If Sk Were To Make One Final Macross Series,

Phalanx

I decided to start this topic because I was interested in hearing some of your opinions and ideas about what would you hypothetically expect out of a final Macross series if SK were to do one. As for me, I would expect it to have at least one black character (don't want to get into this for the controversy) as part of the main cast of VF pilots, lots of explosions, special effects and intense action and a little bit of vulgar humor. And now what about your ideas? :rolleyes:

Maybe the mods should make a permament thread of this discussion since it keeps popping up, as for another series, a really long one to start with, I mean long long, 70+ eps, with flashbacks to areas we have little detail on, maybe about how the UN spacy is getting to cumbersome to control and starts to fracture.

I'd like it to be good. That would be nice. Really, there's nothing specifically I'd want out of a new Macross, whether it be the final one or not. Some nice animation, coupled with some nice designs and solid writing. Really, it could be set in any time period, previously explored or entirely new. It could feature new mecha, old mecha, or designs that exist but haven't gotten the limelight. It could have the U.N. Spacey encountering a large Zentradi fleet, some of the remaining Supervision Army, or a new enemy altogether. I really am not too concerned.

When it comes right down to it, despite what some may choose to believe, I don't really even care if it's made by Kawamori, so long as it's good.

I'd just expect it to be different. That's all. Throw in all you want, but make it unique and I'll be happy.

Maybe the mods should make a permament thread of this discussion since it keeps popping up,...

Actually, this is the first time it's popped up in the past 2 years, so I'll give it some time. However, since this thread has been done...and done several times already....I'll leave it open till later tonight, in which I will close it.

And BTW, I shall remind us all again, please use the search function before posting a new topic. If you suffer from an illness or have any difficulties which prevents your ability to use the search function, please report to Moderator Roy for an ass whoopin. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7600

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=3369

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=2436

After dyrl and before plus I would like to see but I think zero is the final macross show, think our god mr.K wants to move on to better things instead of adding more.

Edited by Zentrandude

Between DYRL and Mac+ would be neat, but honestly, I'm pretty with Radd here.... as long as it's good. I'd want something pretty harcore tho... real gritty military type action, not crazy zany stuff like Mac7 (there's a time and a place for that, but I really want something gritty and utilitarian)....

Another idea I've always had floating around in my head is a DYRL side story... I've always always always wanted to see one of the other squads on the Macross.... we know about Vermillion team and Skull Squadron, but there obviosuly have to be more. maybe a Spec Ops wing that does alot of behind the scenes sbatoge and recon...

And going back to the between DYRL and Mac+, why not a series directly after DYRL, with the aftermath of the war, and the reconstruction of earth? They could finally actually use the VF-4 in animation :lol:

I'd expect that it'd take place sometime after 7, and be directly tied in with the ending of Zero, since the AFOS didn't seem to convinced at the peaceful intentions of humanity.

Sorry, I had no idea somebody started this thread along time ago but thanx Asreal for reminding me B));)

I am not exactly on topic, but I actually would prefer something that would tie together all series made by Kawamori. Well, not exactly like Matsumoto's universe, more in the way of Alan Moore who uses character invented by others or Imagawa's Giant Robot (and the first 3 episodes of Shin Getter Armageddon).

Let's say there was this Atlantean civilization who got wiped out 12000 years ago by the crush of an alien spaceship, which would be called Macross. The most powerful Atlanteans hybernated to survive (one of them is a giant monkey thing who can't talk). In the present there is a boy who is a descendant of these Atlanteans and can sprout wings on his back. Let's say the rest of humanity was made by nanomachines spread by the Macross which altered a great part of the original Atlanteans (who for the most part were still basically humans). The partner of the protagonist is of alien-modified human descent, she sings and has visions.

One day the humans discovered the Macross (which is identified with the Ark myth) and use its technology to invent variable mechas. The AFOS though was activated and call for an alien fleet that immediately come to Earth and at the same time the ancient Atlanteans resuscitate. So we have a battle with these three parties: the humans, the Atlanteans and the aliens. The humans can't choose whom to allies with (heck, at first they don't even know who they are descended from). The conflict then escalates, the aliens create a base on the moon and so on.

The aliens got a technology based on singing, while the Atlanteans were fond of destiny manipulation or energy absorption (Escaflowne or Aquarion?). The protagonist has a best friend with green hair who betrays humans and side with aliens (maybe he, the protagonist and the singer at the end of the series get a three-parts mecha). Also there should be an AI theme.

FV

Like many of us I would like to see the original series redone, just reanimated, but with the original character designs, maybe update the outfits. Show the evolution of the valks, uniforms, etc... between the start, with the TV show type, to the movie era configurations, possibly during the reconstruction period. I would also like to see the reconstruction era more, get in the lost two years. However, what I would prefer to see is that the next macross be the last macross, let me explain. Imagine a macross movie, OVA, series, whatever that follows an archeologist assigned to a military expedition. You follow the story through his eyes as the task force basically back tracks the expansion of the zentradi and supervision army back to the homeworld of the protoculture. All the while they find all kinds of artifacts, derelicts, etc... maybe even the APHOS and the descendants of Shin and Sara. This would allow for many one shot episodes and a lot of exposition and looking back at the history of macross, previous series as well as explaining many of the unanswered questions. Of course there would be valks and combat with rogue zents, SA, melts, and maybe even new enemies, but for the most part the focus would not be on the combat but on the discovery. After that, after all those major questions are answered, then you could go off and do the side stories or the reanimations, etc... just my $.02

How about an OVA/possible series revolving around some of the original characters who got lost during their return trip from their expeditionary mission to the other side of the galaxy, and a pensive, love struck protagonist's self appointed mission to find his lost hero. Throw in a new "shade" technology and/or enemy thingamgig and MOSPEADA inspired hardware and you've got the next, perfect, Macross chapter. :ph34r:

No, wait... :p

Edited by mechaninac

Lots of hot lesbian sex.

392094[/snapback]

OMG LOL! :lol::lol:

I am not exactly on topic, but I actually would prefer something that would tie together all series made by Kawamori.

So an idiotic crossover?

I think that tops my idea of a series revolving around a fighter squadron headed by Gubaba.

Az, maybe just pin this thread and leave it as a self perpetuating thread.

There are always going to be newbs with ideas.

This way they have a place to go instead of creating a new thread every time.

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

I'd like to see an OVA series focusing on the Unification War taking place shortly after Macross Zero, with Roy and Claudia as the principal characters. There is nothing more dramatic than mankind fighting each other....

I'd also like to see Space War 2 with the Earth facing the Supervision Army, utilizing story elements proposed by Macross 2, but taking into account the events of Macross 7 and possibly the return of the AFOS units from Macross Zero.

I'd also like to know what happened to the Megaroad 1 mission, but used as a tie in to further explain the story of the Protoculture Republic.

Edited by Zinjo

Like many of us I would like to see the original series redone, just reanimated, but with the original character designs, maybe update the outfits. Show the evolution of the valks, uniforms, etc... between the start, with the TV show type, to the movie era configurations, possibly during the reconstruction period. I would also like to see the reconstruction era more, get in the lost two years. However, what I would prefer to see is that the next macross be the last macross, let me explain. Imagine a macross movie, OVA, series, whatever that follows an archeologist assigned to a military expedition. You follow the story through his eyes as the task force basically back tracks the expansion of the zentradi and supervision army back to the homeworld of the protoculture. All the while they find all kinds of artifacts, derelicts, etc... maybe even the APHOS and the descendants of Shin and Sara. This would allow for many one shot episodes and a lot of exposition and looking back at the history of macross, previous series as well as explaining many of the unanswered questions. Of course there would be valks and combat with rogue zents, SA, melts, and maybe even new enemies, but for the most part the focus would not be on the combat but on the discovery. After that, after all those major questions are answered, then you could go off and do the side stories or the reanimations, etc... just my $.02

what he said ... or ...

a real space war. Involving many planets, multiple generations of characters, (humans vs humans, rogue zentradi vs humans, brainwashed supervision against all, anti-un vs un spacy, mad scientists with new AI like sharon apple trying to control everything etc) and basically tie this to the end of the universe.

No I said end of the universe, not end of the world. There would be a strong relationship between the various races (like those elf people in macross 7) and the protoculture ruins all spread all over the universe and the end of time. Make a huge prophetic PC religion that is followed by hibernating protoculture survivors who are like the high priests of thier culture (awakend from thier sleep like the dark angels in aquarion) and these people decide that all inferior races should be wiped out.)

Some of the alien races make a choice to ally with the PC, others fighting against the pc, and meanwhile you have humans sympahtising with the PC and managing to get a good portion of the awakened PC to fight the good fight for the benefit of all.

Because the PC genetically tampered with everything they must have a superiority complex and consider everyone else thier 'failed experiment' that must be wiped out to start all over again. (this is where the twisted religious side of the PC comes into play who were agianst experimentation all along - they would think of themselves as superior while everyone else as inferiour and they ar the judges of all existing culture because they came first. They create a kind of Klu Klux Klan for PC to keep thier dying line pure of any other culture or race as a way to survive and preserve thier divine blood)

I can imagine a huge 3 way battle being interesting between human+cultured zentradi, supervision army, and PC (highest level of technology but dangerously close to extinction)

The focus will be on the love between mixed race human/zentradi (maybe one of max daughters) and a surviving descendant of PC.

The PC would have the best weapons, and bioweapons mixed with OT (like organic versions of Qrau with DYRL-style brain in a jar pilots with technology that self repairs and ships that have fully automated functions), the humans would have the second best stuff (using thier knowledge of repairing like the Terrans in Star Craft and our ability to reverse engineer other technology) and the supervision might have some special supernatural, maybe even demonic power.

Humans will have tried to spread culture but the focus here will be on the politics (getting back to the real world stuff we saw in the tv series rather than the fantasy in DYRL of "instant conversion and maximum sappy ending and hand-holding, feel-good message")

Of course we would see the return of wild characters (remember kamjin and how he had gotten used to the culture shock of minmay and still maintained his bad behaviour?) and these would be like mercenaries for hire in space.

Basically what I want is for macross to be as wide in scope to outlaw star. (not just about the military but the economy of each race, the politics, the technological advancement, the culture and relgion etc)

That background info may be the motivation for why certain races won't agree to central form of control and be reason for future space wars. But the difference here is, instead of being on earth it is in space - and they are fighting for control over sacred land and power.

With the use of space folding all kinds of imported technology and ideas from other cultures must have an effect on the way humans fight wars. Because I think to keep un spacy as an "uncontested power" with no change in how they do things or tactics is boring. It may be the reason why I think the AFOS in macross zero being alive or sentient is such an interesting concept becuase if it is going some place to warn somebody that humans are now going to spread and take over control of things this might be a threat to others' interests.

The God 'Procacha' (which I think looks like a dragon) might be a symbol of bad stuff to come. I can imagine the PC having merged reptillian with birds and space whale to create a flying monster which can enter into any environment (space, water, in an atmosphere, on land and with limited psychokinetic abilities) and think independantly and go where it needs to. (kind of like what the white base had in gundam)

As this is the last of the macross shows it would have to be a long epic ugly struggle with many casualties and high death count. There would be risk in doing anything but the reward would be worth it. (fighting to live) Cultures would clash and you would essentially have the same stuff that happened on earth but going on in space. ie technology being stolen, sold illegally, to a hostile alien race, people trying to sell out thier own soldiers and innocent civilians and put them in danger or leaving them behind, soldiers turning agianst thier leader, corruption at the high levels where the PC continue trying to recreate more powerful weapons and have lost sight of what wiped out thier ancenstors.

Yeah I think it covers everything: racism, betrayal, love, fighting for protection, greed for power, bioweapons experiments, religion, war, politics, exploration (more aliens in other dimensions coming into awareness of our dimension) idealism. If we all hated Kaifun for his anti military stance, we will have characters we equally hate for thier methods of going about conquering others using military might and cruelty in the name of justice for thier kind.

Maybe what they could do is have a theme similar to black hawk down where UN Spacy send a special group in to carry out a mission, but all kinds of things go wrong (this introduces us to the hidden PC and thier mecha) and this sparks first contact with surviving PC who are hostile to lesser developed races equiped with thier technology. This team would explore "giant ruins" but encounter organic mecha (sorta like the main mecha in eureka 7) and these ruins would be similar to ruins we saw in DYRL on earth. Linking the DYRL movie with zero, but giving us something completely new. (technology not familiar to humans and somewhat mysterious - machines that float of thier own will, machines that perform psycological attacks on the soldiers, AFOS style 'flowers' that react automatically if you arm yourself with a weapon - everything would have an organic-grown look to it as if creatures had been cloned and genetically modified into bioweapons)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

OT:

Gosh!

Why do all these threads evolve into a ¨propose your plot here¨ kinda thread?

I decided to start this topic because I was interested in hearing some of your opinions and ideas about what would you hypothetically expect out of a final Macross series if SK were to do one. And now what about your ideas?

I think he means we should post our thoughts on the overall characteristics we expect of a FINAL macross series .Not about the plot but rather about the PRODUCTION and DIRECTION of the series.

At least that´s what I think thread is meant for. Otherwise it´s just a repeat of past threads.

Back on track.

I think Macross eagerly needs a FULL SCALE TV SERIES (50-70 eps), first of all.

No more OVAs, no more movies. Those kind of productions don´t reach the consumer base sufficiently for a franchise to get recognizable as Macross should.

Secondly a more Mature and vertiginously unfolding plot ( much like Eureka 7). Something new and Fresh that relates to past series and deepens onto unrevleaded parts of the franchise.

Superb fast paced animation , see Full Metal Panic:2nd Raid , Aquarion , Eureka 7, Macross Zero.

SUBTLE TO NONE ECOLOGICAL REFERENCES!!!

LIKEABLE characters.

YOKO KANNO BGM !!! PLEASE.

So to sum it up, Mecha action, Drama and an awesome OST

Edited by Aegis!