As much as I've loved MS igloo so far I'm tired of the one year war. Its been done to DEATH yea sure I liked the Zaku and old Piece of crap MS but come on their is SO much more to explore then the ONE year war.

TIMELINE-1.jpg

like come on

wait, I thought 8th MST was after MSG? and is Turn A even UC at all?

(I'm probebly wrong since I've only seen maybe half of those, I'm just checking)

wait, I thought 8th MST was after MSG? and is Turn A even UC at all?

(I'm probebly wrong since I've only seen maybe half of those, I'm just checking)

08th MS Team happens DURING the first Gundam series (and earlier on than it should).

Turn A...well, my feeling about Turn A is that whatever Gundam universe you like most, Turn A's a sequel to it. Trying to go any deeper than that just causes pain, heartbreak, and seriously weird maxi-timelines.

As much as I've loved MS igloo so far I'm tired of the one year war. Its been done to DEATH yea sure I liked the Zaku and old Piece of crap MS but come on their is SO much more to explore then the ONE year war.

like come on

Agreed.

Personally I wish for more in the F91 era. But not that crap Crossbone Gundam thiing.

Turn-A is a bit of an odd case; it was Tominos attempt to tie all the then-current Gundam series together, so from Turn-As point of view, all Gundam series are Universal Century (or put another way, all Gundam eras are the same era). Yes, even the ones with the boy band Gundam pilots. :) I think the "official" view is that it is an alternate timeline, but on the other hand, its also possibly Tominos most personal take on Gundam.

So, er. Yes. And no. Maybe. :)

I'd tend to agree, but on the other hand if Yoshiyuki Tomino can't state what is "canon" in Gundam, who can? :lol: (though having said that, of course, his own Gundam novels don't follow the animated continuity either...!).

Tomino may have created gundam, but i think he's lost all the "power" over the franchise, its now bandai that decides whats canon and whats not. Hence we get so many alternate shows coming out that could have been called something else but they chose to put gundam in the title so they can milk the franchise.

Considering Gundam "borrowed" them in the first place, not sure what the problem would be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_cylinder

just freeks me out.

God Damn O'Neill Cylinders, I'm getting vertigo just looking at the pictures. the Thought of looking up and seeing ground as if you were looking up at a massive mirror just freeks me out. I like the stanford torus a lot better.

anyways, the only similarity between Gundam colonies and the Islands in Frontier are that they are cylindrical and have windows. the Frontier Islands work nothing like O'neill Cylinders or any other type of colonie used in any gundam show.

Watched the 2nd episode of Igloo 2 today. I'm really loving all the detail they are putting in to all the non mobile suit units. We got a lot of tank loving in this episode and the next seems to be more loving for the Guntank. Though it would be cool to see if they can make a gundam look and move real too, like they have done with the Zakus, but then again that might just ruin the Igloo experience since we're getting good stories without a mention of the "Gundam". Even the first series produced a entertaining show without Gundams, except for a short footage of it in the 3rd episode. Seems Igloo 2 is gonna end with Odessa, just like the 3rd episode of the first series. Perhaps they have plans to make three more to end it at Aboa Qu.

I dunno why but I cant seem to watch ne of the newer series out there... Gundam 00 just doesn't appeal to me... Seems like the same depressing story of a society without hope trying to stop wars and get along all over again...

I actually never saw gundam wing but ppl were always saying it was a good and fun series to watch... I think it appeals to me because the story line is neither too emotional or deep. Its just fun to watch all the adventure and espionage that goes on in the series without the melodrama which I think makes wing standout from the others.

I actually never saw gundam wing but ppl were always saying it was a good and fun series to watch... I think it appeals to me because the story line is neither too emotional or deep. Its just fun to watch all the adventure and espionage that goes on in the series without the melodrama which I think makes wing standout from the others.

I've never seen, Wing, Seed, G, X, 00...... all the alternate universe shows except for Turn A, but only because it was made by Tomino :lol:

I've never seen, Wing, Seed, G, X, 00...... all the alternate universe shows except for Turn A, but only because it was made by Tomino :lol:

That's how I am, too...although I haven't seen Turn-A yet (it's on my list, though, and I want to get to it soon).

Unfortunately, I once made a vow to myself that I would never watch G-Saviour. I ended up breaking that vow...and so not only am I an oath-breaker, but I broke that oath in order to watch a really sh*tty movie, which isn't a very good consolation prize.

If you close your eyes every time they show the insides of the cockpits, though, the battle on the colony's solar wing was pretty cool.

That's how I am, too...although I haven't seen Turn-A yet (it's on my list, though, and I want to get to it soon).

Unfortunately, I once made a vow to myself that I would never watch G-Saviour. I ended up breaking that vow...and so not only am I an oath-breaker, but I broke that oath in order to watch a really sh*tty movie, which isn't a very good consolation prize.

If you close your eyes every time they show the insides of the cockpits, though, the battle on the colony's solar wing was pretty cool.

I watched G Saviour too :( , after seeing that I thought it would be impossible to ever make mobile suits look more realistic using computer, but then we have Igloo which seem to have made a great job at it.

I also once considered watching some alternate shows, but there are just too many to keep track of, and once I see some of the character designs they don't really appeal to me. :lol: . Too many emo/pretty boys in them :lol:

You haven't seen SD Gundam? You sat through G-saviour and yet you deny yourself the pleasures of the "Boppin" song and the Gundam Wacky Races? FOR SHAME!!!

Considering its right up there with Blazing Transfer student as must see/impossible to find. Nope, haven't seen it yet :)

Not impossible to find at all...

http://getfansub.com/wiki/Kidou_Senshi_SD_Gundam

Plus, it's been on R2 DVD for almost a year and a half now.

The warning my virus scanner popped up with when loading tha tpage that said "trojan removed" makes me somewhat warry of downloading anything from there, but thanks. :) As for the R2, I've heard it was missing something, possably the whacky races parody.

• 2 weeks later...

Brace yourselves for disappointment, it looks like we might be getting yet another Gundam dealing around OYW.

Take with a grain of salt, pics could be used to promote something entirely different.

post-4055-1235414916_thumb.jpg

This is the RX-78-7

post-4055-1235414926_thumb.jpg

And some general info:

"Title: Unknown

Mechanic Design: Katoki Hajime

Character Design: Suzuki Tatsuya

Mobile Suit: Phantom Gundam Unit No.7

EARTH FEDERATION PHANTOM SWEEP TEAM

Hughes Curro: Male. Age 32. A veteran officer who leads the Phantom Sweep special forces unit charged with hunting for Zeon remnants. He has a bitter experience in which his unit was annihilated in the past.

Sherry Allison: Female. Age 24. She was serving as a test pilot but was assigned to the special forces unit as a replacement.

ZEON FORCES INVINCIBLE KNIGHTS

Erik Blanque (Blank): Male. Age 20. A young officer whose family is a distinguished family in the Principality of Zeon. He takes command of the “Invincible Knights” in order to execute a counterattack operation against the Earth Federation Forces.

Story: The time is Universal Century 0081. It’s been one year has passed since the war. Although the world was regaining order, small-scale battles continued in various places by the Zeon remnants who still continued to resist. During the situation, an veteran soldier of the Earth Federation Forces is appointed to a cleanup operation of the Zeon remnant forces. Feelings mix on the battlefield as the young Zeon officers promote the top-secret strategy for the revival of Zeon…"

Images and text courtesy of Hobby Fanatics forum and Ngee Khiong (comments).

Brace yourselves for disappointment, it looks like we might be getting yet another Gundam dealing around OYW.

Take with a grain of salt, pics could be used to promote something entirely different.

BTW, they haven't said if this is going to be a new animation, new manga, new photo novel, new novel, etc. This is just new <insert what kind of new here>.

Well, at least it doesn't take place during the OYW.

But ugh on another retcon of the RX-78 by Katoki.

I'm also glad they're not trying to cram this into the OYW either. Unless it's a silly universal century schoolgirl drama with only brief references to Gundam that takes place in some distant colony not touched by the war, then not interested XD.

I guess going back to the roots (UC) is fitting for a 30th anniversary gig, so no complaints from me there.

And why is that Acguy in the fetal position?

• azrael changed the title to Gundam Show Thread - MSG thru Witch from Mercury