The 1/48 Low Vis Ver. 2 And Stealth Thread

wolfx

Damn the consumer for demanding goods! Damn him to death! Where does he get off thinking that suppliers should supply him with the goods he is demanding?

Wait, is that not your contention?

Damn posters for meandering slightly off-topic! Shouldn't they know to stick to explicitly what the name of this thread is and only shine sunshine up Yamato's arse! How dare anyone voice dissention! How dare anyone suggest other options!

Seriously Eugimon, you want a soapbox? People have a right to voice their opinions to the valks they like, don't like, would prefer, or whatever. I guess you have a right to piss and moan too. I guess we all contribute in our own special ways ;)

Edited by jenius

No one is forcing you.

373924[/snapback]

I don't know about you guys, but Graham said that if I don't buy at least 2 of each I'll get banned...

Seriously Eugimon, you want a soapbox? People have a right to voice their opinions to the valks they like, don't like, would prefer, or whatever. I guess you have a right to piss and moan too. I guess we all contribute in our own special ways

hehe kinda sounds like the "soup nazi" from seinfeld. I think the problem is some people misinterpret whiney fussy people with fanatics who are just passionate about what they like and don't like. (maybe these fanatics come off as a vocal minority that's all, and don't represent all buyers, just that they want the best thing that they can imagine in their minds realised into existence. Haven't you ever had a dream and were let down because you have high expectations?)

No, I agree, the fans are not entitled to anything, but they sure as hell can complain if they believe the standard dropped in some way or comment that the hype was not all that justified. I don't neceassrily think it has, in fact the standard went up and yamato keeps outdoing themselves and improving, but others are entitled to disagree - welcome to the internet.

It is the sole reason I like to read detailed reviews because I am anal. Man if I read a review of a product and the person was dishonest and did not highlight the small tiny seemingly insignificant nitpicks I'd be more worried than if everything said was nothing but positive points. It would make me a little suspisicous. Almost like those people in those infomercials who can be so persuasive but oh so one-sided.. :D

What does all this have to do with the thread? People had high expectations and hope for something more that's all. For all you know, thier complaints might be valid criticism that might effect sales of the final product if left as is. If you don't like criticism ignore the negative comments.

Then, the following week, I heard the news of “Low Vis IIâ€. My immediate thought at the time was “Baka!!!, I got screwedâ€. I thought the seller must had heard the news earlier and tried to clear his Low Vis for a decent price before the “new Low Vis†swamps the market, and that must had been the reason why there were few bidders. Anyway, I had trouble sleeping that night, but when the good arrived, I was all OK again, because it was a nice Valk and I was contended.

Now that we know “Low Vis II†is not really the re-issuing of the original Low Vis, I guess there would be a few sellers out there kicking their own heads. Does anyone have similar experiences with the Low Vis purchase lately? Whether your were the purchaser or the seller?

I throw this story in because sometime we could be so blinded by our loves for Valks that we simply became sheep to the Yamato crew and buy/sell without really considering the real values of our beloved toys. I hope this story could be useful and mean something to somebody.

I had the same story when I bought a Gameboy Advance a long time ago. See what happened were all these people were complaining about how crap the screen was because it was so damnd dark and you couldn't see anything in castlevania. The nintendo fanboys chimed in that all those damn whiney SOBs were just trolls who hate nintendo and have no interest in nintendo anyway. (Only coming in with negative comments because they have an axe to grind. Typical response was: If you don't like the damn thing don't buy it. And those people DIDN'T buy it, waiting instead for a better thing to come along)

The fact was that the dark screen was a valid criticism that fans of nintendo were trying to mention to other fans as a negative point in thier review of the system. But the problem was the fanboys were trying to silence and censor the reviewers who just wanted to give thier honest opinion about it.

Then out came the GBA SP with all the improvements that were a reaction to the suggestions from the critics who had pointed out the bad points in the earlier GBA. Guess who all swarmed to the new and improved version? All those fanboys who 'hate whiners that complain about small nitpicks'. If those fanboys were so content with the original GBA, why did they swarm to the improved version which the honest people had hoped was the version they dreamed for in the first place?

Moral of the story: Don't shoot the messenger! People can hope for better if it is a realistic goal that is achievable. Sometimes the people attacking the critic come off as the most hypocritical of them all when they benefit from the suggestions made by the fan with high expection. (whose expectations go higher and higher each time)

Now the funny thing is: I still prefer my old GBA to the newer GBASP because it feels better to hold. That does not mean I have no complaints about the still-crappy dark screen of the original. I have every right to complain if it doesn't suit my standards which I know can be met with the existing tech at the time. But I would be smacking myself if I sold this old one to get the upgraded GBASP and realised the control feels worse with the newer one.

It's not as simple as: "Buy it, or shut up!" "What can be so difficult?" "Why waste time complaining?" But the flaw with this logic is that you can still like something (enough to want to buy it) AND still have small complaints that prevent it from being perfect. The whine is justified in this instance if you are used to high standards that were met before in the past.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hmm, well the first LV that came out was actually a new color scheme and still looked like a serious fighter.  First, good job Yamato in taking the big risk in the production of some new color schemes.  Second, ugh, with these new additions the new color schemes angle is somehow all of a sudden reduced to a gimmick.  The barber pole camo is well, I'll just leave it at that.  The stealth is at least tolerable.  Anyhow, I'm sure they'll be eatin up just the same.

373855[/snapback]

Big risk how? The Mitsubishi F-1 is VERY popular in japan, one of japan's FIRST jet aircraft, and japanese fans are going crazy especially the aviation fans/photographers with F-1 fever since the bird is retiring this year(if not then very soon). Its underpowered, and hell outclassed by the other JASDF fighters, but there is sense of national pride with that thing, and of course a lot of pilots who fly it love it, its highly respected in japan, plus its all japanese, not licensed from the US and built in japan(like the F-15j/DJ, F-4EJ/RF-4EJ, F-104J et al, even the mitusbishi F-2 has 40% parts developed in the US). I bet Kawamori might be a fan of it, lord knows he's seen the thing for decades zooming around the countryside. And plus, with all this said and done, I am more surprised at the fact that yamato did not make this EARLIER!\

So yea....I mean for all we know the F-1 could be just as popular in japan as the F-14 is in the states. And lord knows us tomcat lovers are getting all nostalgic this year, especially since the last combat mission just ended a few weeks back.

So financial risk? I think not. I think financial OPPORTUNITY!

Moral of the story: Don't shoot the messenger! People can hope for better if it is a realistic goal that is achievable. Sometimes the people attacking the critic come off as the most hypocritical of them all when they benefit from the suggestions made by the fan with high expection. (whose expectations go higher and higher each time)

It's not as simple as: "Buy it, or shut up!" "What can be so difficult?" "Why waste time complaining?" But the flaw with this logic is that you can still like something (enough to want to buy it) AND still have small complaints that prevent it from being perfect. The whine is justified in this instance if you are used to high standards that were met before in the past.

373949[/snapback]

I love you. I know you're a dude, but still. Can I sig your entire post?

I dunno about the LV2.  The camo is ok. Looking at the F-111 pics, I like that camo in particular. I dunno... kinda looks similar to the LV2 but I think the tan needs to be toned down...  you guys decide.

f111_2.jpg 

f-111-00000003.jpg

f-111-00000008.jpg

f-111-00000000.jpg

374035[/snapback]

Seee the thing is the LV2 seems near dead on in regards to the JASDF F-1 camo. EVEN the black nose and trim! But I do like the F-111 camo as well.

Nice Aardvark pics, Godzilla! Love the F-111.

I'm still not sold on the camo valk. I agree with Neova in that it'll probably look a lot closer to the pics in the WonderFest thread than the pretty publicity shots, and those WF pics sure didn't make it look good. As for the stealth valk, it looks alright, but I think it'd look better w/out the skull logos on the tailfins. Oh well, at least I could save my $ for any VF-0 variants...

The Stealth and Low Vis 2 is up for preorder on HLJ.

Low Vis 2

Non FAST Pack Stealth

Super Stealth

There's also the display stand, both in black and plated:

Black Stand

Plated Stand

I'm going to put a pre-order on the Low Viz 2, as it looks so darn different than the regular-run-of-the-mill VF-1. Plus there's plenty of options for noseart/chest art for this thing.

I think a camo similar to the european forest camo (or whatever it's called) would have looked better in all modes for the LV2. It's only 2-tone (gray and dark green), but it's a pretty bad-ass scheme. I think the early Strike Eagles and some B-52Hs sport this camo, but here's Tornado GR4, just to show the scheme on a swing-wing jet.

jas4536.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

I agree ghostryder. I really don't like how they used the CF as the base for the new LV. It's just so painfully obvious. If they just used a gray VF-1J it would have seemed more unique. Knowing now that it's a celebration of a famous Japanese plane I understand a little better though. -

There is indeed a picture of a Strike -1J Stealth on there. I wonder whether their actually going to ship the Strike with the equivalent of the full recent release of the FASTpacks? Giving us both two missile launcher ends and a Strike cannon?

Karl

373978[/snapback]

If YAMATO ever does, it would be real nice :D . But of course, the Stealth would have to be the closest thing to KURT's ENIGMA custom that I could ever hope to get, so I'm probably buying it even if it only comes out in the SUPER FP version.

I really don't like how they used the CF as the base for the new LV.  It's just so painfully obvious.

Well, the brown intake covers and feet do seem to be a better choice to use with the camouflage than the standard grey ones.

The CF has white legs painted brown and white upper arms.

I really don't like how they used the CF as the base for the new LV.  It's just so painfully obvious.

Well, the brown intake covers and feet do seem to be a better choice to use with the camouflage than the standard grey ones.

374200[/snapback]

I just can\\\\\\\'t get over the fact that Yamato has decided to sway from the original Macross line-up.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Yamato, Yamato what\\\\\\\'s next? Desert camo? Hi viz?

C\\\\\\\'mon Yamato, wake up!!!

We still want:

1. DYRL - Kakizake

2. TV - Max

3. TV - Kakizake

4. TV - Alaska Base VF-1

5. TV - Angel Birds

6. TV - Black Ops, seen in one episode briefly

7. TV - VF-1J in CF Colors

I mean is it really so difficult to stick to classics? Angel Birds would be one of the coolest and, IMHO, a best seller. Who wouldn\\\\\\\'t want to own at least five and have them diplayed in V flight formation?

I know the cost to create the VT-1, VE-1, and VF-1D would be rather expensive, but at least listen to MW members for what they really want.

Yamato, Nice job on the new LV V2, and the Stealth. Still I want the classics...THE REAL GOODS, THE REAL DEAL.

Make it happen.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Since they aren't doing any more canon schemes, how about something that would match the SDF timeline better - maybe a post-rain of death /love drifts away cannon fodder? You know, a modified Desert Storm sceme that's the color of scorched soil with little craters here and there :p .

Yamato, Nice job on the new LV V2, and the Stealth. Still I want the classics...THE REAL GOODS, THE REAL DEAL.

Make it happen.

374769[/snapback]

They ain't listening, and they never will (not to this forum anyway), but you're right-I would LOVE an Angel Bird style VF-1 among other things...

Here's the dilemma, I want one of each.  Should I get one of the super Stealths and one of the normal stealths and one of the camo LVs or just stick to the Super Stealth and the camo LV?  Decisions decisions....

373800[/snapback]

What do the voices in your wallet and savings tell you? :unsure:;) Mine says only get the Stealth w/FP.

Sometimes it is just that simple, but it depends on the individual. We can all suffer from analysis paralysis or bitching until hell freezes over; but in either situation usually nothing constructive is achieved as a result. :(

IMO whining and complaints that lead to a constructive solution are ideals. And as we all know rarely achieved on the NET since everyone is a critic and has an opinion or complaint(s) sooner or later. Also, some people just love to complain and/or hear themselves talk too. :lol:

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

IMO whining and complaints that lead to a constructive solution are ideals. And as we all know rarely achieved on the NET since everyone is a critic and has an opinion or complaint(s) sooner or later. Also, some people just love to complain and/or hear themselves talk too.

Ok but in the instance where complaints are valid: like the idea that the screen on the gba was so dark that you couldn't see the bats in castlvania and had to keep shifting the angle of the screen to see where you are going, then the people complaining about the complainers are more annoying imo. There was no good reason why the screen had to be so dark given the technology of the time. (other handheld companies had released similar products in the past without the problems so the comparison is valid and should be noted for those about to buy one)

The problem I see is when the company releases something in stealth (no ability to give feedback, unlike say the way microsoft handled xbox and asked people "what would you like in a game console?") and then releases an improved version later rather than having the first release good from the start. It will only piss off the parent whose kid now wants the upgraded version after having just plonked down the cash for the "early adopter" version, you know what I'm saying?

Rather than spending your money once, you spent it twice. In the case of knowing there will be an improved version around the corner, "hate it? Don't buy!" makes sense, but I would argue that it is better to just release a "high quality with no flaws" version from the start to not piss off the early adopter who will feel shortchanged. Who cares whose feelings you offend so long as you are being honest and up front?

There is a fine line between being honest and saying "I will not buy this because of x reason", (and the reason highlights a valid negative point, like inaccuracy of sculpt, floppy limbs, crooked skull) and some person coming in to bash the product for troll reasons who has nothing to offer and wants to bait a certain crowd for thier own amusment.

People get emotional over the smallest things and snap at the messenger and accusing them of being whiney people rather than looking at the product objectively from a non-fan viewpoint.

If macross fans are whiney, you should see the alternator crowd who are sick of the same repaints and variations and complaining for new stuff. (at least the cars look diffferent :D) Compare that to macross people who essentially have thier house filled with the same vf1, and I'd say we are pretty reasonable if a little passionate about what we want.

Sure there are people who just want to voice thier opinion, but the majority can agree on certain things they would like to see:

-more tampo printed detail (or improved stickers)

-nicer box art and smaller packaging

-straight skulls

-no loose head

They are all nitpicks but valid complaints and worth mentioning. We want to hear the good and the bad. Fanboys don't do that: thier sole purpose is to hype everything and blow it out of proportion without considering what else is out there. Like I say: so long as the complaints are valid and suggestions realistic then I think it is all helpful in the long run. Sure we will still buy it with those flaws (because the good outweighs the bad) but that doesn't mean we can't highlight them for fear we will offend fanboys who only like to hear one sided opinions.

example: the nintendo apologists I mentioned earlier who bow down and worship it and couldn't accept thier fave company could do wrong having not experienced anything better outside the products they personally use. And then when somebody mentiond something negative to do with the product the fanboys gang up on the critic and tries to spin the bad points into a positive point and say the critic is just another troll out to bait the fans who has unrealistic expectations.

What I would rather see is people's honest complaint about something over reading exclusively from a forum full of marketing shills who only hype something but not mention the small details and try to surpress the info by silencing other members.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I feel that Yamato could've done more with these valks. I think they're cool...but they're not KEWL.

I was thinking of just getting them both, but since I'm so enamored with the VF0S (must...get....multiples....) I will have to cut back and choose one.

Just like Fort Max and Dante74's wallet...mine is whispering "Stealth w/FP" ...however I asked a higher power, my girlfriend, what she thought of the new designs and this was her reply:

"I like the Camo version, get that one, the Stealth one looks plain....besides Camo is IN this year"

So I guess that's that! Camo is in....it's so simple. :lol:

Edited by Motorcycle-Punk

What do the voices in your wallet and savings tell you?  Mine says only get the Stealth w/FP.

I was forced to bludgeon the wallet voices to death when I was searching for my Bandai Elint and SuperO. Now I just hear the occasional whisper. I think they're saying to just get the Super Stealth and ignore the standard stealth. Either that or it's telling me to miss work tomorrow and just get super drunk while watching the clown kung-fu commercial repeatedly.