Kill Duke!!

That was the original plan until the producers changed it. Check this link:killduke

If you loved "Superman is a D**k, you'll love this:dukedeathlongoverdue!

385034[/snapback]

I honestly think it would've went through pretty badly not just with the media, but with the lack of sales.

But IMO, I think it would've given a chance for other characters like Hawk, Flint, or even Falcom and SGT. Slaughter.

Actually the plan was to kill duke and to show Zarana nude from the rear in another scene. But, after the fallout from the Transformers movie having the S word uttered and killing prime, it was decided to change it to Duke making a miraculous recovery and to edit out Zarana's nude backside scene.

Actually the plan was to kill duke and to show Zarana nude from the rear in another scene.  But, after the fallout from the Transformers movie having the S word uttered and killing prime, it was decided to change it to Duke making a miraculous recovery and to edit out Zarana's nude backside scene.

385047[/snapback]

Hold the phone! They planned to show Zaranna nude? She did look hot in that bikini shot before that Cobra-La clam showed up; LOL!!!!!

The fact that you find cartoon characters hot disturbs me on so many levels.  And don't worry Duke we aren't talking about you, no one wants to kill you.

385061[/snapback]

Hey,The Duke is the man! G.I. Joe's Duke is cool too. What's your prob dude? Hey, some of those cartoon chicks are hotties. Daphne from Scooby Doo, The Baroness, Wonder Woman, etc, etc!

Yeah Duke was suppose to die but he lived. Really I think it was a bad idea just to kill off some character just to introduce new ones. Look at the Transformers Movie they killed off nearly everyone and replaced them with a had full of characters.

As for Zarana you know she's got a few stds from living her punk life style as the Dreadnoks boomerang whore. She does have a soft spot for middle aged computer geeks.

As for Zarana you know she's got a few stds from living her punk life style as the Dreadnoks boomerang whore.  She does have a soft spot for middle aged computer geeks.

385128[/snapback]

God...I thought I had successfully forgotten the whole Mainframe/Zarana cartoon romance.... :blink:

But, come to think of it, I actually know two relatively hot girls from punkish backgrounds who are now really into thirtysomething computer geeks, so it's not really all THAT far fetched....

Poor Mainframe. Never got much respect. I mean, you think of Joe Jarheads and you think Gungho for certain and Leatherneck if you were paying attention (although the name is obvious enough), but ol' Mainframe never gets the respect of being from the Corps.

Whatever terry I prefer my women to be flesh and blood, not ink and cellulous, but then again you are obvious a Dennis Rodman fan so I should come to expect such "interesting" views.

385105[/snapback]

Guess you don't like biker chicks too. all ink and cellulous :lol:

If you just hit "mute" and watch the movie that way, there is no way you would possibly think that Duke survived. I mean, General Hawk CRIED because Duke was SPRAYING BLOOD from being IMPALED. If not for 2 lines quickly re-dubbed, he'd be very dead. He's animated as dying, but the vocal track completely ignores what the audience sees.

It'd be like if just after Starscream crumbles into dust leaving only his feet and Galvatron crushes the crown, Astrotrain yells off-screen "He's ok!"

I don't think it would have went over that badly.  Optimus Prime got killed in the Transformers movie and that did nothing to hurt the franchise (granted he came back later).

385044[/snapback]

Actually, I disagree. When Prime was killed off, kids got turned off to TF real fast. I should know, I was one of them along with all my friends who were big TF fans back in the day. Man, that was 20 years ago... :o

Guest Bromgrev
I cheered when Prime and the other Trannies died. Mwahahahaha!

385285[/snapback]

I remember that. Great stuff, until it dawned on me just who would become the new leader ... :(

I cheered when Prime and the other Trannies died. Mwahahahaha!

385285[/snapback]

I remember that. Great stuff, until it dawned on me just who would become the new leader ... :(

385289[/snapback]

Whacking Prime and the others so early on was a bit of a shock (and still is). It's not often that a franchise movie starts off like that.

If you just hit "mute" and watch the movie that way, there is no way you would possibly think that Duke survived.  I mean, General Hawk CRIED because Duke was SPRAYING BLOOD from being IMPALED.  If not for 2 lines quickly re-dubbed, he'd be very dead.  He's animated as dying, but the vocal track completely ignores what the audience sees. 

It'd be like if just after Starscream crumbles into dust leaving only his feet and Galvatron crushes the crown, Astrotrain yells off-screen "He's ok!"

385162[/snapback]

Considering the size of the spear and the location of the wound, NO ONE could have survived that injury. It was very disappointing that they wussed out in killing Duke.

GI Joe the cartoon was for the most part okay, but the Movie and the 1986-87 season sucked. They should have never have gone off on the whole Serpentor and Cobra-La tangent. The comic book written by Larry Hama rocked, though. :) Larry killed off Serpentor as soon as he could and he completely refused to inject Cobra-La into the comic. B))

As for Transformers the movie, it was the defining moment as a 12 year old Transformer fan. I left that theater back in August 1986 completely blown away. Unfortunately, the 1986-87 season of the cartoon royally sucked in both the story and animation departments. :(

If you just hit "mute" and watch the movie that way, there is no way you would possibly think that Duke survived.  I mean, General Hawk CRIED because Duke was SPRAYING BLOOD from being IMPALED.  If not for 2 lines quickly re-dubbed, he'd be very dead.  He's animated as dying, but the vocal track completely ignores what the audience sees.  

385162[/snapback]

Considering the size of the spear and the location of the wound, NO ONE could have survived that injury. It was very disappointing that they wussed out in killing Duke.

GI Joe the cartoon was for the most part okay, but the Movie and the 1986-87 season sucked. They should have never have gone off on the whole Serpentor and Cobra-La tangent. The comic book written by Larry Hama rocked, though. :) Larry killed off Serpentor as soon as he could and he completely refused to inject Cobra-La into the comic. B))

As for Transformers the movie, it was the defining moment as a 12 year old Transformer fan. I left that theater back in August 1986 completely blown away. Unfortunately, the 1986-87 season of the cartoon royally sucked in both the story and animation departments. :(

385321[/snapback]

Larry Hama is God as far as I'm concerned. His Joe comics and writing were great. Hell, I even read his stint on Wolverine back in the day(killed off Wolverine's fiance just before they got married). The man took chances like having one crazy badass SOB Viper kill off a huge contingent of Joes led by Duke. It was extremely violent but it was one of the best Joe comics I ever read.

I gotta diagree, there was one Trans episode of that season that didn't suck, "Call of the Primatives".

GI Joe the cartoon was for the most part okay, but the Movie and the 1986-87 season sucked.

385321[/snapback]

Aw, come on. It wasn't that bad. Especially since there was the G.I. Joe series produced by DIC in the early 1990s.

Got to get tough, YO JOE!

Got to get rough, YO JOE!

Larry Hama is God as far as I'm concerned. His Joe comics and writing were great. .... The man took chances like having one crazy badass SOB Viper kill off a huge contingent of Joes led by Duke. It was extremely violent but it was one of the best Joe comics I ever read

While I agree that Larry Hama was THE best thing about the 80's G.I.Joes (with everything from working on the file cards to the comic, which was infinitely better than the cartoon) and feel few have ever been able to mix in the humor and pure cheese parts of G.I.Joe with enough realistic military stuff to make it feel mature enough like he can, I sort of disliked that issue (and the subsequent set where even more Joes died).

It felt too much overboard. For half a decade only minor, comic-created characters died and the in-the-field Joe could get shot or wounded, but always came away fine at the end. Then you suddenly have one S.A.W. Viper start a bloodbath by spraying his machine gun into a pit of Joe P.O.W.s, starting with multiple rounds into Doc's face before promptly killing off many tertiary-level Joes (god help you if you were a unpopular vehicle driver that day!). Then you let the Joes escape, do a tally of those still alive, then blow up their vehicle and in a single panel of dialogue say just about everyone but Duke died in the explosion (was never really a big QuickKick fan, but to have go out like that is even crappy for him, much less someone like Breaker who just never got respect). Then an issue or two later you wipe out the BattleForce 2000 folk in a convenient big explosion (yes, they were a crappy concept, but still...). It's almost like Hama was saying, "You want deaths?! I'll give you deaths!!!"

Still, I DO really like the fact that the whole bloodbath started because Cobra Commander really didn't want to piss off the Joe team by holding prisoners during a delicate attempt to conquer a oil-rich country, so he gave the order to 'get rid of them' and miscommunication between him, Tomax & Xamot, and the Viper who pulled the trigger changed the meaning from 'let them go' to 'kill 'em all'. Then when C.C. has a fit in front of the Viper in front of everyone over it, the Viper says something like, "Look, I just wasted more Joes in one minute than you did in over five years!" and C.C. realizes the best option for overall morale is to say, "You're right! Give this guy a medal!" To me, that... and seeing a very pissed Snake-eyes....made up for the over-the-top body count. :D

Geez...this is bringing back too much childhood-through adolescence memories and a level of geekiness I thought I packed away years ago....

People just don't like their favorite guys dieing. Look at the whole Boba-Fett deal, and the prequels were just an Anakin love fest. Come to think of it, we still kind of hate the fact Focker's dead. We just get attached to fake people too much.

b/c no one could explain how a robot dies.  Especially when you saw that chump Ultra Magnus get blown apart and thrown back together by the Junkions.

Yea, no sh*t. Why couldn't they just rewire OP and put him on a battery charger? They put UM back together just as easy as a set of Legos. Or better yet, why the hell didn't any of them say "hey you're pretty good at putting us back together. I've got this dead leader back on base, you think you could help us out?"

Looking back at these movies as an adult makes me think 'WTF did I like about this crap?'

They should've put 'Prime back together, just so Galvatron could take him apart somewhere down the road...