Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

His last non-Ver. Ka MG was the Gyan which was just last year. So he's still there.

Please re-read what I said. :rolleyes: Every "new" MG release since has been Beecraft (with the obvious exception of the Crossbone ver.ka), and even more aparant with Izubuchi stepping in for the HiNu.

Katoki is no longer on the MG design team. There's also a post of gunota to support it.

cool...now i have something to look forward to!

i'll probably get the hi-nu when it comes out, looks like such a beautiful kit...and i'll definately get blue destiny unit 2...i'm really hoping for some gundam x models soon too...

by the way, a female friend of mine loves robots and she wanted me to choose a gundam kit for her to build on her own...any suggestions? i just remember her telling me "i just wanna pink gundam" so that might narrow it down some!!

My sister said pretty much the same thing to me a few years back so I got her a 1/100 Justice, she loved and she digged the whole Hobgoblin glider thing it has going on to boot.

I haven't built a Gundam model in an age and only two MG's at that (GP03 and Ex-S) but Bandai's latest round of kits, X- bone full Cloth, Hi Nu and Strike Noire has piqued my interest again.

I heard that they don't use screws or even polycaps any more? :blink:

Edited by Fort Max

cool...now i have something to look forward to!

i'll probably get the hi-nu when it comes out, looks like such a beautiful kit...and i'll definately get blue destiny unit 2...i'm really hoping for some gundam x models soon too...

by the way, a female friend of mine loves robots and she wanted me to choose a gundam kit for her to build on her own...any suggestions? i just remember her telling me "i just wanna pink gundam" so that might narrow it down some!!

what about mg wing zero custom or mg wing zero ver kia? 1/100 saviour is pretty good too, other than the hg hands.

My sister said pretty much the same thing to me a few years back so I got her a 1/100 Justice, she loved and she digged the whole Hobgoblin glider thing it has going on to boot.

I haven't built a Gundam model in an age and only two MG's at that (GP03 and Ex-S) but Bandai's latest round of kits, X- bone full Cloth, Hi Nu and Strike Noire has piqued my interest again.

I heard that they don't use screws or even polycaps any more? :blink:

Well, depends on the kit... very few still use screws. I think the Strike was the last one to my knowledge. There are only 4 polycapless MGs... the two F-91s and the two Crossbones.

Was there ever a rx-78 ver.2?

The RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) is considered a ver. 2.0 by many.

What are they using at the joints in stead of polycaps?

The ABS construction has apparently taken their place. You can see the details in the manual scans over at Dalong.net.

This system looks to be sturdier than the PCs that tend to loosen up......can anyone confirm this?

The RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) is considered a ver. 2.0 by many.

The ABS construction has apparently taken their place. You can see the details in the manual scans over at Dalong.net.

This system looks to be sturdier than the PCs that tend to loosen up......can anyone confirm this?

it's about the same sturdiness you find in recent MGs with polycaps.

i definetly want to get the Hi-nu, i wish it looked more like the Coeworks version but it will definetly do for now. damn there is alot of nice kits coming out this year.

chris

Whoa, Hi Nu is disturbingly small for the price, :unsure:

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m99/m99_119.jpg

From Dalong, which has the usual shed load of pictures here,

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m99/m99_i.htm

So whose getting this?

I was thinking of making this my return to the Gundam kit hobby but a brief look around for the Strike Gundam full burst pack has seen me turn my attentions to just trying to get a hold of one. :o

This month's solicits:

MG Zeta Gundam Unit #3 - April, 5,250 yen (From Evolve ep. 9, This would be #98)

IPB Image

So....are they stalling until 100, or are we being nudged in a certain direction? (There is a 0087 Green Divers commemoration screening event coming at the end March at Tokorozawa Aviation Museum). This is a recoloring of MG Zeta ver. 2.

Guest Bromgrev

Well, it was bound to happen. After months of procrastination, I finally caved into the inevitability of 1/35 U.C. Hardgraph. I'm deeply impressed with the quality of detail and all the fiddly bits that come in the kits. Plus, they'll make a most excellent diorama in combination with my two Gasaraki kits. Three Gasaraki kits, I should say, as one is on the way by special courier from Tokyo at this moment. B))

Anyway, enough talk. Here is the hover bike, box art and contents:

[attachmentid=40695][attachmentid=40696]

[attachmentid=40697][attachmentid=40698]

[attachmentid=40699][attachmentid=40700]

post-2852-1172384615_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172384633_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172384643_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172385164_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172385186_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172385205_thumb.jpg

Guest Bromgrev

The APC. There is far too much sprue in this kit to photograph each piece. Suffice to say the box is stuffed. Stuffed, I say. :D

[attachmentid=40705][attachmentid=40707][attachmentid=40706][attachmentid=40708]

post-2852-1172385961_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172385979_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172385991_thumb.jpg

post-2852-1172386007_thumb.jpg

Guest Bromgrev

I admit it, I have a problem. I never buy kits when I'm out by myself. When I'm with my wife, I invariably come home with a box or two. :huh:

Last week, we passed by some model shops on three seperate occasions. :D

IPB Image

From Gunota Headlines:

* Upcoming merchandise pics

From The Gundam Base.Side 1:

MG Strike Noir

HGUC Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon

HGUC Blue Destiny Unit 2

HCM-Pro Gundam Ground-Type

HCM-Pro Gelgoog (Kuspen version) + HCM-Pro Gelgoog (MS IGLOO version)

HCM-Pro Freedom Gundam

EX Model Hildolfr

1/100 SEED Destiny kits (clear versions)

1/100 Akatsuki Full Set

Edited by godfather