Meeting with yamato

Guest Graham-2

I wish you could have asked them why they're so darned addicted to DYRL schemes. How original of them.... They took the DYRL "A" and put a head for an "S" on it with some different decals. Woopie....

How about TV Max "J" or something unique like the Low Viz? These DYRLs are getting old....................and boring...................

I wish you could have asked them why they're so darned addicted to DYRL schemes. How original of them.... They took the DYRL "A" and put a head for an "S" on it with some different decals. Woopie....

How about TV Max "J" or something unique like the Low Viz? These DYRLs are getting old....................and boring...................

To each his own, I suppose...

Since the Hikaru VF-1J is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if a Max and Milia 1/48 VF-1J will be available someday.

As long as I get my new YF-19's next year, of which I will get 2 of them, I will at least be happy. More so if they bring out a DYRL SDF-1 hopefully under 200 dollars, whatever scale they could make it for that price. A VF-4 would round things out very nicely. Whether or not I get a Q-rau depends both on the price and the final size of the figure.

I would guess the latter part of the 2004 might be focused on Macross Zero valks since the series will finish its release by then.

On a side note, I like the cold cast statue idea that popped up earlier. A complete-out-of-the-box DYRL concert Minmei (1/7 or 1/8 scale so she won't obscure the valks) would make an intersting centerpiece, especially in front of whatever scale SDF-1 they come out with.

i know you cant give out info on the YF-19 FP Graham, but can you give us a vague idea of when it will be released?

While a specific date was not mentioned a mysterious stranger with a hacking cough revealed on the VEX message board that the YF-19FP will be released in 2004. :p So, delayed until next year but definetly still due. Hope this helps!

...who was that masked man? :blink:

I don't mind the delay as I have a feeling the finished product will be well worth it!

Melissa

As long as I get my new YF-19's next year, of which I will get 2 of them, I will at least be happy. More so if they bring out a DYRL SDF-1 hopefully under 200 dollars, whatever scale they could make it for that price. A VF-4 would round things out very nicely. Whether or not I get a Q-rau depends both on the price and the final size of the figure.

I would guess the latter part of the 2004 might be focused on Macross Zero valks since the series will finish its release by then.

On a side note, I like the cold cast statue idea that popped up earlier. A complete-out-of-the-box DYRL concert Minmei (1/7 or 1/8 scale so she won't obscure the valks) would make an intersting centerpiece, especially in front of whatever scale SDF-1 they come out with.

Hmmm....too bad Yamto doesn't have the M7 license, otherwise, imagine having a little Fire Bomber stage diorama! :lol:

Now, any chance of a Low Viz YF-19?"

I still want that TV Max 1A.

You're not the only one,

has any company ever come out with this other than in model kit form?

I've already trashed one Yamato 1/60 trying to make a custom,

I'm in the process of trashing yet another one :p

If I get this one right, I'll try it on a 1/48...

I'm definitely picking up a couple of YF-19s and then I will start

collecting donations to collect the M0 line.

I still want that TV Max 1A.

You're not the only one,

has any company ever come out with this other than in model kit form?

I've already trashed one Yamato 1/60 trying to make a custom,

I'm in the process of trashing yet another one :p

If I get this one right, I'll try it on a 1/48...

I'm definitely picking up a couple of YF-19s and then I will start

collecting donations to collect the M0 line.

Sadly enough, yes. Toynami released a Max 1-A Super Poseable as part of their limited edition Macross boxed lineup.

...then don't buy 'em.

Wait until Yamato or someone else releases the TV schemes.

You were able to wait nearly 20 years for new valks. Waiting a little while longer for the TV versions wouldn't hurt now would it?

Oh , what a shame , I didn´t get to post any questions ..well , Graham wasn´t allowed to tell anything on the upcoming Macross Zero line anyway...I was wondering though if they were planning on making a 1/60 GBP armour or if they would just skip that plan and go directly to 1/48.

Oh yeah , I´m also very curious of how they feel about the 1/72 line success when there´s so much growing interest in the 1/48 line . :(

Guess we´re damn to buy 1/48 from now on cause I doubt people will be willing to buy non-1/48 stuff.

How about TV Max "J" or something unique like the Low Viz?    These DYRLs are getting old....................and boring...................

...then don't buy 'em.

Wait until Yamato or someone else releases the TV schemes.

You were able to wait nearly 20 years for new valks. Waiting a little while longer for the TV versions wouldn't hurt now would it?

It seems painfully apparent that Yamato has a fixation with DYRL schemes....thus there aren't going to be any TV schemes...

And no, I won't be purchasing DYRL *ANYTHING*.

It seems painfully apparent that Yamato has a fixation with DYRL schemes

Yeah, live with it.

....thus there aren't going to be any TV schemes...

Umm...TV Hikaru (with FP's to boot) after the Hikaru 1S, I doubt the M & M Supers will be too far behind.

It's just too bad the ones you want aren't getting any notice. Maybe because you rant too much?

...naaaah :rolleyes:

And no, I won't be purchasing DYRL *ANYTHING*.

Good for you! :p

Edited by Omni Existence

Please, endulge me.... how is re-painting a existing valk grey unique? And if I'm not mistaken, its a real life color scheme.... and you still consider it to be unique? <_<

It's unique in Macross terms, UNLIKE the stupid DYRL schemes. Please, gag me....they are so uninspiring as to make one want to wretch. Can anyone say, "BOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING" by chance?

My ranting has nothing to do with it. Yamato just has a different set of priorities, namely saving blue plastic or dumping excess inventory if nothing else....

I for one hope OE is correct in that the TV schemes are on the way soon...

Edited by Skull-1

Does anyone recall why yamato didn't color the visor dark grey on the 1/60 Hikaru vf-1j ? Will the 1/48 version have this same omission as well? Tv version vs movie version? I might need to rewatch DYRL. The reason I ask is b/c the the max and milia 1/60 vf-1j's had colored visors.

Well, I'll buy anything Macross in a TV version. Now, I'm not gonna sit here and put down DYRL but I will politefully mention that I much prefer the TV version.

I would love to have the following set in 1/60, or 1/48 but that would wipe me out financially, they would all be TV versions:

VF-1S Skull One

VF-1J Hikaru, Max & M

VF-1A Max, Kakizaki

VF-1D Trainer

That's the set of seven that define the series for me.

Gabe Q.

How about TV Max "J" or something unique like the Low Viz?    These DYRLs are getting old....................and boring...................

Come on, man! Didn't we go through this with the 1/60's? To summarize:

VJ-1J Hikaru - with (non canon) FAST Packs

VF-1J Max - with FAST Packs

VF-1J Milia - with FAST Packs

VF-1D

VF-1A CF - technically a crossover product, but who's complaining?

All that's missing is the Max & Kakizaki VF-1A's...unless you're holding out for a YF-1R. :p

We've got a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J confirmed, plus neat new stuff like the Low Viz. I'd say these are pretty good times for Macorss collectors. Does anybody really doubt that a M&M duo is on the horizon? You just have to be more patient.

Edited by bsu legato

Come on, man! Didn't we go through this with the 1/60's?

We've got a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J confirmed, plus neat new stuff like the Low Viz. I'd say these are pretty good times for Macorss collectors. Does anybody really doubt that a M&M duo is on the horizon? You just have to be more patient.

Yes we went through all of this with the 1/60's...

One must be patient. Believe it or not, folks, some people out there have a completely different opinion than you (shocking, I know)... and they actually like the DYRL schemes better.

Some of us like 'em both. So be patient and I'm sure Yamato will get around to making your favorite valkyrie. Hell, they made the VF-1D, so I'm a happy boy.

Come on, man! Didn't we go through this with the 1/60's? To summarize:

VJ-1J Hikaru - with (non canon) FAST Packs

VF-1J Max - with FAST Packs

VF-1J Milia - with FAST Packs

VF-1D

VF-1A CF - technically a crossover product, but who's complaining?

What BSU said. Yamato knows that the most efficient way to make money is to sell variants. They'd be stupid to end the 1/48 line with the DYRL Valkyries (and the low-ris & 1J). As long as the 1/48 line sells, the more variants Yamato will produce. In the meantime, chill.

I don't see how they can sell if it's the same boring stuff over nd over and over again..... That's my fear (that they'll stop before they get to Max).

I don't see how they can sell if it's the same boring stuff over nd over and over again..... That's my fear (that they'll stop before they get to Max).

I'm guessing that there's enough fans of the DYRL scemes in Japan to warrant their continual use. Yamato isn't alone in this. The Banprestos and Hasegawas are also extremely DYRL-centric. It seems to be the "preferred" version of the VF-1.

Im only interested in three things:

1. TV Valkyrie variants. 1/48 or 1/60. Doesnt matter to me.

2. 1/60 Fast Pack Kits.

3. Enemy Mecha.

That's pretty much where I stand. TV 1/48s have my attention, but otherwise... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................

Of course, everyone knows that by now..................but.........

I like the TV series better than the movie for a variety of reasons (even though so far I've only seen a bit of it in the original non-Robotech), but I'm happy I got a Hikaru VF-1A and I don't mind that I didn't wait for the VF-1J. The movie VF-1A head has really grown on me! Due to space constraints and self-imposed money constraints, I think that'll be it for 1/48's for me, though. Hoping now to score a reasonably-priced Hikaru 1J Super 1/60 in anticipation of standing it next to a series of 1/60 destroids and opposition craft. (And a 1/60 Rabbit! :p )

Does anyone have the M7 license to make toys? With the movie, ova, and enorce episodes and manga I'm surprised there aren't toys for it.

i think bandai still has it and isn't planning to let it go.

That's what I've been hearing, too.

But there's always the VFX versions of M7 Valks to be done as Yammies! I'm anxiously awaiting a VF-5000.