Yamato Vf-0s 1/60 In-store Display Akihabara

Save

SAVEROBOTECH....

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any cooler, you go and pull something like this.

Those VF-0 pics are awesome. That toy is amazing.

I cannot wait till it graces my shelf. I cannot wait to play with this thing!

Did I say play? Uh, I meant, hold it. Adults dont play with toys. :unsure:

Thanks SAVEROBOTECH!

I am sooo glad I prepordered this baby!

PROPITIOUS!

The high gloss finish sure will make for some nice lighting effects should one choose to take some pictures. The close up also reveals that the VF-0 should have just a few more degrees of flexiblity in the elbow joint over the 1/48. I could swear the second last picture shows a slightly less than 90 degree bend.

The third picture also shows that the two wings are indeed slightly off when folded for battroid mode. In previously released photos, we did see some slight overlap, though nothing nearing the extreme of the CG model or lineart. Still, this would seem to confirm that the final design will achieve some wing overlap for battroid configuration.

This new VF-0 toy must have been much easier for Yamato considering they have adopted so many tried and true design features from the 1/48 VF-1. The internal heat shield, the hip/leg joints, the swing bar, the multi-joint hinges for the primary hull folding, etc. This might explain why they are putting a little more effort into the plastic and the gloss finish, having saved costs on some of the R&D.

This new VF-0 toy must have been much easier for Yamato considering they have adopted so many tried and true design features from the 1/48 VF-1.  The internal heat shield, the hip/leg joints, the swing bar, the multi-joint hinges for the primary hull folding, etc. 

367588[/snapback]

There is no internal heat shield.

On the VF-0 in fighter mode, the heatshield stays external, located behind the cockpit and does not retract under the chest plate.

Graham

I still think perhaps the higher price tag is dictated by stronger and superior more durable plastics, which also give it heft THEREFORE increasing weight of the overall toy in package and increasing shipping weight/costs. At least I hope this is why the price tag is higher. And hey who doesn't want heft?

It would be cool if it came prepanel lined like the macross plus valks yamato did 6 years...HOLY CRAP SIX YEARS AGO!!!! I can't believe its been that long!

It always puzzled me why the 1/60 and 1/48 VF-1 lines never came pre panel lined.

More info for the die hards here.

The VF-0S is an off white and not bone white like the other 1/48s.

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 all the dark grey parts are chunky monkey. It looks to be a softer plastic than the outer white shell of the VF-0S. You can see by this pic the thickness of the top shoulder area. It's about 3 times as thick as the other 1/48 in the display case.

shot1.jpg

Graham is correct it is not transformed correctly. You can see in the above pic the shoulder dropped down and is out of place.

The below pic shows that the back half of the VF-0S is not set right. It should be parallel with the front chest plate, but it's at weird angle. The bottom wing area should set closer to the bottom end of the nose. This would bring the top half up into the proper position and also bring the shoulders into correct positioning.

shot2.jpg

I also looked around the store to see if the retail box was sitting behind the counter but I didn't see anything, but if it is a new box design then I wouldnt know what to look for.

thanks for the recon saverobotech.

This is by far the best valk yamato has produced.

I'm honestly not surprised by the increase in price, could be a number of reasons but as long as the QC issues are at a minimal... it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I dont want to get too far here, but damn.... can you guys imagine the quality of a 1/60 yf-19 would be like now with all the experience yamato has?

Thanks for the pics, Saverobo.

Stuff i can notice that people have not already said:

1.) the nose cone is missing its radio antennae. Detachable. Might be made of bendy PVC which might warp or hard plastic which might break.

2.) I not sure why you guys like the semi gloss. I prefer it if it was flat. But comparison to the hikkie next to it shows its off-white color. Pretty neat.

3.) minor nitpick, but i think the "shoulder pads" and neck plate should be the same color as the rest of the valk. But that grey is probably canon.

4.) Not sure at how well the knee would swivel with the atmospheric fast packs on. It seems to be blocking the swivel much more than the normal fast packs on 1/48.

A VF-0D and SV-51 had better come out of all this! And a ghost pack even!

*sells soul to yamato*

I dont want to get too far here, but damn.... can you guys imagine the quality of a 1/60 yf-19 would be like now with all the experience yamato has?

It would blow the 1/72 version away. I will throw out all my old 1/72 yammies if they do mac plus line of 1/60 with details of the 1/60 mac zero and 1/48 valks. Ah decent proportions for once. :D

*looks at stubby yf21 nose*

*vomits at sight of ugly screws under the vf11 in fighter mode*

*tips yf19 upside down in battroid mode to show the top hlaf of the mech flop out*

Also if possible try to make the battroid mode less chunky and more skinny without sacrificing the strength and durability of the toy. The skinny look makes the valk look much more agile and speedy, if a little delicate.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Give Rob over at Samurai-Monkey an e-mail-I think he's still accepting preorders; I certainly hope so, as I haven't placed mine yet. There's also BigBadToystore.com, but they're starting price is $169, I believe...

Samurai Monkey Store

Anyone know of a shop that's accepting pre-orders for this badboy?  Normally I'd go with Valk-EX but it's no longer.  TMPanime is sold out.  Neova's store isn't pre-ordering yet.

Any ideaS?

367732[/snapback]

I'll wait for Neova to get his shipments in.

One thing I would like to see is how close to the ground the gunpod is.

I wonder if you can get a pic of the vf0 in fighter mode with gunpod atached underneath? I've always wondered if there was clearance for it given its beefy chunky look. (I will assume the arms are really high up and the handle collapses deep plus the bigger overall size of the fighter makes it ok)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

From the pics the plastic looks shiny and smooth plus heavy (Chunky Monkey). Yes it would nice to see the gunpod under the chunky fighter, that was the negative thing about the original chunky monkey .

I may now understand why there was never a new YF-19 toy cuz the cost for a new mold and the transforming mechanics, the VF-0S pics tells us that.

One thing I would like to see is how close to the ground the gunpod is.

I wonder if you can get a pic of the vf0 in fighter mode with gunpod atached underneath?  I've always wondered if there was clearance for it given its beefy chunky look. (I will assume the arms are really high up and the handle collapses deep plus the bigger overall size of the fighter makes it ok)

367739[/snapback]

Graham has posted some more pics in the other thread and it unfortunately looks like the gunpod almost touches the ground like the 1/48th did. The problem looks like the landing gear is too short.

Chris

It would blow the 1/72 version away. I will throw out all my old 1/72 yammies if they do mac plus line of 1/60 with details of the 1/60 mac zero and 1/48 valks. Ah decent proportions for once. :D

*looks at stubby yf21 nose*

*vomits at sight of ugly screws under the vf11 in fighter mode*

*tips yf19 upside down in battroid mode to show the top hlaf of the mech flop out*

Also if possible try to make the battroid mode less chunky and more skinny without sacrificing the strength and durability of the toy. The skinny look makes the valk look much more agile and speedy, if a little delicate.

367728[/snapback]

and I would happily dig through your trash :rolleyes:

not that I wouldn't pony up for a 1/60 19a with f/p for myself ;)

This new VF-0 toy must have been much easier for Yamato considering they have adopted so many tried and true design features from the 1/48 VF-1.  The internal heat shield, the hip/leg joints, the swing bar, the multi-joint hinges for the primary hull folding, etc. 

367588[/snapback]

There is no internal heat shield.

On the VF-0 in fighter mode, the heatshield stays external, located behind the cockpit and does not retract under the chest plate.

Graham

367592[/snapback]

Ah, thanks Graham. That's actually better, since it's more true to the anime.

Graham has posted some more pics in the other thread and it unfortunately looks like the gunpod almost touches the ground like the 1/48th did. The problem looks like the landing gear is too short.

Chris

367749[/snapback]

Looks like although the arms are more recessed than the VF-1, they are at an angle which points the front of the gun down and closer to the ground.

Also, too me the plastic doesn't look much shinier than the yamato 1/60 plastic. I've yet to see ANY toy that has achieved the glassy smoothness and strength of the chunky monkeys.

Also, too me the plastic doesn't look much shinier than the yamato 1/60 plastic. I've yet to see ANY toy that has achieved the glassy smoothness and strength of the chunky monkeys.

367772[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the plastic quality is not Bandai 1/55 quality. It has a translucency that looks like standard 1/48 plastic, but polished smooth instead of a grainy matt finish. The smoothness actually makes the translucency stand out-- it actually looks a great deal cheaper to me, and I'm actually not excited about the semi-glossiness.

I have to say, if I walked into that store I'd probably fall to my knees and kiss the ground...people in Japan probably do not realize how lucky they are. Someone should show the Japanese the inside of a US Toys R Us...they'd probably send us Gundams and valkyries out of pity :)

Edited by easnoddy

Anyone know of a shop that's accepting pre-orders for this badboy?  Normally I'd go with Valk-EX but it's no longer.  TMPanime is sold out.  Neova's store isn't pre-ordering yet.

Any ideaS?

367732[/snapback]

Go to BigBadToyStore (BBTS). I believe they are still taking preorders. Although the price is $165, it comes out to be the same price as TMP because you live in California. TMP price was $152, but if you add CA sales tax, it comes out to be about $165. BBTS doesn't charge tax, so it's the same price when you think about it. Just do it!

I....must...find an excuse to...preorder one... must..bribe mother...

Those pics are weak because it isn't done right, but it is obvisouly going to be another gorgeous Yamato toy.  I'd say that Yamato is 2 for 2 in 2006 so far with the GBP and this....

367947[/snapback]

Which one should I vote for for ToyBoxDX Toy of the Year? Hmm......

Those pics are weak because it isn't done right, but it is obvisouly going to be another gorgeous Yamato toy.  I'd say that Yamato is 2 for 2 in 2006 so far with the GBP and this....

367947[/snapback]

368056[/snapback]

They've still got the Garland to hit us with.

367947[/snapback]

368056[/snapback]

Those guys are gokin crazy (aka biased) over there. It'll come down to the Voltes 5 vs VF-0S.

In the end they'll go for the gokin.