Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

From Guntoa :

From Hobby Shop Midori:

MG Zeta Gundam (White Unicorn color ver.) - March, limited production

HGUC Acguy - April, 1,470 yen

Also up is info for MG Countdown 100: August of this year will see the sale of the 100th Master Grade item since the MG line first appeared with the RX-78 Gundam in July 1995. When you buy a MG from a participating shop, you get a 36-page, full color book which contains a development history & main selling points of the MG MS-06J Ver. 2.0, a How To portion for simple finishing (beginner/minor pro), and an introduction to the 99 MG items paving the way for the MG Countdown 100. The book is Bandai's first step in commemorating the 100th Master Grade.

So the Zaku ver2 isn't MG 100 tho... they're gonna keep it under wraps until release...

Nope. the Zaku II ver. 2 is #97. Zeta 3 is #98. The likely suspects are RX-78-2 ver. 2, or some Amuro or Char (Zaku II ver. 2 or Nightingale) mech. Other possibilities are Turn A, V/V2, or Destiny.

One thing of note is the fact that the Zeta 3 in April is 98 and 100 is coming in August.......that means only one MG inside the 4 months.

Maybe it'll be a 2-piece set for such a lengthy release gap.

Only definite thing is that there will be plenty of time to speculate........

Nope. the Zaku II ver. 2 is #97. Zeta 3 is #98. The likely suspects are RX-78-2 ver. 2, or some Amuro or Char (Zaku II ver. 2 or Nightingale) mech. Other possibilities are Turn A, V/V2, or Destiny.

#99 - Char's ZakuII ver.2

#100 - Rx78-2 ver 2 :p

Guest Bromgrev

Wait... does the Hard Graph briefing set come with the Hover APC vehicle as well???

It certainly does. And a very nice APC it is, too. :D

That's probably low on the list.

Agreed...

Though I did just get the Hi Nu... sexy little model, but still has some flaws. The joints are a bit loose without some help and the shield has an odd way of connecting, eliminating the ability to latch it to the side of the arm like the Strike Gundams, Zeta Gundam Ver 2, or even having the multi-connector from the Gundam MK II ver 2 and Nemo. you can't even rotate it out of the way of a held weapon.

Now, that aside, construction of the torso reminded me HEAVILY of the Strike Freedom as it features the same pivoting torso mechanic. The legs are probably the most complicated assembly I've seen in an MG, but they look great. The hand plugs work beatifully on this and all weapons fit in both hands perfectly and securely including all three beam sabers.

I have to say, this guy has the best sabers ever. The two primaries are like the regular Nu's with the lower beam coming out of the hilt, but unlike the Nu, the Hi Nu's lower beam is about half the length of the main beam blade.it's really quite a nice look.

As with the SP Strike Freedom, this comes with remote weapon posing parts and fold away attachement points on the Amuro logo stand. My question to you guys is this:

How do you alter the position of the clear sticks? They don't bend, but I know you can make hard angles and such.

It started with a Rx 78 and for sure they will make a "suppa cool" RX 78 for the 100 issue... ANOTHER RX 78... and the funny thing is the design sucks and it doesnt matter how hard they try IT will suck anyways.

Edited by Sebastian

ZO, I assume you are supposed to heat up the clear acrylic rods with a hair dryer to bend them... just heat up the spot you are going to bend, and either force it to shape or drape it over soemthing with the right angle you want and let it cool in that position.

It started with a Rx 78 and for sure they will make a "suppa cool" RX 78 for the 100 issue... ANOTHER RX 78... and the funny thing is the design sucks and it doesnt matter how hard they try I will suck anyways.

How about Katoki's Musha from the new Gundam Musou game:

IPB ImageIPB Image

B))

They modelled the Strike in Gundam Evolve 8 after the PG Strike so I guess this time it’s the opposite. Evolve 15 has a new RX-78 design never before seen in a model kit so my vote for Mg #100 goes to that design (the Samurai RX-78 would be more fun to build and display though).

What does yer crystal ball say about #100 maybe being Gundam X or Double-X?

What does yer crystal ball say about #100 maybe being Gundam X or Double-X?

I definitely see them being made into MGs, especially X, but #100...not sure. Bandai could throw a curve ball.

Damn, you know exactly how Bandai thinks.

ZZ Ver 2 anyone? I still bet on another RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku ver2, seems to me the Char's Zaku will com right after the regular Zuka ver 2. It's nice, but I want something different.

I definitely see them being made into MGs, especially X, but #100...not sure. Bandai could throw a curve ball.

Really? I know the X designs are cool but I did't think they were really that popular. I was surprised just to see the new X fix figure.

I would go nuts for an MG Double X tho...

ZZ Ver 2 anyone? I still bet on another RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku ver2, seems to me the Char's Zaku will com right after the regular Zuka ver 2. It's nice, but I want something different.

Not any time soon. Usually they try to tie in their merchandise releases with home video releases (see - MG Patlabor, MG Dunbine, MG Zeta ver 2 came out on the heels of the Zeta movies, ZZ came out when ZZ was out on DVD, etc.), and the latest would be the MSG TV boxes on DVD... making RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku ver 2 perfect candidates.

I just ordered the MG F91, while i was browsing there was also a blue F91 piloted by Harrison Madyn. Who is Harrison? and where does he appear?