Now That Yamato Has The Ball Rolling Again

NSJ23

Since it appears that Yamato has not given up on Macross and are even making more Macross Zero Valks and are going to finally release a new YF-19.

Do you guys think there is any small chance that they might try and release a Transformable DYRL or TV SDF-1 Macross?

I know it's on a lot of fans want list and hell they are going to release a Angel Birds VF-1A so IMO anything is possible.

Sorry, I have been away for awhile and the new releases have me hoping for more. ;)

I hope so and would love to have an SDF-1, problem is - Yamato would only be able to milk the mold twice (Macross and DYRL versions) ... so I doubt they'll make it.

A shame.

:(

420629[/snapback]

That's one more variant than the Koenig Monster. :lol:

I hope so and would love to have an SDF-1, problem is - Yamato would only be able to milk the mold twice (Macross and DYRL versions) ... so I doubt they'll make it.

A shame.

:(

420629[/snapback]

That's one more variant than the Koenig Monster. :lol:

420633[/snapback]

Not to mention the SDF would be on EVERYONE's list if it came out~ :lol:

I had a thought once when I was in a local comic shop... I saw these marvel toys with the regular figure and a PART of a much bigger Galactus figure with it as well that you can put together... Collect them all and you got yourself a huge Galactus~

It was one of those Guiness "BRILLIANT!" moments.

Eventually I came to the realization that although it would be cool, that 1, yamato is not anywhere near as generous, and 2, most of the 1/48 are already out.... and their rate of production is no more than 2 at a time so...

Sigh.... One thing is clear for me though.... if they're making one, I atleast want it to be around twice the height of a battroid 1/48.... and something like that'll cost an arm and a leg... :(

I missed a chance to purchace a 1/3000 sdf-1 complete in a box from a Collector's store 10 years ago for $80 US. Would love to get a Yamato version at any scale. But not at any price... to me, unless it's a size of a room (impossible), it's just one big non-articulate brick (too much BRICK trauma from collecting Transformers, old & new).

Trust me, it will come :ph34r:  B))  ;) .

420680[/snapback]

Agreed. Graham's latest hints has me convinced they'll eventually be made within the next year or two. Now it's just a matter of time.

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but I currently know of no plans to make an SDF-1. Or if there are plans, they haven't told me.

Lots of other great stuff tho.

Graham

420693[/snapback]

:angry::angry::angry:

bart_strangles.gif

:p:p:p

Edited by kensei

Has anyone ever made a good SDF1 toy ?

I know that matchbox did and the Taka one is ok. None of them are that detailed. If Yamato make one its gonna be very well detailed compared to the 80`s stuff. If its anything bigger than the 1/48 be prepared to sell any spare relatives you have to fund that purchase.

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but I currently know of no plans to make an SDF-1. Or if there are plans, they haven't told me.

Graham

420693[/snapback]

DOH! My bubble has been burst. :(

it just makes me ponder, with Graham's bubble bursting, that we could actually speculate about the valks that might be made.

and since Graham will feel an obligation to burst bubbles since it wouldn't be good to let our expectations build, then those valks whose threads don't get a response from the G-man may actually turn into reality!

*wondering out loud* ^_^

I don't check out the toy section much, but when I saw the thread, I thought I'd check it out. If any of the toy manufacturers out there are smart, they'd make one. It all started with the SDF. Time for the toymakers to go back to our roots! - :) - MT

To be honest with ya, I wouldn't be very interested in a SDF toy. That's not to say I don't want Yamato to make one, I don't want other people to not get what they want just because I don't want it. I just think it would end up being too expensive for basically a brick. I can force myself to believe that the price of a 1/48 is worth it because it transforms and is rather complex. But even that requires some convincing. Somehow I figure the SDF would be a big hunk of plastic that has an extremely simple transformation (really not much of a transformation at all, it just kind of "stands up") and it would probably cost $150+. This is all speculation/assumptions of course and, like I said, if the other fans do want it then I hope Yamato does make it.

Graham

420693[/snapback]

I really hope destroids are in the works at least.

It would be pretty tragic if Yamato didn't consider producing a super detailed transfroming SDF. Even if they did it in the same 1/3000 scale as the Matchbox, I'm sure they'd put that one to shame.

Hopefully, they'll get bored of repainting vf-1s one of these days and get around to this. The yf-19 will distract me....for now...

I really hope destroids are in the works at least.

Yes, Destroids would be nice ... but you know you can probably easily find some of the "Exo-Squad label" re-issues on eBay for relatively low prices. They're pretty good IMHO.

:)

Kensei, I couldnt have said it better myself. This pic is priceless. This what I want to do to Graham every time he makes these statements. No offense Graham, just drives me insane when you say "Lots of other great stuff" is coming. :lol:

Graham

420693[/snapback]

:angry::angry::angry:

bart_strangles.gif

:p:p:p

420726[/snapback]

how come nobody has ever made a largish scale resin kit of it bigger than the 1/3000 ? The SDF1 is about the only thing I`ve never owned in any form.

Edited by big F

i hope they make it but seeing as they can't release multiple varients, i doubt it. i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it.

if they do make it, i hope it'll be bigger than the 1/3000 scale. it doesn't have to be the size of my house or anything but big enough that beats out the matchbox/takatoku versions.