The 1/48 Low Vis Ver. 2 And Stealth Thread

wolfx

Well, those Wonderfest pictures featured the Stealth with one, although those pictures posted in this thread as well as BBTS's site do not show the cannon off-who knows at this point.

Better pictures! More information!

My opinion on the camo vers has changed. I like it better now that the colours don't look so off and I can see all three modes.

The stealth I like because I think the greys help to break it up a little. If it was a pure black, well, then it'd be a clone of the ultra rare credit card valk. Think of existing owners. They'd hate yamato forever for tricking them about the LE title. :D

I wonder if there is the possibility that yamato will release variation of the grey LV vers 1 still? If many people like it so much maybe it is worth releasing one in 1a. (either LE or non LE - but this time find a way not to make the weathering come off on your fingers)

I think the stealth needs a grey skull and crossbones on the heatshield to finish it off but the camo should just be a normal stock grunt cannon fodder. :D

It will be interesting to see what ebay sellers will demand in a few years time for these. Maybe the buyers will mistaken them as bootlegs because they don't appear in the show. :D

I still want a TV version of the Skull leader valk. (with slightly greyish tone and fast packs during the end of the war when hikaru piloted roys plane)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm surprised noones mentioned this, even MORE surprised that I didn't even think this at first glance, but now that I see the low viz once more(looks a bit toned down), it RESEMBLES the JASDF Mitsubishi F-1 camo!  The kite symbol is red as it is, so it reminds me of the japanese military logo.  (the red sun).  Anyways a lot of JASDF F-1s have black noses/trim, and VERY similarly colored/styled camo.  So if anything this is a throwback/nod to the JASDF, and now that I think about it, I truly believe it was inevitable that we would get something like this. And the missles are grey now! So I actually like it now.  And I guess its "low viz" per se in regards to certain regions of japan.  So to me it finally makes sense.  Besides the F-1 is retiring pretty soon so I definitely think this is an homage. 

But I think it should be called "mitsubishi omage VF-1" rather than "low viz 2". I think the stealth valk should be called "low viz 2".  The black shield is really throwing me off, I wish it was the light or dark grey on the camo itself to match, it stands out too much.

373448[/snapback]

[smacks forehead]

Of course! I'm surprised it took us this long to figure that out (what with all the aviation enthusiasts on this board). It matches right down to the anti-glare black going down the nosecone to the radome. I must say Graham was right it does look really good in fighter mode, that camo flows a little better in that mode. I was thinking of buying this anyway, but now I'm thinking of getting me one and modding some Hasegawa 1/48 Mk. 82 bombs to hang from the wings.

....So to me it finally makes sense.  Besides the F-1 is retiring pretty soon so I definitely think this is an homage.

373448[/snapback]

The Camo:

Homage to the F-1, a nice gesture, scores brownie points for that ;). In fighter and gerwalk mode, it does look hot. But I still think Yamato did a sloppy job with the application of the camo pattern. For my taste, the camo design is too wigglely. Would be nicer if the camo edges are softened up a bit more in a more random pattern, rather than the predictable 45 degree stripe pattern, making the battroid looks very silly. And why the hell are they calling it Low Viz when it is a Camo?

The Stealth:

Not bad...but not happy with Yamato's release strategy. The FP version should be the only release for the Stealth. Yamato, why do you hate my wallet so much!!! :angry:

Bottom line:

I already pre-ordered these 2 babies, so I should stand by my deals but I now have to forlk out more for the Stealth FP…Yamato, with these 2 releases you are so close to the borderline in pissing a lot of your supporters. If you want to milk our money, raise your game like your did for the Low-Vis 1, GBP-1 or VF-0S. You have a beautiful line of products, don’t mess it up…yet. <_<

Did you guys notice the BBTS pictures show a gray heatshield on the Stealth while the pictures on the first page show it as super dark black. I think the gray works much better.

PS - I'm buying both but I would love for at least one to be an LE. I still would have preferred a TV Max 1A.

I think both of them should be. (how limited is the question though)

By being non-canon (no appearance in the show) I can't really see people showing as much interest in them unless you are the completist collector. If they were to annouce them as limited I can totally see people flocking to them based on rarity of the first LV.

Stealth looks great in the photoshop but the real picture is under the WF thread. I am not thrilled about it.

Camo, still gets thumbs down from me. Too plasticky looking. If they tone down the colors, it would look better.

Yamato should have released the digital camos and enigma versions.

if i was a japanese avation enthusest i would be all over the camo but i am not. the kind of camo i love is the sea scheme and the similer one on the B-52Ds. and it looks like japans first stealth may just be the f-22a so if i were going to do a stealth version it would look like that plane.

I myself would have LOVED to see the blue on blue 2tone JASDF scheme for the F-2. (its seen on some F-1's as well). Or a hiko kyodotai inspired scheme. Or any of the JASDF 50th anniversary type schemes, the ones with samurai decals, and sometimes snow, mountain, and tree logos.

Even the 50th anniversary red with sakura blossoms scheme that was worn by an F-15J.

I think this is all inevitable though, just makes me wonder wht any of this wasn't done earlier! I think an F-2 2 tone blue or F-15DJ hiko kyodotai scheme would look absolutely KILLER on a VF-1 though!

Bascially what I want to know is "yes or no: does the stealth come with fastpacks?"

373582[/snapback]

Looks like it seen in the pics on page 1

but if that Camo gets fastpacks I'll slap Yamato silly

Junglecamo in the middle of space? <_<

373585[/snapback]

That's why it don't come with FAST Packs.

I meant to post in the earlier thread that I bet the camo would sell like crazy in Japan. After seeing it in all modes now I'm even more certain of it. I didn't pick up on the JASDF connection. Good call on that one, everybody.

It looks great in fighter mode. I still think it's silly as a battroid. But if it's a limited edition I imagine it will go quickly.

I like the stealth mor everytime I see it. Reminds me of the MOSPEADA Shadow Fighter - but cooler. Who's going to be the first to customize an armor set for one of these? :D

The question now is the Stealth FP gonna be a TV or DYRL type?

373610[/snapback]

Then the next question is what will the pilots look like in both version? Common, Yamato, don't disappoint us. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that they are doing something new. I'm just so sick and tired of the same old focker, max, hikaru scheme. It's been done to death. Even though the LVII don't look that great, I'll buy it just because it's something different. Of course I will also be buying that Stealth. Finally, Yamato has given me a reason to buy some toys again. I've been out of the game for too long.