Uwe Boll Want's To Beat The Crap Out Of You!

Is there no low to which this man can sink?

From the IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-23/

Filmmaker Challenges Critics to All-Out Brawl

German horror director Uwe Boll is so fed up with receiving bad reviews from movie critics he is challenging his detractors to a filmed fight. Boll, whose movies Alone In The Dark and House Of The Dead are based on video games, says he will fly his critics to meet him and will then fight them in a boxing ring. The filmmaker is incensed by an online petition which has 13,327 signatures of people asking him to stop making movies. Boll, who has also invited Roger Avary and Quentin Tarantino to join his fight, plans to air the fights on the internet. He the plans to edit clips into his latest film Postal. Boll says, "I'm fed up with people slamming my films without seeing them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who've never watched my films. If critics want to bring Uwe Boll down, here is their chance to physically bring him down and have the entire world watch them do it."

Come on! What is this guy, 12 years old? Even if some critic did agree to physically fight Uwe Boll, would that change the box office failure of his poor films or the critic's universal hatred for his movies? This has got to be some kind of publicity campaign. Bad press is good press I'm guessing?

Come on!  What is this guy, 12 years old?

410732[/snapback]

LOL! Yeah, I saw that on IMDB earlier this morning and thought the same thing. What a jack-ass. I feel almost as sorry for Uwe Boll as I do for anyone who has ever seen his films.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

LOL! I figured you fellas would get a big laugh outta this idiot. :)

The guy might as well call it quits. I mean, if this isn't raising a white flag I don't know what is. He's simply admitting that the critics have got to him. No point in continuing if he lacks a thick skin.

Edited by Mr March

It also shows how he's gonna loose so much creditability now that he's blown his wad over something so trivial. I was being being told over and over that my movies sucked, I'd expect people to tell me what was wrong with 'em so I can fix that problem in later films.......

Crap I almost rented Blood Rayne, wasn't that directed by him? I don't even remember seeing it in theaters, but here it is on DVD....glad I passed it up.

Crap I almost rented Blood Rayne, wasn't that directed by him? I don't even remember seeing it in theaters, but here it is on DVD....glad I passed it up.

410916[/snapback]

That's him. He's also doing Dungeon Seige and Far Cry. He's a one man army, systematically destroying every video game franchise imaginable. We fans also suffer the nice little ancillary benefit of his abhorrent reputation. I mean, imagine being a filmmaker post-Boll trying to get a video game franchise made into a motion picture. First thing the big studios will do is point to "All those bad video game movies that tanked at the box office in the late 90's and early new millenium."

Quite the legacy :)

Brain damage might add creativity to his films...help the guy out...

410919[/snapback]

Hey! Not a bad idea. Most of the best artists have some kind of physical/mental impairment or some kind of substance abuse problem. This could be a step up for Mr. Boll :)

I mean there has to be a reason why Ben Kingsley, the guy who was freaking Gandhi, was in BloodRayne.

410950[/snapback]

*sigh*, to go from Ghandi and Schindler's List into the jaws of Uwe Boll. Kingsley what are you thinking? Then again, Ben was in "Species" :)

I mean there has to be a reason why Ben Kingsley, the guy who was freaking Gandhi, was in BloodRayne.

410950[/snapback]

*sigh*, to go from Ghandi and Schindler's List into the jaws of Uwe Boll. Kingsley what are you thinking? Then again, Ben was in "Species" :)

410960[/snapback]

Don't forget he was also in Sound of Thunder and Suspect Zero, guys been making some odd movie choices lately.

410916[/snapback]

Yeah, that was Boll.

On the upside, it comes with a free copy of the PC version of Bloodrayne 2, or at least the retail package does. So you might get some use out of it anyways.

Don't forget he was also in Sound of Thunder and Suspect Zero, guys been making some odd movie choices lately.

410961[/snapback]

Sound of Thunder at least had potential. The original story is a classic.

It just got messed up badly in the translation to film.

I for one have attempted to watch Boll's movies when released as rentals, and have had a horrible time trying to sit through even ten minutes of one. BloodRayne, on the other hand, was so bad it was actually funny. I found myself laughing through the entire thing, mostly because of Kristana Loken and Michelle Rodriguez bad acting and stunts. I also loved the fact that badass drunk actor Michael Madsen was so inebriated thoughout the film I found myself imitating him. There are times if you watch closely enough, Madsen looks like he is going to puke! And speaking of which, this movie is what Mystery Science Theatre 3000 was made for. Just add your own dialogue! BloodRayne is a horrible, horrible movie, but it is also great for some laughs.

Other than that, tie a rope around Boll's scrotum, while anchoring him to a cement post and have a horse pull the rope until the nuts come off.

man this guy is an ass....

Quotations:

"They were better than actors. We looked for local Romanian actresses, but there they are all from the theater and act very broadly. For 150 euros a piece the whores would be naked and do as they were told. It was better." (in an interview for Bloodrayne: The Movie talking about why he chose to use prostitutes instead of actual actresses)

"Postal will be so politically incorrect and harsh, it's like a mirror to American society, and I don't think the movie will be well received by everybody. For example, Osama Bin Laden will be one of the lead characters—I think that shows the mood of the movie."[14]

"House of the Dead 2 I gave away. Alone in the Dark 2 I will also not do; even if the DVD movie made money. BloodRayne 2 in the Wild West is what I really want to do."[16]

Referring to the non-stop television airing of the September 11, 2001 attacks: "This day showed us that we are all completely voyeurs greedy for thrilling entertainment no matter if this is real or not." [1]

Ohhhhh you know wha? I'd pay money to see P.W.Anderson and Uwe go at it in the ring.

411091[/snapback]

I'd pay money to see them forced to watch each others' movies.

411095[/snapback]

Problem's that they might actually be immune to that. Perhaps they should be forced to watch this movie instead.

411100[/snapback]

*laughs*

That always crops up just as I've forgotten it existed again.