Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

quite a good built for this one bro on impulse gundam, anyways i have gotten a question, anyone has a decent pic of the strik3 fr33dom sp options who can share with us? cause i am dying to find out .. :)

i am getting 2 strike freedom from hlj and 1 from sg seller so i guess.. it is good to find out more first .. before i rush in the sp options if i ever get one :)

Speaking of Dendrobiums... I first saw this pic over 12 years ago, in the September 1994 issue of Hobby Japan. (sorry for the poor quality of the scan, I couldn't do anything to improve it)

[attachmentid=37798]

The photo was taken at JAFCON3!

It's in 1/220 scale. Didn't know they made it in that size! There's a sidebar that simple states "A denrobium with a pretty color scheme".

I've got a 1/550 sitting on my shelves that needs a paint scheme, this is going to be it!

The magazine has a bunch of other interesting photos from JAFCON3 -- maybe if some of you are interested, I'll scan a few more. There's are also a few very interesting photo series on customized G-Gundam units, built up using to look like some of the lesser seen mecha in that series; My favorite are the great mecha done up like German & British WWII soldiers, weather like tank armor!

post-2765-1162793873_thumb.jpg

Did u guys know about the Dendrobium and Neul Ziel pack which is in the same line (forgot the name) as the Alpha Azieru that was recently released? I saw a picture somewhere. Shall post when i find it.

Did u guys know about the Dendrobium and Neul Ziel pack which is in the same line (forgot the name) as the Alpha Azieru that was recently released? I saw a picture somewhere. Shall post when i find it.

Gundam Base has some images. ( http://www.gundambase.com/community/news_v...mp;news_idx=412 )

that is freakin' awesome...those kits look more beautiful than i could ever imagine...any sites with the sprues? those decals on both units look beautiful too.

that is freakin' awesome...those kits look more beautiful than i could ever imagine...any sites with the sprues? those decals on both units look beautiful too.

They are both toys, not models. I don't like the weird, slanted marking on the Dendrobium(no functional military vehicle would have such stupid, over-stylized markings like that), and all the odd looking panel lines on the Neul Ziel. It reminds me of those ugly, non-canon markings they put on the HCM-Pros figures. Why can't they just have the design as it appears on screen, and not add all that distracting extra stuff on there that looks like it was put on by Rob Liefeld???

Glad I bought the HG Mechanics versions of the Dendrobium and Neul Ziel instead, not that much smaller than these and I saved about $100.

Speaking of Dendrobiums...

The magazine has a bunch of other interesting photos from JAFCON3 -- maybe if some of you are interested, I'll scan a few more. There's are also a few very interesting photo series on customized G-Gundam units, built up using to look like some of the lesser seen mecha in that series; My favorite are the great mecha done up like German & British WWII soldiers, weather like tank armor!

I'd love to see more pics of those resin ZetaPlus and S-attacker kits, if they show better pics of them in the magazine! I have been looking for resin 1/220 ZetaPlus, S-Gundam and Gundam MK-V kits for a long time.

They are both toys, not models. I don't like the weird, slanted marking on the Dendrobium(no functional military vehicle would have such stupid, over-stylized markings like that), and all the odd looking panel lines on the Neul Ziel. It reminds me of those ugly, non-canon markings they put on the HCM-Pros figures. Why can't they just have the design as it appears on screen, and not add all that distracting extra stuff on there that looks like it was put on by Rob Liefeld???

Denobrium: Not a military machine. It came from the factory and was a military demonstrator, that MIGHT be entered into production, so all the art was really AE advertising.

Hey I need some advice on something. I've been going through and getting all the HG 1/100 Endless Waltz kits, since I know I'll never get MG treatments except for the overrated wing zero. Here's my question though: I want to paint the details on my heavyarms custom, mainly the greenish trim on his shoulder's and chest. Can anyone recommend a color and paint that's close to that? I really don't want to use the decals...

here's 2 old kits that i built only recently.

1st is 1/60 HY2M Gouf:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

2nd is the the 1/60 HY2M Char Rick DOM with extra finishing. The kit came as what u see. I did not paint it. I don't intend to paste stickers on it as well, coz the stickers need to be trimmed very very well to look good on this kind of finishing. And the bazooka that came with this kit, I put it on my Gouf above.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

WOW! Love the lighting! Is that something you rigged up yourself?

Those are part of the kits in the 1/60 Glorious series.

Oh..and nice kits, btw. The Char's Dom looks great right out-of-the-box. :D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

gaps and non-flush seam surfaces, I don't think so. it fits pretty well. but then again, i'm not particular about this sort of thing. but I did not putty and sand any of the parts. so hope u can see from the pictures how well it fits.

also, most (not all) of the spruce holdings the parts are made in such a way that it is behind/inside the parts. so even for the unpainted DOM, u cannnot see many spruce/cut marks.

Im the first to admit when it come to Gundam I dont have much idea about who`s who. I have managed to keep clear of Gundam as I know it will be another thing to collect if I get too into it.

A while ago in Japan I got some Gundam Gashapon toys. AFAIK they are variants of the 78 or 178. They have all been painted up properly as some of the colours and all pannelines etc were missing. I was thinking about getting a mastergrade kit of one of the figures I have as I really like it.

The problem is I havent a clue as to what its designation is. I think its a 178 Freedom but like I say I dont have a really good idea.

Can you guys who know help me out, point me at the kit that I need or the nearest version in a 1/100 scale.

[attachmentid=38170]

This is the start on the slippery slope that is Gundam collecting.

post-3178-1163612324_thumb.jpg

That suit looks to be one of the RX-121 Gundam TR-1 [Hazel] variants from Advance of Zeta: The Flag of Titans:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/index.htm

There are some 1/144 HGUC Hazel kits, but I'm not familiar with any 1/100 kits unless there are some resin kits out there.

Hey Big F, I have that kit and it's a 1/144 HGUC kit. It's a little on the small side but the details are awesome. Easy to build and it comes with the cool Shield Boosters you see on the back.

There several of the AoZ kits that are coming out. You should check them out.

Here's my two Hazels. The blue on on the right is the Advanced Hazel.

[attachmentid=38172]

post-2493-1163613658_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. I totally got it wrong on the model number. Atleast acording to the tech data at the web link above it says they fitted it with a head from a 78. I got that bit right :D

How tall are 1/144 scales ? When built Macross 1/44 scale is tiny less than 7 cm tall mostly. I was hoping for somthing arround the size of a 1/72 hasegawa

I will have to look out for the new kits..... I feel a wallet purge comming on.

Edited by big F

Thanks for the help guys. I totally got it wrong on the model number. Atleast acording to the tech data at the web link above it says they fitted it with a head from a 78. I got that bit right :D

How tall are 1/144 scales ? When built Macross 1/44 scale is tiny less than 7 cm tall mostly. I was hoping for somthing arround the size of a 1/72 hasegawa

I will have to look out for the new kits..... I feel a wallet purge comming on.

1/144 : About 5 inches, give or take (HGUC)

1/100 : 7-8 inches, the most popular scale. (HG, MG,)

1/60 : 12 inches. (Big scale, Real Detail, PG)

1/144 : About 5 inches, give or take (HGUC)

1/100 : 7-8 inches, the most popular scale. (HG, MG,)

1/60 : 12 inches. (Big scale, Real Detail, PG)

Thanks so 1/100 is about the size of a 1/72 hasegawa ish.

Im gonna keep checking this thread as I like what I see.

Please could posters put the name of the kit and the size if posible so the less knowledgeable (me) know what it`s all about.

Thanks

big F, you don't want to start on Gundam .. it will never never end. i mean never.

i got into gundam to while away the time between binaltechs/alts and yamatos ... now i spend more on gundam than anything.

anyway, here's my recently completed 1/100 MG Gouf OYW version - wanted a clean finish, was sick of making mistakes and calling it "battle damage". primary color intermediate blue, highlight colour a mix of engine gray and black, internals copper and smoke.

post-2777-1163809929_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1163809955_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1163810089_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao

Thanks for the pictures guys.

The Gouf has always had me thinking of what the love child of a Samurai and a medievil English suit of armor would look like. I suppose that is because its supposed to.