Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Hey guys, I had a quick question. I'm in the home stretch of finishing my PG RX-78-2, and I'm looking at that sticker sheet. I know it's pretty commonly agreed that the standard Bandai stickers are not so good, but can I find custom decals for this kit anywhere?

I was in Japan last week and saw plenty of MG decals in the shops, but no PG, or 1/60. Searching the web hasn't revealed much, either. Anybody know where I can get my hands on a set?

Hey guys, I had a quick question. I'm in the home stretch of finishing my PG RX-78-2, and I'm looking at that sticker sheet. I know it's pretty commonly agreed that the standard Bandai stickers are not so good, but can I find custom decals for this kit anywhere?

I was in Japan last week and saw plenty of MG decals in the shops, but no PG, or 1/60. Searching the web hasn't revealed much, either. Anybody know where I can get my hands on a set?

There's some sellers on ebay based in HK that sell them for a great price and since it's only decals shipping cost is low. Just search Gundam decals. That's what I did anyhow.

There's some sellers on ebay based in HK that sell them for a great price and since it's only decals shipping cost is low. Just search Gundam decals. That's what I did anyhow.

I think it`s the same guy I bought my Minmay Guard decals from they are made by Crazy Modeler and of Hasegawa type standards.

I really hate to brag, but the last thing I got from Devin (Anasazi31) before he shut down was a PG Gundam sticker sheet made into a decal sheet... the only thing I can think of is if you contact that one guy in the 'Shutting Down the Decal Business' thread and see if he'll do the same thing for you... scan the sticker sheet and make a decal sheet to print for you... you could even ask Devin if he'd be willing to release the digital master of the sheet ready for decal printing (which I know for a fact he still has) and then the other guy could jsut print it for you...

Not sure how much this helps, but it's worth a shot.

Why the Hi-Nu? I like it and all, but I still want to see more gundams get the MG treatment, such as the D Hell, H arms custom, Epyon, Leopard Destroy, Airmaster, X divider, V2 Gundam, Turn-A, and a Guntank along with most of the mecha in F91.

While the Hi-Nu news is great, that lineart is horrible, really. The whole thing is just wrong, namely the backpack and numerous other things which I can't quite put my finger on. Hopefully it comes to a closer semblance to its original design further down the track.

While the Hi-Nu news is great, that lineart is horrible, really. The whole thing is just wrong, namely the backpack and numerous other things which I can't quite put my finger on. Hopefully it comes to a closer semblance to its original design further down the track.

That's because Yutaka Izubuchi did the lineart, not Hajime Katoki. Hi Nu will be based on Izubuchi's drawings.

The RX-78[G] body is pretty crappy, so I woulnd't expect the Sniper to pose to well... that's the frame that the wrist sockets are too shallow on so the hands always pop out. They look good (I've got 2 Ground Model Gundams) but they dont pose well at all...

Edited by promethuem5

So azrael, what are your MG predictions for next year? ^_^

Haven't given it any thought at the moment (and no one has posted the power rankings since the July rankings) But I see a trend toward getting some of the manga MSs out. If Hi-Nu is coming, you can bet Nightingale is in the works. Might be done by Izubuchi instead of Katoki, like Hi-Nu, though. F90 could come as well, but I would see that as a fix to all of F91's problems with polycap-less joints.

I've heard of a 1/100 Akatsuki (NG or MG) rumor, but that's about it. I'll have to think about it more though.

Edit: Oops, forgot to read a thread over at Gundam Evolution. We will hit 100 MGs in 2007. Guess there will be lots of speculation about that one...

MG DENDROBIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I can dream...

if a 1/144 HG kit of it is over 3 feet long and costs 250-300 USD, I would hate the pricing for a 1/100 scale MG kit...but i could imagine the beautiful internal details...it'd be beautiful and deadly (to your wallet at least) and where would you put it?! man i could just imagine how heavy the box would be...the HG kit weighed something like 10-15 lbs right? dang...that's just way too much haha...

Yes yes yes...they'd be shipping each Dendrobium in it's own freight container.....

Does the 1/100 Turn-A qualify as an MG? I don't know too much about it, but I do recall some reviews that point out all the mechanical gimmickry.

Nope. It's a NG (No-Grade).

Yes yes yes...they'd be shipping each Dendrobium in it's own freight container.....

Nope. It's a NG (No-Grade).

I've got a question about the "No grades". I've built PG's, MG's, Big Scales, Real Details, HG's, and 1/144's. How are these "No Grades"? I just assumed the lines like the Turn A, F90, and F91 Shilouette were just like the 1/100 High Grades. Don't get me wrong, I like High Grade kits and have several, but I'm a little wary of these No grades. Anyone built one and have any advice or input?

I've got a question about the "No grades". I've built PG's, MG's, Big Scales, Real Details, HG's, and 1/144's. How are these "No Grades"? I just assumed the lines like the Turn A, F90, and F91 Shilouette were just like the 1/100 High Grades. Don't get me wrong, I like High Grade kits and have several, but I'm a little wary of these No grades. Anyone built one and have any advice or input?

The no grade Turn A I did was pretty nice (Had clear plastic beam sabers, good posability, and a pilot figure of sorts.) I know mahq has given pretty good reviews on the f91 NG. But I would still really like an MG Turn A someday as it is one of my favorite gundam designs.

The NGs are equivalent of HGs. But they have no "grade" scale on them. The 1/100 Seed NGs are a good example. Most of them turned out very disproportional...but then they got BEE-Craft to do the model designs and they look much better. I made the 1/100 NG Turn A and it turned out fine...minus all the panel lining.