The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

Wow, based on the last few posts the Garland sounds like a piece of S---!

Sorry to you all who have broken toys ... a shame.

:huh:

409373[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that, there are a lot of members who have gotten ones that have not broken yet. Yamato did post up a guide to transforming the arms on their site, I read it over@toyboxdx last night.

Is it possible for yamato to resculpt the prone areas and utilize a thicker arm bar?

409350[/snapback]

It seems to be just the tip of the bar that''s breaking, where it narrows and changes from a rectangular cross section to a circular cross section.

Graham

It's not the bar itself that snaps, it's when it narrows down into a peg shape that sticks into a piece that connects to the shoulder/wheel. If you put jus the slightest amount of force to it it'll snap real easy. So I recommend to be very gentle with that area when transforming it espically into bike mode.

Is it possible for yamato to resculpt the prone areas and utilize a thicker arm bar?

409350[/snapback]

It seems to be just the tip of the bar that''s breaking, where it narrows and changes from a rectangular cross section to a circular cross section.

Graham

409392[/snapback]

I see. I wonder if they can fix it somehow in the next releases.

Here is the link on yamato's page where they have a visual guide of transforming that area.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/info/info060609.html

I imagine the swing arms were designed with tollerances for steel not

aluminum zinc alloy. From the descriptions it would have been better to

make the swing arms out of plastic.

:rolleyes:

I have already canceled my Pre-order at BBTS till further notice.

I refuse to be gypped out of a hundred bucks no matter how

much I have anticipated this toy.

:angry:

It'll be fine as long as your gentle with it....remember, these things are meant to be for collectors, not to actually be played with like normal toys....hence why they tend to be so expensive.

409578[/snapback]

you're right but for the money these just shouldn't break.

You're right, they shouldn't and I'm very upset with Yamato for not doing anything about this when they could of. I'm very upset that mine broke so easily and now that right arm flops off cause all that's holding it together in Slave mode are the magnets and they just really aren't powerful enough to mess around with.

I've just pick up my Garland from TMP today. Tamin told me to follow the instructions carefully and I have to say that it's not too difficult to follow.

I'm very happy with this purchase. Thanks again Tamin :)

Here's a photo of the broken metal bar on mine. Note, it's the peg at the end of the bar that has broken off.

Click to enlarge

broken-bit.jpg

Hopefully, Yamato will issue some replacement bars, as once this part breaks, the arm can no longer securely attach and falls off all the time. :(

Graham

What annoys me is that mine broke during transport, not during transformation.

When I received it, I transformed it once only from bike to robot and it was fine. It didn't seem to have any obvious weak spots, so I put it carefully in a bag and carried it carefully home in the bag in robot mode. Only I guess I wasn't as careful as I thought, as as soon as I get home and take it out my bag, it's already broken...........grrrrrrr! :angry::angry:

Graham

This just sucks.

I was looking forwrd to this and now i'm not crazy about getting one.

I dont know that i'll be holding on to this one once i get it.

feels like a repeat of the MPC valks. I'm just not sure right now.

i've ordered mine from Twinmoons. i'm not sure that mine have been sent out.

But at this point in the game its too late to cancel i think.

I may just leave in the box and admire it from afar.

Including mine, there's only 2 or 3(?) reported cases of this happening that I'm aware of, so the incidence of breakage of this part is not very common yet.

Hopefully, it will turn out that only a small amount of the metal bars are flawed (badly cast?) and prone to breakage and most are fine.

Graham

It'll be fine as long as your gentle with it....remember, these things are meant to be for collectors, not to actually be played with like normal toys....hence why they tend to be so expensive.

409578[/snapback]

While they are not meant to be played with in the way that say a 5 year old plays with his toys, they are meant to be strong enough that an adult collector can repeatedly transform and repose the toy without having to fear breakage through normal and careful daily handling and transformation.

Yamato has proven that it can make detailed yet durable transformable collectors grade toys. A case in point is the 1/48 VF-1 series. After a few initial teething troubles when the toys first came out, such as people having to learn how to correctly handle the BP8 hinge, most people here now regard the 1/48 VF-1 toys as sturdy and durable and transform and handle them without fear. So far, the 1/60 VF-0S also seems to be holding up pretty well as well.

Graham

Im Still amazed at how easily the tip of the peg broke. I didnt even apply much force beyond whats required to transform it.

Although, the arm is more than secure in both bike and slave mode so i dont have much to bother me, besides the lack of perfect transformation.

Since the break.....two minutes out of the box btw.....im loving the toy more and more every day strangely enough.

Whats the word on a replacement being issued?

Here's a photo of the broken metal bar on mine. Note, it's the peg at the end of the bar that has broken off.

Click to enlarge

broken-bit.jpg

Hopefully, Yamato will issue some replacement bars, as once this part breaks, the arm can no longer securely attach and falls off all the time.  :(

Graham

409737[/snapback]

Ouch! Even more reason to be careful with the toy.

409578[/snapback]

While they are not meant to be played with in the way that say a 5 year old plays with his toys, they are meant to be strong enough that an adult collector can repeatedly transform and repose the toy without having to fear breakage through normal and careful daily handling and transformation.

Graham

409751[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember some idiot SW guru making a point similar to Hikuro's (in regards to the Sideshow Anakin, I believe) and I'm glad people around here aren't buying it. If I'm paying 100+ for a transforming toy, I'd better damn well be able to transform it, and not in sheer terror.

That said, reports of this breakage aren't really widespread, so we can hope that these incidents are isolated.

Gives you some perspective when it happens to you, don't it? :D

Just got mine from Tam today... great packaging as usual.

Everything came in the box, nothing broken and I even managed to transform him into bot mode:

P1000416.jpg

not sure if I'll transform him back though.. that was scary business there!

BTW, the figure is worthless... cheap soft vinyl and the arms are just poor designed.

Otherwise, I really dig him. Really decent posability and everything fits just right.