Toynami:

Huh... if a red Toynami Beta comes out for $80 I'll buy it to go with my one MPC Alpha, provided it doesn't disintegrate out of the box...

Nope, just the hands will. :D

I've never bought anything from BBTS, but I just pre-ordered this as well!!

Hopefully it will get released and BBTS will honor their list price.

^_^

Just curious, what's their order cancellation policy? Are they easy to deal with?

Hell just froze over.

I thought I would never pay full retail for a Toynami product, so I hope BBTS did make a mistake and will honor the price. Just did a pre-order as well.

Just curious, what's their order cancellation policy? Are they easy to deal with?

I've never cancelled a pre-order with them, so I don't know the policy there, but I do know that they are friendly and easy to deal with. That's part of the reason some of their stuff costs more than other online places do because they usually have better customer service than their competitors. If you've dealt with them long enough, you know where the extra money's going. They have a very good reputation on the forums I frequent.

I've never had a problem with them, and sometimes I'll deal with them even if it costs a little more just because I know that not only will it get to me, but it'll get to me fast. I purchased my 1/5000 movie Macross from them for precisely that reason, rather than deal with the perils of importing/evilBay.

Take a look at the third picture on BBTS' page and you'll see what a real Alpha/Beta hook-up is supposed to look like! B))
Yeah, I'm looking. And just like the CM's version, the "nipples" of the Beta remain only partly covered:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/produ...ge/TOY10201.jpg

http://www.cmscorp.jp/products/img/bgex01_regios/l03.jpg

Neither of them match the line art perfectly:

http://wwwmwww.com/Mospeada/Line09.png

As I've said earlier, it only works out that way on paper. Big deal...

Damn. Hell has, in fact, frozen over. I've just strapped on my skates and preordered - thanks for the heads up.

BBTS has gotta honor this price with all the pre-orders coming in today alone. I personally have no need for one. So I am not getting it.

:ph34r:

ya i jumped on this beta even thou i dont have a Alpha at all... maybe i should try to find one >.>

oh i also notice they have a preorder for the second masterpiece beta

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

i wonder if thats the green one? cuz that alpha is easier access to obtain =P

--

also they have the Robotech shadow chronicles alphas up for preorder too for 79.99 each

maia sterling:

marcus rush :

(I notice that the description for marcus's seems more like for a cyclone *ponders* =P)

i also notice they have cyclones for preorder too, their 79.99 too:

Scott (says released 1st quarter) :

Lancer:

Rand:

Btw, i used bigbadtoystore.com for Gi Joes 25th line. you can cancel preorders really easily with not much hassle, u just update your preorder items by if u want to cancel u just put a "0" for quantity number and then it would remove itself =P

Edited by Hikaru's VF-1S

marcus rush :

(I notice that the description for marcus's seems more like for a cyclone *ponders* =P)

See....and that makes you wonder sometimes if BBTS really has their act together. I mean...posting that pic with that info is just not right. That makes them almost as bad a Toynami.

Thanks to all for the feedback about BBTS.

Another question: I placed my pre-order with a credit card, but when I check my account info they don't have it saved. Does this mean my payment method for the pre-order didn't take? Should I add a credit card to my account info??

Thanks again.

Thanks to all for the feedback about BBTS.

Another question: I placed my pre-order with a credit card, but when I check my account info they don't have it saved. Does this mean my payment method for the pre-order didn't take? Should I add a credit card to my account info??

Thanks again.

I don't really know because I have my CC on file with them......but if you go into your account and then scroll down and click on "view preorders" you should be able to see if it took or not.

Alpha OTS > thanks for the heads up! ;)

i preordered too :p i'm really looking forward to this, despite the horror stories of QC. let's hope they do a good job this time.

and i dont have my alpha yet :p

Aoshima should work as well right? and Aoshima's hands are they as bad as toynami's ie the hand crumbles?

PS > i'm getting the CM's as well... >.<

Edited by Shun

It's hard to tell if the Aoshima hands are improved. They feel and look a little different but I didn't have the balls to give them a thorough working. The plan is to release the Beta as the Aoshima Tread following the MPC Beta release. If you get in Aoshima Legioss you should be able to get the matching Tread... you'll just have to wait a lot longer than everyone else. The good news is, Aoshima might find more things they want tweaked and you might get a better Tread. The bad news is Aoshima might use a different factory and you might get a toy that's crappy in all new ways.

WHAT!? I wait years for a great Ride-armor. I wait years for a great Legioss/Tread pair. All of a sudden i'm facing becoming a poor itinerant because like the proverbial bus, two come along at once.

GITS!

BBTS will not charge your CC tilll the product arrives into their warehouse. BBTS has create Customer service. However somethings I find are expensive there but I am willing to pay a little higher for it sine I can get my items within US.

Also I know Toynazi are not done with the alphas. There are suppose to wait for the molds to ome back from Aoshima rumor has it.

Hell just froze over.

I thought I would never pay full retail for a Toynami product, so I hope BBTS did make a mistake and will honor the price. Just did a pre-order as well.

Been a long time since I pre-ordered from them. I forget, do they always honor pre-order prices or can they change them now?

Also, I think the Beta looks GREAT, and for $80, I don't care if it has some QC issues, it's a dream come true at a fairly cheap price. Also, the Toynami Ride Armor looks pretty cool too, it's just a matter of how much of a perfect transformation it is and how many QC issues/annoying things are wrong with it. If not much is wrong with it, it'll probably be bought by me at least. I want those fast packs dang-it, but I only want Max's, so I guess I'll have to ebay it or find someone who's selling them separate.

WHAT!? I wait years for a great Ride-armor. I wait years for a great Legioss/Tread pair. All of a sudden i'm facing becoming a poor itinerant because like the proverbial bus, two come along at once.

GITS!

To me that's an easy choice. I already have the Alphas and, although they aren't great as far as fit and one has an area of sloppy finish, none of them are broken or show any signs of spontaneous disintegration, and they do look almost anime accurate in all modes... unlike the CMs (maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who did not get the craptacular examples of the breed). So, I can have an Alpha/Beta combo for, at most, $180 shipped (and I do think that the Toynami example looks better than CMs' -- no judgment on quality, however), or a Legioss/Tread combo for app. $300 shipped. In addition I will be able, if I so choose, to procure all the Betas to go with all the Alphas, including the SC ones, for the same or lesser price for a complete collection; whereas, with the CMs I can only be guaranteed to acquire the blue alpha and be left hanging or forking over even more than the absolutely absurd retail price for the other, exclusive, versions. Thus, for me, there is no contest; Toynami's it is. I preordered the blue Beta at BBTS (thanks for the heads up by the way) and if I'm satisfied with their rendition of this "holy grail" mecha I'll pick up the others as well; if not, then I'll at least have one which does complete the set for the main characters in the show.

Edited by mechaninac

The blue Beta is the only one shown with any regularity in the show, right? I just rewatched the whole thing and don't remember red or green having them...

The blue is the hero version of the Beta that gets just about all the screen time with the freedom fighters. However, during the initial assault by the Mars Base fleet seen in the first episode of the series, the green Beta does show up in combined mode with green Alphas as background cannon fodder. The Shadow Beta shows up fleetingly in the assault on Reflex Point, I think... not sure, and it is prominent in Shadow Chronicles. The Red Beta never shows up in Mospeada, so it never did in The New Generation chapter of Robotech either; however, it is shown in Sentinels. Of all the Betas, the blue one is the only one, to my knowledge, ever shown transforming into the different modes.

I'm not sure if the shadow Beta shows up in the assault in Reflex Point. I do know it is shown before that in the Synchro cannon episode VERY fleetingly. I think you see a combined Shadow Alpha/Beta losing altitude and exploding in a cut scene.

There will be no Aoshima Tread. Yaco confirmed this back in December:

http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/read.php?1,174674

Tommy Yune and George Sohn later refuted that story though. I would think it makes sense Aoshima cancelled the deal after that quality control debacle but George said they were simply changing factories. Time will tell....

Edited by jenius

I spoke with the guys at CollectionDX after they met with George Sohn at Toy Fair last month. He confirmed that Aoshima is not co-producing the Beta. It's not in their article but you can post in the comments section and ask about it.

Been a long time since I pre-ordered from them. I forget, do they always honor pre-order prices or can they change them now?

They honor them. When they first put up SOC Raideen for preorder they had it listed at 79.99 and I preordered right away. Later on they changed the price to 99.99 but my preorder price is still 79.99. Basically whatever the price says when you place your preorder is what you will pay when the item ships.

Another reason everyone should consider ordering the Beta from BBTS is the return policy they have. If you get a cruddy Beta just let BBTS know and they'll email you a return label you can print out to send the toy back for store credit or a full refund.