Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Release dates:

MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 (Ver. Ka) - September, 3,675 yen

HGUC Gundam Hazel II - September, 1,680 yen

HG GINN Type Insurgent - September, 1,260 yen

Gunota has also posted links to GundamBase for the HGUC Powered GM, HG 1/144 105 Slaughter Dagger, MG Ball with Shark mouth.

Edited by azrael

O.K. You'll have to pardon my ignorance here ( I know nothing about Gundam, or Gundam models, well except that those blasted PG,MG,HG kits are all over Seoul - I mean evrywhere I look ther are stacks and stacks of them!) Anyway, back to my post.

What is the difference in these two PG Kits? PG SKYGRASPER + AILE STRIKER and the [PG] STRIKE ROUGE GUNDAM & SKYGRASPER from what I can gather their pretty much the same, except the first one is a hell of of lot cheaper. What gives?

The reason I ask is that my nnephews have been bugging me to send them some model kits and I know that they mean Gundam model kits. Needless to say If I sent them each a PG they'd explode with joy and probably stop bugging me for a while.

So any help on what the difference between these two is?

the first one you mentioned are two separate kits, the Strike while the Strike Rouge is a bundled kit. I could be wrong with the Strike tho', as there might be a bundled verision coming up, I don't know.

Anyway, they are exactly the same architectrually, only molded in different colours.

Thanks for your help guys, but I'm still a little confused:

Ok in most of the images I've seen the PG Skygrasper + Aile Striker kit shows the jet thingy (sorry) with those red fins on the back and then a Gundam with the same red things on the back, and there is a Gundam called the Aile Striker isn't there? But this kit is basically just the skygrasper (jet thingy). Then why does the box say + Aile Striker on it? I am guessing that the Skygrasper is the jet-like vehicle, so I guess I'm wondering wht the Aile Striker is, if it's not the Gundam that I always see pictured with the Skygrasper? It even looks like they share parts.

Someone please straighten me out.

OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!! :D:D

O.K. I got it now. Thank you so much for putting up with my persistenly stupid questions. So the Skygrasper is a vehicle onto which the Aile Striker-strike pack can be attached - ostensibly to transport the strike pack to the Strike Gundam somewhere in the field. Does that sound about right?

So then PG Skygrasper+Aile Striker kit + the PG Strike Gundam kit would be the non Feminized equivalent of the PG STRIKE ROUGE GUNDAM & SKYGRASPER. Whew! Talk about confusing! But thanks to guys I think I've got it straight :D I hope :blink:

Edited by Chas

Lol, you sure do. The Skygrasper is indeed meant to transport the Striker Packs to the Strike Gundam during combat. Though, the Skygrasper can utilize the Striker Pack while it is attached. Hence, if a Skygrasper is equipped with an Aile Striker, it'll have more agility and move a lot faster.

Good now that that's settled I'm off to go Gundam shopping! :D:lol:B)):ph34r:

awesome looking i will definetly be getting this one.

chris

I just built up my Gold Frame Amatsu. This kit is DA BOMB. It comes in primarily gold plated and black glossed parts. Without any paints, i was very impressed with how mine looked in the end. I even used the red shiny stickers it came with (laziness on my part) and i can't complain bout it. It rocks. Sure it doesn't have the poseability of the Red Frame due to its oversized shield and giant appendages, but this kit is definately a looker.

No pictures of my own yet. A mostly unpainted kit. He only painted the red details instead of using the stickers.

http://taste.style.coocan.jp/hobby060707.htm

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nb20060804a3.html

Bandai Co. said Thursday it will market a large plastic model of the Gundam robot, the main character from the popular cartoon series "Mobile Suit Gundam," on Dec. 16.

"We want anime (animation) fans in their 20s to 40s to enjoy our sophisticated plastic model," said an official of the toy company, adding that Bandai aims to sell 1,000 units in fiscal 2006 on the Internet and at toy shops.

Japan's biggest toy maker said the model, 1.5 meters tall and weighing 35 kg, will come with a price tag of 350,000 yen.

The model can move 14 body parts, including its arms, legs and finger joints, and can produce multiple sound effects, including the sound of rocket launchers.

The giant Gundam's owner can even make it blink its eyes via remote control.

It'll take about four hours, however, to assemble the 260 or so parts.

A model shows off a giant Gundam, which will hit the market Dec. 16. PHOTO COURTESY OF BANDAI CO./KYODO

Edited by sketchley

I have the 1/60 F91...why would I want to downgrade to a MG kit. I just can't get over the size. There's a big difference between 8 and 12 inches...I don't know. Something just won't let me like the 1/100 scale...I want to know why Bandai won't do more in the 1/60 scale like:

1. A D-Hell 1/60 (God I want this so bad I'd sell a kidney for it)

2. An Astray Red frame

3. An Epyon

4. A FAZZ

5. A GP-02

...I want to know why Bandai won't do more in the 1/60 scale like:...

422449[/snapback]

Because Bandai can make far more money selling less expensive, yet very detailed, models to a lot of people than selling very expensive, extremely detailed, models to just a few die-hard modelers. ;)

Good point, there's almost no point in making a 1/60 scale when you can finally take the benefits of those 1/60 scales and now place them into the 1/100 Master Grades like we've been seeing in several kits in the last 2 years.

I have the 1/60 F91...why would I want to downgrade to a MG kit. I just can't get over the size. There's a big difference between 8 and 12 inches...I don't know. Something just won't let me like the 1/100 scale...I want to know why Bandai won't do more in the 1/60 scale like:

422449[/snapback]

Also because the Japanese market doesn't really like large models. Space is at a premium in many Japanese houses and large PG models don't really cut it.

I don't know, I've been tempted to get into MG for a number of reasons, more variety, cheaper etc. I've just heard so many negative things about them though. Parts falling off or flopping around, parts not lining up right, that they're a batty to panel line, and the ones that I hear the most complaints about are also my favorite Gundams...like the Zero custom, Strike Gundam, Fazz, and the MK II. And 1/60's just look so good on display. However I need to know 2 things:

1. Does anyone know a website where I can get after market 1/60 decals? I see some for MG but no PG/Big scale decals.

2. Has anyone found a match for the Titans color scheme? If so, what color and who makes it?