Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

From what I've heard, the full burst version has gold chromed pieces whereas the regular kit isn't chromed.

And hot damn I want that so bad now...

Don't worry, they will be re-releasing a normal release of the Full-Burst parts version (no stand or extra stuff included).

Yeah.....when i have 1300 bucks as disposable cash, i'm sure to get an unpainted resin kit. :rolleyes:

That kit is psycho. I for one am glad that I am not that into Gundam, and secondly not that competant a modeller.

That kit is psycho. I for one am glad that I am not that into Gundam, and secondly not that competant a modeller.

Yeah, but the G-system stuff is so damn nice...and on top of that it's 1/35! That is freaking huge! 1/35 would be like what, 18 to 20 inches roughly? Good god! If I had the 1300 to blow on that I would. As it stands now being married with a kid and another coming in 3 months, I have to beg for a Master Grade, and flat out start showing tears for a Perfect Grade (How I got my Mk.II).

Yeah, but the G-system stuff is so damn nice...and on top of that it's 1/35! That is freaking huge! 1/35 would be like what, 18 to 20 inches roughly? Good god! If I had the 1300 to blow on that I would. As it stands now being married with a kid and another coming in 3 months, I have to beg for a Master Grade, and flat out start showing tears for a Perfect Grade (How I got my Mk.II).

it says 115cm, over 3 ft

I've built MG and PG, but I don't know if I could take on a 3 foot resin kit.I don't even really paint my kits now except for the thrusters, weapons, panel lining/details, and a touch of weathering. However, I am seriously considering one. Just don't know if it's worth selling the motorcycle to do so.

I have ordered:

Master Grade Gundam Wing Zero Custom

Master Grade FAZZ (Sentinel)

Master Gride Strike Gundam with IWSP

Master Grade Strike Freedom Gundam (No review yet)

I'm so happy :D

Welcome to the fold! The Wing Zero MG is nice. However, I think the Strike with IWSP is you're best choice. The Sentinel is great too, has a few problems posing with the big gun, but still worth it. And when you're done with those, you should check out the Mk.II 2.0 !

Wing Zero custome, personally I thin kit's just the same as Version Kai but with the Angel Wings....not much you can do to improve that.

Fazz is one of those beefy gundams I've always wanted but too expensive for my taste as a MG......now the IWSP, it's just like the other two Strikes just a better equipment pack in my opinion lol.

Oh I just forgot, I got a HG 1/100 Inifite Justice dirt cheap at a gradge sale, hasn't been put together....I really feel for Athrun, poor guy with Pink Gundams......I'll diffenetly be fixing it to look less queerish then it does...I'll more it look more red, but the maroon.....hmmm that'll be tough to come up with a decent color.

Edited by Hikuro

The W0 ver. Ka and WZC are drastically different...

promethuem5, I've always wonder about that but couldn't tell from the pix I've seen. Remember those $20 W0C kits from Amazon, bought a few of them back then and thinking about getting conversion kit for one of them., you know anything about them?

I really don't know about any conversion kits, but if you have pics, I'd be interested to see... are the kits you bought MG or the older 1/144 HG or NG ones? I had Deathscythe and Wing Gundam in the old 1/144 line, and loved them until they broke...

The W0 ver. Ka and WZC are drastically different...

Personally I don't see much of a difference between the two besides armor differences, but I would think the skeletal build up of the frame would be exactly the same.

I really don't know about any conversion kits, but if you have pics, I'd be interested to see... are the kits you bought MG or the older 1/144 HG or NG ones? I had Deathscythe and Wing Gundam in the old 1/144 line, and loved them until they broke...

Are you saying you didn't know about the $20 pg w0c sales on amazon?

i think hobbyfan carries a conversion kit(not in stock now), and i think its over $100. thanks anyway.

there are a few things on the pg w0c that bother me. first of all, part of the internals are made with softer plastic, imo they are harder to clean up and the gaps don't line up as well as I would hope for any pg kit. secondly, the backpack seems a little weak to me for holding up those four wings. and then in order to take of the the forearm armor, one will have to take apart the whole section.

What I really like is the metal core section. but these is just how I feel about this kit.

at $20, I shouldn't complain. too bad I don't think it should be played too much after it done and painted.

Just did a lil clean up on the I-Justice, I really made a bad choice I think going with an Italian Red to cover up the pink......but it's only the first coat and I wont be putting in the next till the morning and then touching up after that...but it really looks too damn glossy.

My choices were Metalic Red, Italian Red, Dull Red, Mica Red, Maroon, RedBrown, Bright Red.

I should of gone with the Dull Red....it looked great when it was on my Sazabi.

Just did a lil clean up on the I-Justice, I really made a bad choice I think going with an Italian Red to cover up the pink......but it's only the first coat and I wont be putting in the next till the morning and then touching up after that...but it really looks too damn glossy.

My choices were Metalic Red, Italian Red, Dull Red, Mica Red, Maroon, RedBrown, Bright Red.

I should of gone with the Dull Red....it looked great when it was on my Sazabi.

Mica red probably would have been best.

Well after inhailing alot of paint and 2 coats of red, it's not turning out too bad, I can consider this a "pass" so far....I still got another tree to go and I still can't even assemble the model probably another week since I need more paint for the rest of the model.

The white though looks good.

I think I'll pick up Maroon for the flight pack.

I knew about the amazon sales... got the PG RX-78-2 for like 50 bucks... heard some not so great things about the durability of the WZC, so I didn't get it...

The durability isn't all bad. As with all "winged" gundams like the Zero, Freedom, etc. It's not as balanced as say...the Mk.II for example. Personally, I have one, but I also have the Endless Waltz version and personally had I known the MG Zero then, I would have gotten something else because I think the HG is a very good representation of the Zero at 1/2 the price. Some paint, some detailing and they're almost the same.

errr, people.. $19.99 for a Offical Bandai Perfect Grade that sells for over $100 pretty much everywhere else is a no brainer. Logics tell you to buy it no matter what. :lol:

PG Gundam Wing zero custom $19.99 Sold out pretty quick , then after awhile amazon restocked it,, happen for on and off for about half a year.

Then comes the PG Zaku II (red) $29.99 took awhile for the news to get out and then took some more time for the item to sell out becuase it's a Zaku, it's pretty much all about Gundam Wing in the USA for some strange reason. :blink: Then amazon restock it, and then they jack up the price to $39.99 which is still a good price.

Finally comes the PG RX-78-2 for $74.99, it last for a pretty long time at this price and then it jumped back up.

I didn't hear anything about the PG Rx-78-2 dropping to $49.99, so I guess i missed out.

There master grade sales was crazy too, if only there was a Macross sale on amazon.com.

errr, people.. $19.99 for a Offical Bandai Perfect Grade that sells for over $100 pretty much everywhere else is a no brainer. Logics tell you to buy it no matter what. :lol:

PG Gundam Wing zero custom $19.99 Sold out pretty quick , then after awhile amazon restocked it,, happen for on and off for about half a year.

Then comes the PG Zaku II (red) $29.99 took awhile for the news to get out and then took some more time for the item to sell out becuase it's a Zaku, it's pretty much all about Gundam Wing in the USA for some strange reason. :blink: Then amazon restock it, and then they jack up the price to $39.99 which is still a good price.

Finally comes the PG RX-78-2 for $74.99, it last for a pretty long time at this price and then it jumped back up.

I didn't hear anything about the PG Rx-78-2 dropping to $49.99, so I guess i missed out.

There master grade sales was crazy too, if only there was a Macross sale on amazon.com.

I bought a few of the w0c kits and gave one to my boss's kids ;) around the third time they restocked them, I was going to ebay some of them but so did everybody else. I guess I'll build a couple of them and hang on to the rest for a while.

I also got a couple of the green zaku pg, I think they were $30. Too bad I missed the red zaku sales. However, I didn't realy want the rx-78 pg even when it was $50, I just feel it's a little fat.

Oh and I think I've got at least a dozen each of those $5 mg gm's and zaku's(red and green), 6 or so NT's and Kampfer's, and pretty much every kits that were on sales then ofter other than the gp01. It was sweet, all those for less than four mg, I wish somebody would do this again.

For those of you (like me) who ordered the Full Burst S-Freedom.... prepare for a large package...

IPB Image

In case no one has mentioned it, it comes with both plated and non-plated gold frames, the regular stand AND the Action Base which will be available soon.

This is an image from our fellow builders on 2ch.