The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

I'm pretty unreasonably excited about this release too.  As long as I'm digging up old scans, here's a mod I have in mind for it.  This is from an insert in a late 2000 hobby magazine:

dhob0le.th.jpg

404656[/snapback]

Thanks for posting that, I had been looking for it off and on for a while.

I too am stoked about getting a Garland finally.

C'mon BBTS don't let me down...

:D

I'm not sure how well linking to this imageboard will work, but here are some shots of the Garland with some microman figures. Some of these photos show a partially disassembled Garland so you can see some better details of how it works.

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60604214324.jpg

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60602191847.jpg

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60530180414.jpg

I'm not sure how well linking to this imageboard will work, but here are some shots of the Garland with some microman figures. Some of these photos show a partially disassembled Garland so you can see some better details of how it works.

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60604214324.jpg

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60602191847.jpg

http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/...60530180414.jpg

Forbidden 403.

Can you post the pics?

I got the Garland yesterday thanks to Neova (Thanks Anthony!!).

I had no time to sit and carefully check it but I can give you guys some first impressions. :)

The Garland is mostly ABS plastic just like the 1/48 Valks, comes with the Pilot, one Gun and the HUGE Yamato Box all full of... air.

The pilot is nicely painted but is no where near the Chirico figure Yamato made for the 1/12 Scopedoggie, so don’t expect too much. In fact the pilot was a bit of a let down for me, arms and parts falls apart all the time and he is only in "seated position". Very cool looking for display tough… but I wanted to play with the little figure…

The Bike mode is NICE. Wheels turn (somebody asked that) and it holds together nicely. The legs stay in position via Magnets... no problem with mine, it holds fine. But this is not a 1/55 ABS BRICK like the old Valks so it must be handled with some love.

The Robot mode same as the bike is totally NICE. Holds fine and there are no parts flopping around. It feels sturdy. Poseability is really-really good.

The head of the garland is fantastic, no seam lines, nice details and SENSORS!! WHY they don’t give us a VF 1S head and VF OS head like this one!! They always have to leave the stupid seam line in the middle of the face in our poor valks...

Hands are also nice; it holds the gun without problems but not strongly. Anyways it can be posed without problems.

Some people was worried about the Magnets, in my opinion they work really fine (at least in my toy), specially on the bike mode, in Robot mode only one of the two magnets (4 in total) will be used, this is not really a problem but it may "feel" loose.

Plastic is nice but Yamato used a SUPPA Glossy ABS plastic. Not like the Mate finishing of the valks. This makes it looks too Toy-ish. Despite you like this or not it looks really well made and feels high quality.

Well, you can always spray a matt coat and get rid of the glossy plastic.

It really screams for a custom job, weathering or detailing at least... it will make this bike look totally great.

Paint job is good.

This are all first impressions, so far I am really satisfied with the Garland. It is one cool toy.

Hi, I have put in a pre-order of the Garland from Twon moon anime, and I was just wondering if anyone has received any news from them? It has been a while, and today is suppose to be the release date for them, but I still haven't got any request of payment from them... I hope I get it soon...

Hi, I have put in a pre-order of the Garland from Twon moon anime, and I was just wondering if anyone has received any news from them? It has been a while, and today is suppose to be the release date for them, but I still haven't got any request of payment from them... I hope I get it soon...

I was in contact with Tam lastnight and he said that the Garlands wont show up from Yamato till sometime next week and to just be patient, when he gets his stuff he'll get them and it'll be all worth it :p

Thanks for the update!

I was in contact with Tam lastnight and he said that the Garlands wont show up from Yamato till sometime next week and to just be patient, when he gets his stuff he'll get them and it'll be all worth it :p

406919[/snapback]

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

I was in contact with Tam lastnight and he said that the Garlands wont show up from Yamato till sometime next week and to just be patient, when he gets his stuff he'll get them and it'll be all worth it tongue.gif

I WANT MY GRARLAND NOW!! NOW!!! NOW!!! :p:lol:

Edited by Skull 0ne