Would You Buy A New Perfect Variable 1/60 Vf-1?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?

• YES-The old 1/60 VF-1's are showing their age!
    • NO-The 1/48 keeps me happy.
    • MAYBE-New tools are intriguing..

Hey fellas.

Its been 5 years since Yamato released their very first 1/60 VF-1. Back then we thought we had witnessed divine intervention for we finally got a new superbly sculpted and accurate VF-1 toy in nearly 20 something years.

So the 1/48 came out, we all crapped our pants and bought that. It was awesome and life was good.

We neglected our 1/60s and the 1/48 made it painfully obvious how the 1/60 was lacking. PERFECT VARIABLE was the name of the game.

So yamato surprises us with the VF-0, mating perfect variability with awesome sculpt. They are doing it once again with the YF-19.

And yet when the YF-19 comes out, it and the VF-0 totally outshine our 1/60 VF-1's.

The 1/60 scale line is Yamato's largest by far for Macross. Its been 5 years. Do you think they should totally redesign their 1/60 VF-1 from scratch and make it perfect variable?

I could do without the 1/48's features such as flaps, radar cone, intake covers, stuff like that. What I could not deal without with would be PERFECT TRANSFORMATION. And being that the VF-0 lacked radar and flaps on the toy and not many of you are complaining, I tend to think most of you could do without those features on a new smaller VF-1 toy as well.

I would love a new VF-1 perfect variable in 1/60 scale. it'd be cheaper than the 1/48, have more detail than the old 1/60, and fit in better with the new VF-0 and YF-19 than the old VF-1 toys.

Discuss!

no.. I have about 10 1/60's. I just couldn't sell all of them and replace them with another 10 1/60's. I'd probably buy one just to check it out though.

if they offered only a core group , with fast packs - all die cast.

vf1s roy

vf1a hikaru

vf1a kakizaki

vf1a max

i already have too many of these to start over and the 1/48 are great

The VF-0 and YF-19 in 1/60 scale are huge toys compared to the VF-1's, so I believe making a perfect variable toy should be easier than the VF-1's.

However with the CAD advancement and the know-how Yamato gained in the 1/48 VF-1 line, I really would not mine a perfect variable VF-1S in 1/60 scale! But before they redesign the VF-1, I would love to see other valks being brought to life. The VF-4 would be cool as no toy of this val was ever made!

Nope, not a good idea to bring back the 1/60s. The heatshield and the hands would be even smaller or have to be removable.

Anything around 30 cm in battroid or fighter mode is perfect. Don't care about scale.

For once, bigger is not always better when you consider it in the bigger scheme of things (i.e. shelfspace AND roomspace)

See thats the thing too, Billy Wong worked on the original VF-1 1`/60 and the macross plus 1/72 toys. Nishikawa helped but he had the main duties for the 1/48 and look how that turned out.

I'd love to see what Nishikawa could pull off in the 1/60 scale aided by CAD.

I find it funny that the 1/60's hands were bgger than the 1/48's.

I like the size of the 1/60 and heck a VF-1 under 100$ and made by yamato would be cool. Besides haven't any of you grabbed your VF-1 1/60s and pondered "what if?"

If Yamato did make a PV version at that scale durable enough, I'd go for it, but would not be interested in buying the full line due to VF-1 burn-out syndrome. Variants I'd buy would be:-

Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie.

VT-1

VE-1

Max's DYRL VF-1A.

As you can see, I'm more of a DYRL fan than a TV series fan.

But rather than more VF-1 toys, I'd prefer to see Yamato tackle design not done before like the VF-4, VF-5000, VF-17, VF-22 etc.

Graham

I would buy it because I bought a Qrau and need a good guy to fight against it for display purposes.

See by the time I got into yammy valks, the 1/48s were already out and the PT was what drew me to them.

There is a certain charm about the old 1/60 though. Like the robot mode and big hands and stuff.

Now if you look at the 1/60, although it is a big toy, it doesn't quite have the details (the missiles for example) that a similar sized one does in 1/48.

I hope that although they do lessen the detail they see how much they can cram into the little guy as possible without being too easy to break or anything. Diecast? Only if it needs it.

Small boxes too, please!

I think while the 1/48 was the collector's choice, maybe by making a cheaper smaller scale, it might attract the mass consumer familiar with the series, and then anything made from this means we get to see more in the line. Profit made from valks might be able to be redirected to say a 1/60 glaug (give us the same attention the scopedog was given) or 1/60 tv Qrau (with grunt pilot) or something.

Doesn't always have to be vf1.

I would buy it because I bought a Qrau and need a good guy to fight against it for display purposes. 

See by the time I got into yammy valks, the 1/48s were already out and the PT was what drew me to them.

There is a certain charm about the old 1/60 though. Like the robot mode and big hands and stuff.

Now if you look at the 1/60, although it is a big toy, it doesn't quite have the details (the missiles for example) that a similar sized one does in 1/48.

I hope that although they do lessen the detail they see how much they can cram into the little guy as possible without being too easy to break or anything. Diecast? Only if it needs it.

Small boxes too, please!

I think while the 1/48 was the collector's choice, maybe by making a cheaper smaller scale, it might attract the mass consumer familiar with the series, and then anything made from this means we get to see more in the line. Profit made from valks might be able to be redirected to say a 1/60 glaug (give us the same attention the scopedog was given) or 1/60 tv Qrau (with grunt pilot) or something.

Doesn't always have to be vf1.

411943[/snapback]

Dude I agree, and besides, it seems that if anything new macrosswise is to come out from yamato it probably will be in 1/60 scale.

A PV valk of high quality and aesthetics with great durability cheaper than a 1/48 around 60$ would be GREAT!

And I want a VF-3000 and VF-4 like many of you do.

I'd go for it. It'd mean the value of the 1/60s we have would be turned to dust though (not that they have much anyway). Honestly though, the 1/60 VF-1s are so bad they almost make me angry so I'd love to see Yamato revisit them and improve them in every way. Then 1/60 would be the NEW scale for all Macross and we could get our Monster and destroids and everything else and leave 1/48 scale for the true "ultra collector's items" and their crazy prices.

Agree with Graham, deffinently want to see some new valks before this would ever hapen.

I voted yes, as i was lucky enough to be a late bloomer in collecting Yamato goodness, as i mentioned before today in another thread, i have only '1' 1/60 valk and that's the VT. I would only display it in fighter or gerwalk (with arms still locked, not retracted). Too floppy in Batt mode. Soon as i transformed it i started lookin online for my first 1/48.

I would only buy 1 or 2. One VF-1s, and possibly a 2 seater.

The 1/48's are awesome enough as it is, i want my YF-21 before anything else gets made.

Yep Jenius, that's how i see the 1/48's as well :p the true shi*collector item for us Macross freaks. :D

Yes I would buy one if they did it well.

But no for right now. I'd rather see re-sculpts of the M+ valks in 1/60 scale, a VF-4, VF-3000, and VF-5000. Too much VF-1s out there. Let that line cool down a bit.

And I prefer mine with minimal die-cast now. :p The 1/48 VF-1 showed you don't need buttloads of die-cast.

I've always wanted a 1/60 scale perfectly variable VF-1 with a good looking sculpt. Yamato had demonstrated that metal swing bars and landing gear can be small with the VF-0, so I see no issues with using the same design from the 1/48 on a 1/60. The only things that will need to be changed are - get rid needless metal content, get rid of the gimmicks, fatten the nose cone to accomodate swing bar lock (1/60 needed a nose job anyways), and maybe sacrifice retractable hands for fixed articulated ones.

However, given that this will come at the expense of new Mac+ toy production and will piss off 1/60 collection holders, I'll be happy with 1/48s.

with no hestitation i vote for perfect trans 1/60 valks.

i've wanted yamato to make them since forever ago. they're the perfect size for swooshing around, i mean you can swoosh around a 1/48 but you can't really swoosh it swoosh it around.

i know its seems silly but i want a valk that i can actually play with(kind of why i'm looking so forward to toynamis 1/100 valk) and not just a super awesome display piece.

as much as i'm VF-1ed out, if they made it exactly like the 1/48, i'd buy all of the them again.

I am big "or perhaps small" on have the same scale in a collection. With the 1/60 Zero, Q- , future YF-19, I would buy new 1/60 VF-1 sculpts but then need to find a 1/60 VF-4.

I am thankful for the SHE VF-5000 and VF-4 but dislike that they are 1/100.

i like the 1/60 line of yamatos.... but another line of VF-1 valks to get would just be painful to replace the old ones.... u know how many of the old 1/60's would be on eBay???

they might drop in value lower than the MPC's!!!!

I voted for maybe. If Yamato did make them, I'd buy one just to check it out, but I highly doubt that I would buy the complete line. I've already got a bunch of the current 1/60s that suit me just fine.

With the exception of the Ben Dixon, and maybe the Miriya Sterling, the 1/60 Yamatos have been selling for less than the MPCs for quite some time now. The only 1/60s that catch any sort of price at all are the supers, strike, elint, ostr, and GBP+1J.

i like the 1/60 line of yamatos.... but another line of VF-1 valks to get would just be painful to replace the old ones.... u know how many of the old 1/60's would be on eBay???

412179[/snapback]

Which is why I said they should release the fan fav paint schemes that never made it first. Like angel birds, Max TV VF-1A, stuff like that. Maybe even a max type Skull 1.

Besides its painful for me to wonder "wat could have been" with the 1/60 whenever I stare at it. judging by the advancements yamato has made in the last 5 years, I wonder just tend to think a new 1/60 would kick all ass and provide something cheaper and lighter on the wallet for us while giving us something of high quality to fit in better with the VF-0 and upcoming YF-19

even though 1/60's would look nice posed together.... all of these valks have never appeared together so it doesn't really matter if they're in scale w/ each other.....

but i'm all for a cheaper quality valk.... i wish these toys would drop below $100 again because currently... i can't believe so many people have bought into these...including myself

even though 1/60's would look nice posed together.... all of these valks have never appeared together so it doesn't really matter if they're in scale w/ each other.....

but i'm all for a cheaper quality valk.... i wish these toys would drop below $100 again because currently... i can't believe so many people have bought into these...including myself

412253[/snapback]

The way I see it a ton of us waited years and years for someone like bandai to come up with a all new VF-1 toy that would surpass the old 1/55 takatoku. The first thing on our minds was aesthetics.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a new VF-1 toy with way better looks than the 1/55, more accurate and transformable?

That happened when yamato released the 1/60 way back in 2001.

Then after that, a bunch of us wanted something with the same level of detail and accuracy if not higher, but PERFECT VARIABLE. In 2002, this happened with the 1/48.

So now, in 2006 onward, I'd like to see a 1/60 valk under 100, heck under 80$ that is perfect variable.

I miss the days of under 100$ valks! And I think we can all agree we'd all love a perfect variable VF-1 of high quality and detail for under 100$

Why can't the collectors buy these too? That way they can increase the total number of valks they own. (selling off the ones they can't keep to collectors who can) Maybe even release Ltd ed. low vis in 1/60?

And for those who lost thier valk collection in a fire or some other reason (sold thier collection because they had to move or pay for some bill) they now can look forward to improved 1/60 right?

(personally if yamato were to announce a new version of the Qrau with more detail, I wouldn't be pissed, but happy)

5 years has passed so I think it is a fair time to see what they can do.

But I can totally understand people who are sick of the vf1. I think it has been milked to death. Yamato should focus first on at least trying 1 twoseater valk (if possible) for us 1/48 people who miss out on stuff like the vf1d.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I would buy a 1/60 PV VF-1.

I don't think it will ever happen. I STILL like the existing 1/60's (own the whole line). And I still like the proportions of the 1/60 VF-1 better (let alone the VF-1S head which is an abomination!).

I would buy a 1/60 PV VF-1.

I don't think it will ever happen. I STILL like the existing 1/60's (own the whole line). And I still like the proportions of the 1/60 VF-1 better (let alone the VF-1S head which is an abomination!).

412446[/snapback]

I never had a problem with the sculpt and proportions of the 1/60. I just wished it was Perfect variable. I think by removing the diecast and implementing a similar system used in the 1/48, perfect variability could be possible. That and unhindered shoulders and missles that stick onto the wings. The 1/60 never had a BP8 to worry about as well.