Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Certainly not bc/ the mecha are realistic or dramatic or exciting... I've alwys been with Graham on Gundam stuff.... only gritty stuff like 08th MS Team, with some realistic militatia to it... or 083 bc/ it's only got the BEST freakin Gundam designs out there.

It started with a Rx 78 and for sure they will make a "suppa cool" RX 78 for the 100 issue... ANOTHER RX 78... and the funny thing is the design sucks and it doesnt matter how hard they try IT will suck anyways.

I also think the 100th MG will be an RX-78, it's a no-brainer really.

I also agree with Sebastian that the RX-78 sucks. One of the ugliest mecha ever IMO.

Graham

Why is Bandai pushing Crossbone?

I`m also wondering why ? action figures, Kits and they`ve appeared in SRW-Alpha 2 and SD Gundam Generation for the PS2 with their own BGM. Everybody believed from all of this that there was going to be CB-Gundam series or an OVA but it never happened.

Cilps with with CBG in SRWA2 and SD Generation

SD Gundam Generation - Gundam Sentinel

Edited by Black Valkyrie

We have the in-between kits until MG #100 arrives in August:

IPB ImageThis month's hobby mag news

MG Char's Zaku Ver. 2.0 - w/ loading crane, May, 4,725 yen (#98)

MG Char's Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 - July (#99)

HGUC Ground-Type Gundam - June

BB Senshi Blu Duel

HCM-Pro Destroy Gundam - May

I'm very interested in what they do to the Gelgoog.

:D

*edit* Early (small) pics:

post-1479-1174487299_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1174487310_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Whadaya know, the 100th MG will be gold plated,

From Gunota,

"With the 98th (Char's Zaku II ver 2.0) and 99th (Char's Gelgoog ver 2.0) MG kits announced, the "MG No.100 Countdown" campaign is now underway. Sponsored by Gundam Ace, Dengeki Hobby Magazine, and Hobby Japan Magazine, readers can submit their guesses as to what the 100th will be on a postcard that comes with each issue. Bandai will randomly give away 100 gold-plated versions of the 100th MG kit to contestants with the correct MS.

The 100th MG will be announced at the Shizuoka Hobby Show (May 17-20th)."

A little bit off the "Who's the 100" thread, but having just finished my Hi-Nu this Friday, I can't help but be a little disappointed. The Nu and the Hi-Nu are two of my all time favorite MS's, but I really felt some things were lacking.

The Funnels are the source of my main frustration now, as their connection-point to the body is weak and they fall off with the slightest movement (I'll have to put pegs in there to help them stay on I guess). The clear plastic mounts for them are too weak to support the weight as well. So if you do mount them in flight on the stand, they'll last for about a day so so before the start to droop, and after 48 hours I have two that are almost touching the ground. Again, no big problem, as I can get sturdier replacements, but still, I really feel like why should I have to.

The big problem though was the kit was just not that much fun to build. Maybe it's because I was just in a bad funk, or, more likely, it has to do with it coming right after I built the Mk II ver 2. Now that was a fun kit! Looking back at how the old Mk. II was built, I was in constant amazement at how much it had improved. I didn't feel that at all with the Hi-Nu. Don't get me wrong, there are improvements over the regular Nu, but it just didn't do it. In a way, I really wish they would have made the PG Nu first, as all the MG kit ver 2.0's that have come after the PG have had significant improvements over the original MG.

*sigh* just venting I guess, as I would by it again anyhow. Still...

Hope you guys feel different.

Edited by LePoseur

Models I've ordered and on the way:-

MG ZZ Gundam

MG F91

1/100 Turn A Gundam

HG 1/100 V1 & V2 Gundam

I was worried the 100th MG kit was going to be one of the non MG kits I've ordered, I would have been annoyed if it turned out i only needed to wait a little bit longer for MG versions. But now we know its going to be gold witch means it could be based on a yellow or gold suit in my opinion.

Does the 100th MG actually has to be from Gundam? Could it be from another show like the Patlabor MGs.