If You Had A Say, What Mecha Franchise Would

If you had a say, which of course, you don't, BUT if you did have a say what would it be?

I'd vote Patlabor. Done up exactly like the votoms were done, with fuly detailed cockpits to fit GI-joe sized pilot figures. They could even make a little command car to go along with them. Also the 1st 3 varients would be easy and they could later sell upgrades for the reactive armor.

Edited by GobotFool

indulge me with this answer since it is not a mecha franchise, but what about voltron, Vehicle and Lion.

415655[/snapback]

How is Voltron not a mecha franchise?

Yamato needs to do Robot Alchemic Drive. I'd pay good money for a toy meganite.

Appleseed landmates (can't remember the names)

1/8 Tachikoma/Fuchikomas

Crusher Joe

Zone of the Enders (i'd buy them all up)

and highly unlikely, Attack Suits Valken

Edited by wolfx

Another vote Attack Suits Valken, man those advertising models for first game back in the day were great, or if M23, Harguns.

I know most people would expect I'd say Mospeada, but Yamato had years before Toynami got the rights to snap up the license, so that would indicate that they couldn't get or weren't interested in Mospeada when the rights were available...

Personally the listing i did was for any OTHER company that could do it and NOT yamato. Cuz i'd prefer Yamato to stay on their Macross franchise and build up on all the mecha they haven't yet done. :D

This is easy, Yamato could make an aboslurme killer Gasaraki Raiden if they did it in the same scale as their Scopedog but with the modern militray super detailing rather then 80's toy asthethic they used for that.

Failing that, FMP: Arm Slaves (too big for 1:12 unfortunately) or a nice line of Nadesico Aestavalies with all the swappable frames.

Appleseed landmates (can't remember the names)

Ah, yes, the good old Guges landmates, particularly the Guges Ds from book 4.

415701[/snapback]

Indeed. I remember seeing a pic of a Landmate fully painted and all that by Yamato in an issue of ToyFare once.

But I guess it was never released. And there have been pics of a Bri.... The big cyborg guy's version as well.

This is easy, Yamato could make an aboslurme killer Gasaraki Raiden if they did it in the same scale as their Scopedog but with the modern militray super detailing rather then 80's toy asthethic they used for that.

Failing that, FMP: Arm Slaves (too big for 1:12 unfortunately) or a nice line of Nadesico Aestavalies with all the swappable frames.

415765[/snapback]

1:12 maybe too big but 1:18 might be alright. Microman sized pilots.

Raiden, the Arbalest those are 2 mechs I would love to own. In a 1:18 scale of course.

I just realized I picked all stuff Yamato has already done toys for.  So how about this: the original Dangaiou.

415721[/snapback]

Make that two votes for the original Dangaio (My fav bot).

Also add in one Megazone Hargun bike complete with parts truck and crappy BD figure (to go along with Shogo)

I'd like a super posable Detonator Orgun too.

Valks, BGC Hard suits, Gunbuster, Garlands, and Dangaio.... I could die happy then.

post-2912-1152801540_thumb.jpg

post-2912-1152801569_thumb.jpg

Ninja Scroll....

415749[/snapback]

*points to topic*

<_<

415757[/snapback]

Uh-oh...Looks like I've offended the thread police...

If you had actually watched Ninja Scroll you would've seen a mecha-like character or two. Besides, other than Tekkaman Blade most of the other ideas posted weren't very inspiring, hence my idea that Yamato does more character work...

Edited by myk