The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

However, I noticed that the plastic they used for garland is way less sturdy compare to 1/48 valk. The plastic feel like from a model kit than from a plastic toy, and which I thought it is supposed to be ABS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If Yamato fail to make a replacement for this or if they decide to reissue the entire toy, we always can ask some of our gifted modellers to make a decent plastic shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...
Man....that guy is a little rough with his toys...

422696[/snapback]

Yeah, I watched the video twice and it's a disaster waiting to happen...

I'm much more gentle with my toys. I've transformed my Garland more than twenty times and nothing is broken.

But I'm too scared to watch that video again :(

Very useful video indeed.

Are the arms that floppy? They couldn't stay in place.

Graham should put the 1/48 transformation videos in Youtube. They where sure helpful in helping me decide to get one (and many more would fall to the dark side by having them so easily accessible :ph34r: ).

Man, i wish i read this thread before i bought my garland, darn thing broke within 24 hours and most of the time it was standing in my display case, I just transformed the thing acouple of times and the and the arm fell off :blink: i ripped both arms apart and found that the ends of the sholder were too thin and should not be made of abs, the stress of transforming crushed the upper ends of the sholder. A easy fix would be to make the part out of P.O.M. I was able to put them back together and tried to make them stronger but :unsure: and now the sholders dont sit flush against the front wheel in cycle mode :( very unhappy there goes 145.00 smakers

Edited by Pierre

Man, i wish i read this thread before i bought my garland, darn thing broke within 24 hours and most of the time it was standing in my display case, I just transformed the thing acouple of times and the and the arm fell off :blink:  i ripped both arms apart and found that the ends of the sholder were too thin and should not be made of abs, the stress of transforming crushed the upper ends of the sholder. A easy fix would be to make the part out of P.O.M. I was able to put them back together and tried to make them stronger but  :unsure:  and now the sholders dont sit flush against the front wheel  in cycle mode  :(  very unhappy there goes 145.00 smakers

422947[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about that mate ... a shame.

:huh:

Graham should put the 1/48 transformation videos in Youtube. They where sure helpful in helping me decide to get one (and many more would fall to the dark side by having them so easily accessible  ).

Also a video showing the appliance of fastpacks and securing the backpack while fast packs are on. (pushing it all the way in for robot mode)

This way people know what you're talking about if you can show it.

Also upload the koenig monster transformation, (that thing is freakin complex) and the GBP door mechanism warning. (when applying the chest missiles)

Update with my Garland:

Sent photos to HLJ of my damaged shoulder, and requested replacement parts for both shoulders (left shoulder is undamaged, but don't want to take chances). Today I've been sent replacement part(s?). I really hope it's the upgraded shoulders....

Update with my Garland:

Sent photos to HLJ of my damaged shoulder, and requested replacement parts for both shoulders (left shoulder is undamaged, but don't want to take chances).  Today I've been sent replacement part(s?).  I really hope it's the upgraded shoulders....

423197[/snapback]

they haven't released the upgraded parts.

Update with my Garland:

Sent photos to HLJ of my damaged shoulder, and requested replacement parts for both shoulders (left shoulder is undamaged, but don't want to take chances).  Today I've been sent replacement part(s?).  I really hope it's the upgraded shoulders....

423197[/snapback]

they haven't released the upgraded parts.

423227[/snapback]

Oh boy... I really hope that they aren't defective...

I had bought three and sold 2 of them I've had the last

one in the box ever since I got it. Its a wonderful toy

but for fear of damage and lack of time I havent

attempted to transform it. Maybe in the next

improved wave I'll get another. I certainly hope that

all defects are worked out.

An unnamed source informs me that Yamato is shipping another production run of Garland on the week of Aug 28th. I'm told this is fairly standard practice (not just for defective/problematic toys).

Graham, if you read this, do you know if this 2nd production run is 'corrected'? If so, I'm gonna do what I can to obtain one... thanks

Edited by Shaggydog

I have just been watching megazone.

When the bike transforms does anyone think the sound effect for the transformation is stupid?

it goes "worrrrp, wop-wop-wop" (like it is laughing or something)

That doesn't sound anything like what I would imagine a tough robot bike which can crush other cars with its body to sound like.

Update on my Garland: I sent it into Yamato for replacement, and have yet to see receive a replacement.

that doesn't sound too good... Hope they send it soon.

I still want to get it but the shoulders make it sound like transforming it for the first time is dangerous.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I got my replacement. I have not opened the shipping box. My enthusiasm for this toy is basically dead now. I think I will sell it.

425324[/snapback]

Sorry to hear your enthusiasm is gone :(

Try to keep the Garland to display it in maneuver slave mode!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica