1) 1/60 VF-17 D/S

2) 1/60 VF-4G

3) 1/60 VF-22S/J

4) 1/60 SV-51

5) 1/60 VF-0D

6) 1/2500 SDF-1 (TV/DYRL)

7) 1/60 VF-11B

8) 1/60 YF-21

lastly, limited variants of 1/60 VF-1S/J with perfect transformation so that it would blend in with the 1/60 line

Cheers

I agree with your list of wants. But, why oh why, would you want a re-visted VF-1 1/60 line? As it is most of us would just like Yamato to complete the 1/48 line with two-seaters.

Graham, are you reading this? C'mon, only you can make it happen.

;)

I agree with your list of wants. But, why oh why, would you want a re-visted VF-1 1/60 line? As it is most of us would just like Yamato to complete the 1/48 line with two-seaters.

Graham, are you reading this? C'mon, only you can make it happen.

;)

Erm cos a perfect transformation, highly detailed 1/60 VF-1 would nicely blend in with the current line of 1/60 from the M+ and M0 line, its doesnt have to be every single variant..just the leading characters versions like VF-1S Hikaru/Roy, Vf-1J Hikaru/Max/Millia and probably VE-1 and SO. :unsure:

But here's to hoping cos its very unlikely that yamato would redo the Vf-1 in 1/60 scale cos they would probably realise we are quite sick of them already. If that happens, i would just have to make do with the current 1/60 VF-1S Strike and VF-1S Super. :)

Edited by recon

Well, while we are on the issue of things that could happen, those GBP hands look incredible! If valks came standard with the posabel transforming hands, and a set of really nice looking mechanical fixed pose that would be great. Yamato already has the means to do it.

And, while we are on the subject of pipe dreams that could never happen, I would love to see the 1/48 VF-1 or 1/60 VF-0 or YF-19 planes come in kit form. Basically, everything you get in a three figure toy, in a box, on runners, fresh from the mold. For those of use willing to put some hours of work into a kit, you could cut the cost of a Yammie at least in half. And, since Yamato has publicly admitted, with the inclusion of ABS canards in the YF-19, that people love to customize, they know they have a market for it.

All I want are some serious price reductions...I pay to much for these little quirks in their products.

Also, can we please get some more variety?! Like a VF-2 or something?

I don't like the VF-2, one it's very similar concept to the VF-1 and also it's a little ugly. When with the SAP, it only looks satisfactory to me.

Hope the summary posts gets to Yamato someday.

My Max and Kakizaki BOTH have crooked skulls.

Boo-urns Yamato. BOO-URNS.

My reissue Hakaru 1A (my only 1/48) has the same thing too. are there any recent DYRL paint job 1/48's that don't have this?

Edited by RFT

Maybe Kawamori has said that crooked skulls are official! Did ya think of that huh? Well, did ya? :D

Graham

Well then, I suppose I'll revise my complaints to address the UN-OFFICIAL-NESS of my straight skull Valkyries! Doesn't look like Yamato is going to win -- does it? :D

Careful! Someone may take your statement seriously. :lol:

Actually, if I was selling a DYRL 1/48 on Ebay and it had straight skulls, I would probably mention it in the item description, in the hope that idiots buyers would bid a bit higher. :lol:

Graham

From the issues pertaining to the breakages of plastic in the bicep and shoulder seen in the VF0A, graham issit possible for you to feedback yamato to cast the bicep/shoulder as one solid ABS piece instead of two plastic pieces joined together or use pom plastic for the shoulder/bicep areas. Its terrifying to see plastic break so easily especially for a high end toy product. Hopefully we can see these imporvements incorporated in the upcoming VF-0A with Ghost.

• 3 weeks later...

As Yamato will be meeting up with Graham in just over ten days or so, I'm considering making an opinion survey with questions that address issues such as the ones in this thread and having you assign numbers based on importance. What do you guys think? What do you guys want that is not on this thread?

i read thru the thread and everything I want fixed is already here.

other than production of certain valks/mecha alot of whats here is

about Panel Lining and Tampo Printing and better Stickers and QC issues (toy testing) and Smaller Boxes.

QC is my biggest gripe.

As Yamato will be meeting up with Graham in just over ten days or so, I'm considering making an opinion survey with questions that address issues such as the ones in this thread and having you assign numbers based on importance. What do you guys think? What do you guys want that is not on this thread?

I'm going to start a poll about panellining. There's been a lot of debating about whether or not Yamato should panelline their products.

I'd say more stringent testing on the plastic used and not necissarily the toy. It looks as though the plastic is the real issue here. For example, take a look at where the metal swing bar locks in place during transformation of fighter, yup, you guessed it...STRESS MARKS!

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Actuaslly on the issue of hands....

the 19 has hands with a peg to help hold the guunpod, which is a REALLY good idea from Yamato. Any chance we'll see similar changes to the hands on the VF-0? Hell, Id love em on hands for the 1/48s as well, but im also realistic ;)

Actuaslly on the issue of hands....

the 19 has hands with a peg to help hold the guunpod, which is a REALLY good idea from Yamato. Any chance we'll see similar changes to the hands on the VF-0? Hell, Id love em on hands for the 1/48s as well, but im also realistic ;)

well, since I brought up the peg idea back with the original release of the 1/48, it might take a while.

Actually, I like the 1/48 hands just the way they are with the exception to the size. It could have been scaled just a little larger and it would have been perfect.

true, if it was a little bigger, the pinkie would better anchor the handle. As it is, it's only the index finger and thumb that really hold the gun in place.

Would it still have fit in the arm cavity though? It can be tought to get out sometimes as it is...

there's a thread here with people ordering master grade gundam posable hands for the their 1/48s while retaining transformation... so I think a little bit bigger wouldn't hurt too much.

Hi Everyone,

How about tighter joints on the ankle/booster leg connection so that the valkyrie doesn't wobble when the table or bookshelf shakes...but I'm sure this note has been brought up already.

More importantly, the boxe size and quality are what I'm more concerned about. For the amount that's being charged for these figures, I'm not asking for Yamato to lower the price, but upgrade the box a little bit for future products. I take pride in owning these 1/48 and 1/60 scales, and I would definitely feel a lot more satisfied if the boxes are more compact, solid and sleek!

I'd like to see the box size minimized by at least an inch or more in all sides. I'm too lazy to take measurements. How about box measurements similar to a Takara MP-01 Convoy?

Secondly, with minimizing the size, hopefully the cost will go towards better quality box materials? Personally, corrugated boxes with matt printing in the outside...stamp foiling on specific lines and logos and spot lamination. Keep the box background to solid colors; from dark gray, dark blue, dark reds to matte black.

Again, sorry to bring it up, but the Takara MP-04 is the best looking box in the outside that I've gotten a hold of from all the toys that I've purchased. I don't know the look of the inside of the box because I've yet to crack it open. But the box feels solid.

There also something about the better feel of a matte surface versus the glossy/flooded varnish on the current yamato boxes. On a matte finish, there's a roughness and "edginess" that somehow say "elite" or "upscale." Glossy print with flood varnish represents club flyers, mass mailers and flimsy magazines.

Lastly, Yamato can try to better the graphic design on the boxes. The VF-0 series and YF-19 boxes are actually pretty good in terms of layout and color usage. They're a lot better than any of the 1/48 valkyries. The first 1/48 GBP armor box with the slightly textured background look the best in my opinion.

My request or recommendation; please don't try to print images on every side/flap of the box with unappealing graphics of the figure. And if Yamato's designers are to do so, don't ruin the photo of the figure by masking or placing it under photoshop textures.

I know that sometimes there's last minute requests on box artwork gets the best of the designer and marketing...but get a head start. I don't know, maybe it's just me, getting old...but the only other packaging goodness that I can think of that may be suitable for the 1/48 & 1/60 scales are the Apple boxes...from the flat screens, the tower boxes to iPods.

What do you guys think?

Hey Kensei and Graham, didn't we not have a box art contest before? I know some of us don't work for free, but I'm sure there's plenty of Illustrator and Designer MW members who can show their skillz; show some box samples and artwork. I'd most likely to do it, and I'd think about the service as a returned investment...great box, wonderful figure, and definitely a collectible.