The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

maybe Hasegawa has an exclusive deal with Tenjin for Macross?

C'mon Yamato! You gave the Scopedog some boxart goodness and now the Garland so why not for Macross?

Perfect example, checkout the new red shoulder Scopedog box:

red shoulder scopedog

Wolfx here's a pic of the Max Factory proto from one of the japanese hobby shows, though I can't remember which one or when

post-515-1148048143_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

I have tried and tried, as have others but to no avail.

As well as Tenjin, other artists I've suggested to them for Macross toy box art are Yoshiyuki Takani and Yuji Kaida.

Anybody who doesn't know who these two fine  artist are and their previous contribution to Macross box art, shame on you for calling yourself a Macross fan.

400520[/snapback]

Indeed, both Takani and Kaida are old hands to the industry. Both are still fairly prolific however but suitably expensive (I get the generally impression that Tenjin is on the cheaper side, hence why people like Konami can afford him to do the cover artwork for Gradius V).

Kaida has a very good website though and the following artbook of Takani's 80's portfolio comes highly recommended...

takani.JPG

All I wanna know is if they're gonna do more mecha from the series, I like transforming motorcycles, but a more military-style one would be way cooler.

But if this is the only one, then i'm definetely getting it. When I have the money.

I don't know about you, but I kinda like how some of the boxes are just plain black with the letters: VF1A, VF1J etc and that is it.

It kinda of stands out in the sea of other boxes of stuff. Even if the box was just full of CAD style lineart I think that would be cool.

I'm more worried that the boxes have too much empty space than what they look like though. They could cut costs to themselves if the boxes were smaller.

Guys,

Here's the 3 page article from the new July 2006 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Not sure if the weathered finish is custom or going to be standard on the production toy. My guess is it's a custom just for this article.

Garland Page 1

Garland Page 2

Garland Page 3

I've also added these pics to the Garland Page in the MW toy section.

Graham

Guys,

Here's the 3 page article from the new July 2006 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Not sure if the weathered finish is custom or going to be standard on the production toy. My guess is it's a custom just for this article.

Garland Page 1

Garland Page 2

Garland Page 3

I've also added these pics to the Garland Page in the MW toy section.

Graham

402403[/snapback]

Wow, that weathered version is a winner! Too bad i can't paint. <_<

Edited by Veritas

holy god! That looks fantastic. Fingers crossed it comes in the weathered version.

402469[/snapback]

No way, the weathering in those pics are totally pro. You can easily see the airbrush and all the shadings. SO dIFFERENT from our Low Vis (1rst vertion).

If you want that kind of wathering you will have to do it yourself.

I think there was a piece of armor that covered up that area and would just sort of slide down when transforming back into the vehicle form.  I tend to remember it being ripped off in Part 2.

402547[/snapback]

You are right, in the anime there is a monitor screen that comes up from behind the handle bars that is backed by said armor piece. That's how Shogo 'sees' in robo mode rather than some clear window. But this toy still friggin rocks. It looks like the fingers are even articulated.

That missing armor piece really doesn't bug me in the least, it's still a pretty good representation of the anime garland.

Not too mention with now being given a close look at the garland, I can see how and where the legs connect into the body during Mecha form....very interesting to see that the hips are connected to the rear wheel. Hell I remember how stupid I felt a few months ago wondering what happened to the front wheel before it dawned on me the front wheel is actually 2 seperate thinner wheels that split in half.

What I'm curious about is if there's a place where the gun can be stored instead of just being out there...

Too bad it doesn't come weathered.... that woulda sold me... I've still gotta do my Scopey, so I wouldn't get this anytime soon if all I was gonna do with it is add it to my ever growing backlog of work.... but I'd probably be willing to weather other people's for the sake of getting to handle one... :lol:

Not too mention the guy running that store just started his bussniess, so I think he'll do anything to get customers.  Even if that means loosing 10-20 bucks a unit.

402980[/snapback]

I've bought from him a couple of times ... a reliable and honest seller!

Recommended.

:)