Valkyrie Exchange No More

Apollo Leader

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/indexb.html

I was just looking on the Valkyrie Exchange this evening to see what was up with the Yamato GBP-1S set when I saw the sad news... the Valkyrie Exchange will no longer be an online store. :(

Maybe I should have posted this in the "where to buy" forum, but it's because of Kevin's efforts since the end of the 90's that many of us have been able to build up our Macross and Robotech collections beyond what we could have thought possible. Kevin also brought us a lot of news and developments on the Toynami and Toycom fronts... every now or then, I was able to give him heads up on a few things too (such as those Popbox Macross figures in the works). ;)

In my case, I remember first e-mailing Kevin back around November of 1999, making some comments and such about his collection he had posted online. The very first thing I bought from him was a few weeks later - a CD copy of that Singapore Macross DYRL sub job. Besides all the stuff I've bought from him, Kevin often shared insider stuff with me that was unable to be posted online. It was because of him I was able to be in touch directly with George Sohn of Toynami back during its early days of operations.

Thanks, Kevin, for all the hard work and efforts you have made for Macross and Robotech fans all over. And for being a friend. :) Enjoy your time off with your wife and daughter. :)

(If this has been posted already, I apologize for repeating the news).

Oh man I think 1/2 of my new Macross purchases was through him. I even got my YF-19 through him when few were publically offering it.

Heck I didn't even know about Toycom's plan until I stumbled on his site. Well if he's gonna put his family ahead of Macross he should at least make sure to warp his child's mind with Macross.

WOW it's a sad day for Macross World collectors. Kevin was definately a diamond in the rough! I too bought at least 1/2 my Macross stuff from him. (Thanks for offering up my latest and final acquisition from Valkyrie Exchange of the MPC Blue Alpha and clear 1/48 fast pack parts!!!)

I sure am going to miss you buddy! You always went above and beyond and I for one am grateful to have done business with you, and wish you and your family all the best!!!

Sincerely,

Merrell

Hi all,

Well this is sad news, I was hoping to get the Mac 7 complete set in March or April......:( Kevin, if you read this and can help me out pm me please........... ;) I might be able to buy this in Feb........

awww...and i was planning to buy some taka toys stickers this month too. :(

All the best, Kev.

361968[/snapback]

E-mail and see what he has left. It's going to take a while for him to completely deplete his inventory...Of course he ran out of VB-6's before I could get to him...

:(

Kevin, I myself never had a chance to order from you but I do know that if I did I would be satisfied with my order. If anything this frees up time to take care of your daughter, more time for yourself, AND more time to spend with all of us on the forums! You have a well deserved break my friend, enjoy it!!!!

You spent so much time helping us enjoy our hobby, now you can have your turn to enjoy it as well(lord knows the estore took up a lot of your time, and I thank you for doing this, you made many fans happy).

wow!! Check out that low viz he had. Only 175!! ahh, the good ol days of cheaper low viz. hehe. Anyway, good luck you kevin and thanx for supplying us with valks n stuff. I hope you'll still stick around and maybe even sell off the rest of your inventory at the next MWcon! ;):D:p:lol:

We already have a lengthy thread about this that Kevin posted himself.

362015[/snapback]

Did a little bit more searching and found his announcement here.

I missed it since I don't look in that forum too terribly often. I usually look on his site every few days or so and it was just yesterday when I saw his announcement posted on the main menu page for the first time.

Not surprising he's having to call it quits (I'm at the point where I'm going to have to cut some things out of my life, too), but it's still sad that it's over. :(

LOL...I think it was being offered at $135.00!!!! I had like 30+ of them at one point..

-Kevin

PS- Thanks for the compliments guys...I am going to miss working on the store side of things....Hopefully, I'll be able to scoop out more news to offset things.

wow!! Check out that low viz he had. Only 175!! ahh, the good ol days of cheaper low viz. hehe. Anyway, good luck you kevin and thanx for supplying us with valks n stuff. I hope you'll still stick around and maybe even sell off the rest of your inventory at the next MWcon!  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

362020[/snapback]

LOL...I think it was being offered at $135.00!!!!  I had like 30+ of them at one point..

-Kevin

PS- Thanks for the compliments guys...I am going to miss working on the store side of things....Hopefully, I'll be able to scoop out more news to offset things.

wow!! Check out that low viz he had. Only 175!! ahh, the good ol days of cheaper low viz. hehe. Anyway, good luck you kevin and thanx for supplying us with valks n stuff. I hope you'll still stick around and maybe even sell off the rest of your inventory at the next MWcon!  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

362020[/snapback]

362064[/snapback]

Hey Kev, if you need help updating news or putting up collection pics, let me know. I'd like to help you build VEX as a site for macross collectors.

Like I told Kevin before, The store closing is like a nail to the coffin of MW's golden age. But the site can continue as a the start of something even greater.

I want to say to Kevin, it has been a great run for the store. I thank him for prolly half my macross goodies from him. ;) I really dont think it is the nail to the coffin IMHO. Things changes and there are different priorities... And we have to adapt. So with that, good luck to Kevin and his family. The site is still there and with it offering news and tidbits.

Douh !!!

Very bad new. All my valks came from valk exchange

I'm wondering, was I the only mexican who bought toys here?

:( Now were can I get teh 1/48 gbp? :(

Edited by Froy

Yup...cant denie it, sure brings a tear to my eye. Half of my 1/48 fleet all came from Valkyrie Exchange. Kevin was a good friend and helped me alot during my humble beginnings in collecting my Valks. Kinda ironic, back in the day i didnt even knew how to order online, and Kevin helped me out by letting me pay for the items via Western Union instead...heheh now that i finally know how to use my credit card his shop is closed hehe.

In any regards i wish Kevin Lam and his family the best of luck. I think any upstanding person would have done the same thing, and its the right thing to do.

- Jin

Keep in mind guys that Kevin's site will remain, although without the online store feature. He will try to keep it as a place to get the latest Macross information and whatnot.

-If he wants to keep traffic up though, I recommend that he have a "babe of the day" feature, or something like that to click on....

Maybe we should take this time to list other great sellers like Kevin. I'm sure Rob over at Samurai-Monkey.com would gladly take care of our toy needs, for example...

Edited by myk

Thanks, Kev, for helping me and so many other fans build up our fleets. I even added to my Transformer ranks through your store. Whenever a new Macross toy was released VE was the first place that would pop into my mind. Almost as if buying a Macross toy from somewhere else was unthinkable. :D

I'll miss your store, but I'm happy you would rather devote the time and energy to your family, which seems to be a rare quality in people these days.

Cheers!

Kevin,

Out of my 4 valkyries, we bought three of them through you..

My favorite stories:

My Girlfriend suprised me twicee with valkyries for Christmas... TWICE she was able to order exactly what I wanted, wihthout me knowing..

She knows nothing about valks, but she would call Kevin up, and he would help her out... ;)

Come Christmas, I was always totally shocked that she was able to get me exactly what I wanted, without ever asking me, or giving me the slightest clue what she was up to..

Thanks Kevin.. You made a few christmas's and Birthdays something to remember..

Goodluck with your future endeavors..