1:60 GBP-1 !?

CF18

Wondering out loud, but it is probably possible for the Yammie 1/60 Super-O and Elintseeker to wear the GBP...?

I highly doubt it. The chestplate and backpack design for both would likely get in the way.

Edit in: The Vf-1D might be able.

Edited by Batou

hehe, first time I've seen a vending machine for pvc figures/toys. I wonder how much you gotta put in. :p:D:lol: And only in japan will you find such an idea. :p

Cool vending machine filled with Berserk mini figures. I think the others are kenshin and love hina

Also it looks like the 1/48 Super VF-1J will be bundled in one box. Look at the upper left hand corner. Box says Super Valkyrie

Edited by dejr8bud

Because the 1/60 line is still pretty popular. Also because it makes sense to test the waters with the smaller scale. If people don't fork the bank over for the 1/60 version (read: if it doesn't sell well) then you likely won't see a 1/48 version.

I think this is a pretty acceptable way of handling things. I hate it that so many fans take it so damn personal that Yamato didn't release the 1/48 scale version FIRST, and THEN worry about the blokes that still collect 1/60s (rewooh, this isn't against you, it's just a rant in general, don't take it personal). I'm so incredibly sick and tired of this "Bigger is the only way to be better" kick.

[old person rant mode]

This thing looks like it's gonna be friggin cool, but people can't stop worrying about ("oh, that's nice... when's the 1/48 coming out? Why didn't they release it in 1/48 FIRST??")... lots of folks are loosing respect for Yamato when it comes to this. The 1/60 line is a damn fine product. Yes it has it's flaws, but so has every release of the VF-1 (or any other valkyrie for that matter) that ANY company has put out so far. We've become a community of damn spoiled perfectionists. We want it friggin HUGE, we want it SUPER DETAILED, and we want it at something like $35. You know, I almost liked it better when there were just the 1/55's and the 1/100's... and if you wanted it super detailed, you DID IT YOURSELF (and hence, it was something to be proud of).

I hate to say it, but Robotech fans have a SERIOUS leg up on us in this department. All they really have is the MPC, and they love it. Yamato is our flagship company now. they've made a widly varied 1/60 VF-1 lineup, all of which otherwise wouldn't be available to us. I mean, who ELSE has provided us with a VF-1D, a VT-1, or a VE-1(recently)? And the TV super valks...Weapons and armor all available in the same package. Each valkyrie comes with a full ordinance loadout (with the exception of the Ostrich and Elint) separate hands, VHF antennas, pilots, and well, you get the idea. These are the type of details that Bandai/Takatoku customers of 20 years ago would've LOVED to have. (they SORT of got some of this stuff with the HCM lineup) Well, now that same company that is bending over BACKWARDS for us is providing us with yet another item that no other company is producing (again, for nearly 20 years)

Are the 1/48's better? Hell yes! BUT... the point is this: Don't forget your roots! We wouldn't have the 1/48's if it weren't for the success of the 1/60 lineup. Also don't forget that there are STILL those amongst us who love and collect the 1/60s (ME, for one... and I can't be the only one). Let this new hot innovation run it's course. If it stands to our tests, then there is a strong hope for a 1/48 version.

[/old person rant mode]

Edited by Skull Leader

i don't know fi anyone asked this but

why don't they make the 1/48 version of the armour?

wouldn't be better to make one for the popular line?

Lots of people asked the questions.. I would suggest reading through the thread to find out. It's 15 pages, true, but 15 pages of interesting stuff.

And it's not as if they said they won't do a 1/48 version. They neither confirm or deny that they are doing. Please look at it from their perspective. If they confirm they are releasing a 1/48 and later find that market demand is insufficient to offset costs, it can potentially be a PR nightmare. Thus, from a PR perspective, there is less harm from not confirming.

As for which is more popular, 1/60 or 1/48, please check the Yamato statistic thread. Last I check, the number of 1/60 units outnumber the number of 1/48 units. This implies more purchases of a 1/60 GBP set.

An analogy between 1/48 and 1/60 is that of a Ferrari vs. a Toyota. Here, Toyota are very common, and cheap, and utilitarian. Ferrari is a luxury item. I think if we think along these lines it would be more accurate.

EDIT: Added stuff.

Edited by Lynx7725

Yea, I understand what you guys are saying.

i guess i'm not a big fan of removing the legs of the valk to transform it...but..i am planning on getting one just to have one....which will it be? i haven't decided.

i duno.

ack..too late to type..got midterm tommorw. go back to look at a piece of paper..type later

I for one am esctactic that its coming in 1/60, cuz i will able to actually AFFORD it. :D

ive gone from loving the 60,to the 48, now backto the 60 cuz like others have said, its so varied and more affordable. I think its a bit more fun to play with the 60s as well cuz they fit ur hand better, so Im totally hanging out for this release, its looking very very nice !

*ps, I still love the 48 though, but 60s are still fantabulousoo in my books*

:)

I hate to say it, but Robotech fans have a SERIOUS leg up on us in this department. All they really have is the MPC, and they love it. Yamato is our flagship company now. they've made a widly varied 1/60 VF-1 lineup, all of which otherwise wouldn't be available to us. I mean, who ELSE has provided us with a VF-1D, a VT-1, or a VE-1(recently)? And the TV super valks...Weapons and armor all available in the same package. Each valkyrie comes with a full ordinance loadout (with the exception of the Ostrich and Elint) separate hands, VHF antennas, pilots, and well, you get the idea. These are the type of details that Bandai/Takatoku customers of 20 years ago would've LOVED to have. (they SORT of got some of this stuff with the HCM lineup) Well, now that same company that is bending over BACKWARDS for us is providing us with yet another item that no other company is producing (again, for nearly 20 years)

I like them both,,,,,,,,,,,,so I get them both. Im a Robotech fan, Also a fan of Macross, Gundam, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Kenshin, Transformers, and many others. So I like

Bandai, Toynami, Yamato, Banpresto, Gakken, Hasbro, Takara..............who cares, I love it all. Variety is the spice of life ;)

I like them both,,,,,,,,,,,,so I get them both. Im a Robotech fan, Also a fan of Macross, Gundam, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Kenshin, Transformers, and many others. So I like

Bandai, Toynami, Yamato, Banpresto, Gakken, Hasbro, Takara..............who cares, I love it all. Variety is the spice of life ;)

Gar, your wallet must hate you. :)

First off...Great that yammie is making a 1/60 GBP! :lol:

I'll probably wait for the 1/48 since the 1/60 line has been a total disappointment to me.

What I want to ask is why couldn't Yamato make a simple posable to be encased in the armor? It would have to have the same dimensions as the 1/60 valks. This would solve the problem of loose hips and such that make standing a 1/60 nearly impossible let alone with strike armor on it. I can't see a 1/60 holding up the weight of the GBP armor very well. A simple posable could solve that problem. Next add in a shoulder conversion kit for those who want a transformable 1/60 in it. If they did that I would buy it.

Since they probably won't I'll pass.

:(

Unfortunately what I forsee is a lot of people screaming about how their GBP can't stand...much like the problems with the elint. this may result in poor sales.

First off...Great that yammie is making a 1/60 GBP! :lol:

I'll probably wait for the 1/48 since the 1/60 line has been a total disappointment to me.

What I want to ask is why couldn't Yamato make a simple posable to be encased in the armor?  It would have to have the same dimensions as the 1/60 valks.  This would solve the problem of loose hips and such that make standing a 1/60 nearly impossible let alone with strike armor on it.  I can't see a 1/60 holding up the weight of the GBP armor very well.  A simple posable could solve that problem.  Next add in a shoulder conversion kit for those who want a transformable 1/60 in it.  If they did that I would buy it. 

Since they probably won't I'll pass. 

:(

Unfortunately what I forsee is a lot of people screaming about how their GBP can't stand...much like the problems with the elint.  this may result in poor sales.

I think the GBP will actually make the 1/60 more stable, not less so as the armor surrounding the hips should increase stability as it should limit the amount of free rotation of the hip joint.

Graham

does anyone is still hope that bandai will make the GBP?

:ph34r:  :unsure:

Me. Definitely. :D

Not really interested in the 1/55 GBP anymore. I mean if they made it, I'd probably buy one just to be a completist, but what I'm really looking forward to is a set of GBP for the 1/48. That will be awesome.

Graham

what I'm really looking forward to is a set of GBP for the 1/48. That will be awesome.

Graham

Careful... you just started 2 polls , 6 threads and one heart...

Well, as long as I didn't stop a heart, that's OK. :D

Note, I only said I'm looking forward to it. I've no idea if one is actually going to be made, although the possibility is probably very high.

Graham

what I'm really looking forward to is a set of GBP for the 1/48. That will be awesome.

Graham

Careful... you just started 2 polls , 6 threads and one heart...

Well, as long as I didn't stop a heart, that's OK. :D

Note, I only said I'm looking forward to it. I've no idea if one is actually going to be made, although the possibility is probably very high.

Graham

there is no reason for yamato to say no to 1/48 GBP B)

does anyone is still hope that bandai will make the GBP?

:ph34r:  :unsure:

Me. Definitely. :D

Not really interested in the 1/55 GBP anymore. I mean if they made it, I'd probably buy one just to be a completist, but what I'm really looking forward to is a set of GBP for the 1/48. That will be awesome.

Graham

Like izzyfcuk, I'm a sentimentalist too, one of the reasons why we love Macross. Gotta have it if they're making.... :lol:

I have no idea whether the armor will be released seperately or bundled together with the VF-1J, but if I was a gambling man, I'd bet all my money that it will come bundled.

I'm pretty sure the VF-1J can transform. If you read the card, it mentions '3' something, so I'm guessing that it says 'can transform into 3 modes' in Japanese.

Direct Translation on the card:

"MACROSS

1/60 3-stage Transformation

VF-1J

Armoured Valkyrie

(Price) Not Fixed

2004 Summer Release"

EDIT: ^---- Didn't even need Japanese. Chinese was 90% sufficient. :)

Yes, it's a bundle (because otherwise it would have read GBP armour instead of Armoured Valkyrie). Yes, the underlying 1J should be transformable. Yes, it's going to be frickin' expensive ('cos they haven't decided on the price yet..). And yes, it's going to release next year, which gives us some time to save up.

Lucky I didn't get the 1/60 Super-1J previously...

man, your chinese(or english?) is not well enough...it says "2004 spring" not "summer" :D:p

and, what is a CF? :(