Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

That was the plot of my favourite goofy episode, Auto-Bop. 80s fashion hasn't dated one bit.

It was not a very good plan.

I am serious about letting loose and having fun. Taking it so seriously (as if they're mecha piloted by a HOT SHOT PILOT IN A LOVE TRIANGLE) will make TF less fun.

I remember that episode...saw it somewhat recently too when I was going through my DVD box sets. It was cheesy as hell, yes, but it was pretty cool to see Blaster and Soundwave finally face off. Aside from their battles in the Japanese series Headmasters, they never squared off again in the US cartoon.

I am serious about letting loose and having fun. Taking it so seriously (as if they're mecha piloted by a HOT SHOT PILOT IN A LOVE TRIANGLE) will make TF less fun.

I've been spoiled by Transformers the movie and Gao Gai Gar. I can't help but hold my wacky robot hijinks to that level. :D

Just got Classic SS. Some of the joints are really tight. The smaller wings at the tail took a lot of force to fold it up. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Careful with those smaller wings - fold them from the base where they are connected, rather than holding the tips of them. Some owners with tight wings used too much force and snapped them.

I now have all of the Wave 1 Classics. Picked up megatron today at FRY's......he's a diffenet Shellformer but in a nifty way. One of the biggest gripes of it is that you can't turn his fists so you gotta keep his arm sidewayz so the cannon doesn't become a problem.

His overly large "wings" are a waste, I wish there was something you could do to them so they wouldn't be an issue, if you fold them all the way back he looses his balance from the heavy plastic.

His head is a great likeness to the G1, along with alot of his body sculpt. But I think alot more effort could of been put into his design, but oh well I really can't complain since I now have a Megatron/Prime stand off for display. And they're the same scale for once so it's even better. Couldn't really do that with Cybertron megatron and Prime.

I'd have to rank the ones I enjoyed the most as this

1) Optimus Prime

2) Bumble Bee

3) Starscream

4) Hot Rod

5) Megatron

6) Astrotrain

Can't wait for the future releases.

Movie Preview toys for Prime and Starscream

Bear in mind those are their pre-earth modes when they arrive on this planet. Thanks to S250 of TFW2005 for the link.

I finally got a Classics Prime, tonight. The blue is relatively dark. I haven't seen bright red on a Prime in years. It would be a welcome change. At least ths one isn't as pink as Cybertron Prime was.
I got both Cyb Prime and GF Prime and I don't see the pink you're talking about. But bear in mind our own lighting conditions affects how the colour appears to us. Edited by Fit For Natalie

My link shows all the pics - front package and out of package. For some reason S250 only linked page 2

They're meant to resemble rocks for a reason though - they're kind of like meteorites when they enter Earth, presumebly instead of using something like the Spacebridge.

A waste of company resources IMHO. Would have much preferred the use the time and effort to make an "un-gimmicked" YF-22 Starscream toy or something. (That's probably my number one complaint of TFs of the last 10 years--big firing missiles that cause extra-large arms/hands/weapons, that make robot mode look ugly---the prototype SS we've seen would look a lot better with the "palm blasters" removed) And imagine how much better Cybertron Thundercracker would be if he didn't have to carry around a missile-firing gimmick half the size of his alt-mode on his arm.

So far, I got all the Autobot Classics, and though I'm not impressed with Megatron's design, I'll still pick him up with the rest of them and see what they're going for on Ebay in a year or so. My wife thought I was nuts when I was looking to make sure the packages were in good shape (i.e. near mint condition).

Heh, "Rocklords" was the first thing I thought of when I saw those alt modes. I still have no hope for this film.

Fit for Natalie beat me to it. Ah, well, here's the pic, should it be pulled from that URL:

[attachmentid=37359]

Good robot modes, 'vehicle modes' remind me of Rocklords, except that they're worse.

Thoughts on Classic Megatron:

He's too small. I was crushed to realize he wasn't sized properly for an adult to use the gun.

Too much purple. I keep catching myself thinking "When did I get another Shockwave?" Too much neon green too, even though it's ALL in the wings. They desperately needed to apply some paint on the inside as well as outside.

The gun needs flippable decepticon logos, or the ability to move on top of his arm. Having the logos hanging upside-down is lame.

Overall, though, he's a pretty good design with an interesting transformation.

And the presence of several prominent decepticon logos makes a strong character statement in a line where everyone else has no affiliation logo aside from a single rubsign.

There are no pictures, and the MP-04 price point was a typo. It is actually the MP-03 price.

Now that's better :lol:

To bad this isn't a THS, I really like THS 02 Convoy.

This time they could make it the size of MP Prime; something as boxy as a tank or a gun (if they just want to sell it in Japan) probably doesn’t need too many parts and engineering to look like a boxy robot.

Edited by Twoducks

cool news.. if it is a gun I am guessing it would have to be boxed in robot mode due to customs being not to happy about importing of replica guns.

Added Hot Rod and Starscream to my collection.

I now have all the Classic bots except Astrotrain, who really doesn't do much for me.

And thus, I had to photograph a battle scene or 2. :)

Edit:And the board is being beligerent.

I never even hit submit since I couldn't get my files uploaded. Don't know what this post is here for.

And now one shows up 1.5 times? ARGH!

post-720-1161654100_thumb.jpg

Edited by JB0

It's funny bc/ even tho noone's even paying attention to him, Bumblebes's gonna get his ass kicked. :lol:

Honestly, if I were BB, I'd be worried about self-inflicted injury. Recoil on Powermaster Prime's rifles is probably pretty bad.

And in the retake of that scene(which I may wind up using photobucket to post), Starscream and 'Bee both have one gun on Megs and one on each other.

I <3 the backstabber. :p

Edit: Gogo photobucket.

Retake, part 1.

Retake, part 2. Mainly because I couldn't let part 1 stand as-is.

And this is why Hot Rod never shows up in these fights.

Edited by JB0

I heard the news this morning bout Megatron getting the MP treatment finally......however it seems no one has ANY details on what Megatron will appear as. Unfortunantly because of US Laws and customes, if Megatron was given his G1 gun variation back, it wont be allowed in the US unless they make changes to it's appearance like adding in an unremoveable yellow or orange cap and crappy colors like Classics Megatron. Anything to show it's not even close to a real gun. I really miss the old days where I could go to a toy store buy a lil machine gun and the only thing to distinguish it from another was the orange cap.

However, if he was given his G2 Tank form, it would be easily passed thru customes.

That's hysterical!

My Bumblebee just runs for cover, when the big bots get down to bi'dness.

Half the reason I bought Hot Rod was for the matrix tease, honestly.

And Bumblebee's been tortured by Shockwave for quite some time over here. He kinda snapped, and now that he CAN hold guns, he's latched onto the biggest possible.

Give Bumblebee Armada Prime's big rifle. That's probably the largest caliber traditional TF-looking rifle there is.

The gun needs flippable decepticon logos, or the ability to move on top of his arm. Having the logos hanging upside-down is lame.

For whatever reason of design, they mounted his cannon under arm, so to make it traditional over arm you just rotate his arm. His fist will be upsidedown then, but the cannon will look right.

Wife-to-be (4 days!) picked up Rodimus and Starscream for me. Even she commented on how cheap Starscream looks. Rodimus looks better, but is less posable.

I hate the projectile for Rodimus' gun, though. I always hate clear plastic 'laser' or 'flame' projectiles for toys. They always look terrible. Really I'd rather they make the gun look better without the projectile gimmick.

Still, at 10 bucks a pop these are nice. I love how posable SS is, though the inability to angle his wings back kind of hinders that. For both, outside of MP Starscream and Alternators Rodimus, these have to be the best incarnations of these characters in toy form, ever.

The sooner Alternators Rodimus joins the ranks on my shelves, though, the sooner I'll be a very happy collector.

I'm still iffy on whether I'll import MP SS, or wait for a Hasbro release. I'm skeptical that Hasbro will do a "better" colour scheme, but I'm also worried about the reports of how fragile MP SS is. On the other hand, I've heard people make comparisons to the 1/48 Valkyrie backpack hinges and I've never had any problem with those. So it's possible the worries are exaggerated.

I'm still iffy on whether I'll import MP SS, or wait for a Hasbro release. I'm skeptical that Hasbro will do a "better" colour scheme, but I'm also worried about the reports of how fragile MP SS is. On the other hand, I've heard people make comparisons to the 1/48 Valkyrie backpack hinges and I've never had any problem with those. So it's possible the worries are exaggerated.

The toys isn't fragile per se, it's just really tight the first few transformations and so makes a lot of scary noises until it loosens up. If you start the transformation by lifting the piece with the airbrake before folding the wings instead of following the instructions you’ll be ok. After more than a dozen transformations, I’m now only careful with the nose part because I don’t want the tampo printed stuff there to continue chipping.

The tail spikes are the only part I see that can break, but so far I’ve had them caught in my shirt a few times and they are ok (whereas a model kit would be broken by now).

Edit: Congrats for your very very near future wedding!!

Edited by Twoducks