the pics are just prototype colors.

The Ghost will probably be the dark grey like in the Anime.

I can't believe that many people aren't as excited about this release as I am.

The YF-19 FAST packs/ Booster ruins the overall sleek look of the YF-19. IMO it actually makes the YF-19 look like a jet with a lightup dildo strapped to it's back. The Ghost makes the VF-0 look like a jet on steroids with an entire munitions depot attached.

hahahaha~ nice way to put the fold booster~ Regarding that, I wish I can just get the fast packs because I agree, the fold booster looks like a ladies light up happy toy.

I also agree that the Ghost is awesome. It looks good and more people here will probably jump on the bandwagon when we see the badass in some badass metallic gun metal paint.

I guess we're more or less letting yamato know that there are limits to price. They've been on a roll these days and we dont want to let them think in their head that they can basically print money.

Price it reasonably and I KNOW I'm buying a couple.

• 3 weeks later...

I think people are just trying to not look like consumer whores that will buy anything that has yamato and macross on the same box.

Because there are some that will, despite their own battying and complaining, buy pretty much whatever Yamato comes up with. (not pointing any fingers specifically) But if you like something and you want to buy it, don't say otherwise. Good point raised.

So what's the issue with the price? It certainly doesn't look any smaller than the VF-1 FAST packs, so I can't see why it would cost any less than those.

Size is not always the determining factor for price. Actually, for toys it comes down to how complex and difficult it is to produce with demand also playing a small factor.

Because there are some that will, despite their own battying and complaining, buy pretty much whatever Yamato comes up with. (not pointing any fingers specifically) But if you like something and you want to buy it, don't say otherwise. Good point raised.

A couple of guys here are simply playing down the hype in hopes to create the perception that people are iffy about this unless the price is right. Honestly though, I dont think it works.

There are others, like myself, who are excited about it and have already said they'd buy it but only hope that it's no more expensive than the 1/48 fastpacks.

Here's to hoping! ^_^

i've mentioned on numerous occassions, its not wise to publically discuss prices(unless your lowballin ;) ), that it only helps yamato and retailers gauge how much the fans are willing to pay for something, please let me elaborate...

if someone here were buying a brand new car, that hasn't been released yet, with no indication of MSRP, all you saw were some pics. would you as a buyer tell the car salesmen how much you're willing to pay before hearing the price of the car? if so, how could you possibly expect to get a good deal?

its simple logic in my eyes but for those who can't see the logic....

i have some swamp land in florida i want to sell you.

thats all i'm gonna tell you, no acreage, no location, no details, just some pics here and there that surface when i allow them to, but please tell me exactly what you're willing to pay, i promise i'll give you a good deal. :D

*disclaimer*

i ask that no one take this as a reason to start an arguement with me, just take it for what its worth or throw it away, in the end its your choice. all i can do is hope. :)

Your logic makes complete sense haterist.

but Ah yes,

there's another logic (the wicked logic yamato goes by) that must also be considered... and that is, that there is a following of people who f-ing love swamp land..... an odd community of swampthing-like people who would go ape-shyt over anything pertaining "swamp". So all of a sudden the deal you laid out there is a bloody bargain!

What makes it more f-ed up is that there's only one swamp dealer in town and yes... that's YAMATO.

If I were them, I'd already know my products are the shizzle to the fans compared to the competition (what competition? eXactly~) and that if they make valks that are popular and cool enough, we'd buy them anyway regardless if they kick our nuts for fun, dangling pics and tid bits of info...

The thing I hate most is the increment at which they raise prices... JUST enough... you feel the pinch, but juuuuuuuuuusttt enough... that people figure, "F---it, that's MINE."

I can swing either way regarding discussing price. You got a point. But you gotta admit... it's yamato with the leverage... they know that already regardless of whether we talk about it or not...

The subjects I think we do have an influence for is advancement as far as quality and minor, easy-to-change details and voicing what we'd like to see made. Hence, that's where I spend most of my time talking about...

*disclaimer to Haterist* dont think every counterpoint is an attack on you... the whole point of forums is to debate and discuss. ^_^

There are people with far more information than we are privvy to who will decide what the price point will be. I think it's a bit vainglorious for us to believe that these forums have anything more than a trivial effect on how Yamato acts. We may bring faults to their attention after a toy's release but they probably get that information from MANY sources. They have a bottom line, they have a profit margin, they use equations to determine pricing. It's the middle men who do the marking up based on the flavor of the week. I also find it unlikely we can affect when they feel a product is of sufficient quality. They have standards, they try to live to them, they release products when they feel they have been met. When sales do not meet expectations they rethink those standards.

To play it safe though, I agree with the artist formerly known as Haterist, speculation really can't be beneficial in anyway. Display optimism for a low price point, hesitation for a high one, and really just hope for the best. I don't think it makes a difference if you say "I'd spend a million dollars for one!" so why bother doing it? Play it safe so the middle men don't try to bump up their own profit margins.

if you understand my logic, how about trying out and seeing what happens?, instead of just assuming it makes no difference? i mean, how could it possibly hurt anyone if they don't post how much they're willing to pay for something? if anything, do the opposite and say how much you're NOT willing to pay.

i'm not really concerned with yamato(they're wholesalers after all), i'm talking about macross r/etailers. if they sell macross toys, they know this site and when a bunch of us sit there and say, "i'm willing to pay $200 for it", why would any r/etailers in his right mind sell it for any less?

if i said to you, "i'll pay $500 for an IPOD", are you going to sell it to me for $400? $450? $475? or $500? i'll take a wild guess and say you'd charge me $500 because thats how much i said i'm willing to pay. i mean, why on gods green earth would you sell it for any less? what seller is that stupid?

remember the GBP armor when people kept saying, "i'm sure it'll cost just as much as a 1/48". and what happened? sure enough r/etailers sold it for as much as a 1/48.

but how come right now, those same r/etailers are selling them under or at $100 shipped? you think they're really taking a loss on them? where do you suppose they got that imaginary $35 mark up from? could it be from over-ethusiastic fans that kept going on about "the same price as a 1/48"?

For me its not so much about the price, but how much use i actually have for it. i dont like it as much as FAST packs, thats purely a personal factor. The missles or whatever they are look ok, and since fi9nding out it was a drone plane as well, I have been more interested, bnut Im not convinced yet. Price will be one factor and so will peoples thoughts upon release.

We know so little about this piece. Its hard to really make any decisions yet...

Jenius' statements echo mine.

First, let me make this clear haterist... I agree with you and I fully comprehend your "logic"... I actually commented early in this thread that it'd be priced too high if the ghost costs more than a set of fast packs...

It f-ing pisses me off everytime anyone responds with anything less 100% positively to what you say, you go into a jittery "why are you attacking me?!" mode... CHILL DUDE. I AGREE WITH YOUR LOGIC. and yes, I even practice it.

I was merely adding to it that ultimately the rising base price of yamato's will rise whether we want it to or not... Price jacking retailers are a monster by themselves and a whole 'nother story... I only buy from respectable and reasonable retailers anyway... Any prudent person can remedy that by buying somewhere cheaper... And as long as there's more than one retailer, they'll be one cheaper...

It's yamato's rising base price I'm concerned with and hence I said it was out of our control... and it is... bottom line...

i'm not jittery at all, i just know better than to post something somewhat controversial and not be "attacked" or feel like i'm going to be "attacked" by certain members.

my last post wasn't meant to piss you off but somehow you managed to take it that way....or atleast thats the way i'm perceiving your post.

i don't expect anyone to agree with me 100%, even 50% but to me, you just have an abrasive way of agreeing/disagreeing with people...again perhaps that just how i'm perceiving your posts, and vise versa.

its certainly doesn't help that its impossible to hear someones "tone" via a messageboard but know this, i only post when i'm in a good mood. even if it seems i come across in a bad way, i don't mean to be, i'm usually sitting here smiling when i post, i'm actually quite the cheerful guy. :)

i'm not jittery at all, i just know better than to post something somewhat controversial and not be "attacked" or feel like i'm going to be "attacked" by certain members.

my last post wasn't meant to piss you off but somehow you managed to take it that way....or atleast thats the way i'm perceiving your post.

i don't expect anyone to agree with me 100%, even 50% but to me, you just have an abrasive way of agreeing/disagreeing with people...again perhaps that just how i'm perceiving your posts, and vise versa.

its certainly doesn't help that its impossible to hear someones "tone" via a messageboard but know this, i only post when i'm in a good mood. even if it seems i come across in a bad way, i don't mean to be, i'm usually sitting here smiling when i post, i'm actually quite the cheerful guy. :)

Ok. I'm happy for you. :)

I am however going to stop responding to your posts for the sake of people here at MW and for the sake of my hair turning white...

it's the same thing over and over... you bite back after a less than applauding positive response, and then you turn the tables around and say others are being abrasive toward you... One thing you should take note of however... what's the common denominator with the back and forth you had with me and others you sparred with here? You.

I agree we really are handicapped by not having the benefit of hearing each other speak as far as discerning tone of voice... and I truly do hope you are really a cheerful person that's just misunderstood because of the lack of an audible voice.