Castlevania movie coming.......

Jemstone

You know, a movie based on Castlevania might not be all that bad. There's plenty of story and interesting characters, afterall. But to be a good movie, it would have be directed by somebody else, and be not at all like the article describes. (Especially since it sounds like it's going to be an origin story that will run contrary to the origin story in Lament of Innocence.)

At least Peter Jackson is involved with the Halo movie. Maybe it'll be good, and then maybe people will wake up realize that videogame movies don't have to suck.

AvP wasn't that bad...I would have preferred for it to have stayed true to the original comic series.

As for the Castlevania movie I hope they don't spend too much rehashing the Dracula story...its a broken record imo...

With anderson I can just see the stuff im going to hate. Drac's fangs will extend furter out like the wrist blade on avp and the belmont family will be sporting g-36s instead of the famous whip and flying crosses. (runs out to the bathroom and vomits with rage)

Wasn't this movie already made last year? I think it had Hugh Jackman in it.  <_<

And I'm still waiting for my feature length adaptation of Dig Dug, dammit.

341874[/snapback]

Mrs PacMan for me :rolleyes:

341884[/snapback]

What about Bubble-Bobble, or Pong?

Wasn't this movie already made last year? I think it had Hugh Jackman in it.  <_<

And I'm still waiting for my feature length adaptation of Dig Dug, dammit.

341874[/snapback]

Mrs PacMan for me :rolleyes:

341884[/snapback]

What about Bubble-Bobble, or Pong?

341887[/snapback]

damn, straight up old school, make a new "color" version,,,speaking of which, I just donated my atari 2600 last year (still worked, played a bit of pitfall for ol times sake)

:(

a dig dug movie would be AWESOME! It's one of my most favorite games of all time. finally we can learn the motivation behind the dig dug dude and his name!

341891[/snapback]

Thanks for the support! I even have the trailer worked out in my mind...

NARRATOR: The last frontier on earth is miles below the surface...

cut to - scenes of mining and assorted labor

NARRATOR: (ctd)...but what they will find will be horror beyond all comprehension.

a miner breaks through a wall. He shines his light inside.

jump cut to: Teeth, eyes, tentacles

the miner is pulled inside, shrieking

NARRATOR: Now it is up to one man to get them out alive.

cut to:

Thomas "Dig Dug" Cutter (played by Jason Statham)

DIG DUG: If we're going to get outta 'ere alive, do exactly as I say.

jump cut to: Dig Dug fires pnumatic mining drill into creature, blowing it up real good.

DIG DUG: Whoa...

flash cuts of running, jumping, and (inexplicably) shooting full auto G36s with fancy laser sights and nightvision scopes. Heavy metal score kicks in.

NARRATOR: Jason Statham, and Michelle Rodriguiez star in the explosive video game adaptation.

cut to close up of Dig Dug:

DIG DUG: Ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!

cut to: they run away from a massive explosion, ducking just in time.

NARRATOR: Dig Dug!

cut to: close up of creature. It lunges at camera. Cut to black.

graphic: Summer 2006.

Edited by bsu legato

First the retarded Predator remake thing and now this crap...

Why don't they go remake Casablanca and stay the F*CK away from videogames until quality films win over cheap easy to make post Matrix films. If only people stopped paying to see this kind of poo…

I totally F'ing hate this, Castlevania and Ancient Ys Vanished are my 2 favorite games of all time, I am so unhappy about this being made. I wish they would leave this one alone

OH!! DEAR!!

How bout a film about a dude who runs arround small coridors munching on pills listening to phycadelic music whist being chased by Ghosts.

maybe they could do a computer game of that. :p

F all that.

Mr. DO!!!!

341909[/snapback]

Mister Driller could take Do any day of the week.

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to get a Metroid movie out so I can bitch about how badly that was f'ed up.

Of course, after Fusion, it can't be too bad.

Thanks for the support! I even have the trailer worked out in my mind...

DIG DUG: Whoa...

flash cuts of running, jumping, and (inexplicably) shooting full auto G36s with fancy laser sights and nightvision scopes. Heavy metal score kicks in.

NARRATOR: Jason Statham, and Michelle Rodriguiez star in the explosive video game adaptation.

cut to close up of Dig Dug:

DIG DUG: Ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!

cut to: they run away from a massive explosion, ducking just in time.

NARRATOR: Dig Dug!

cut to: close up of creature. It lunges at camera. Cut to black.

graphic: Summer 2006.

341904[/snapback]

Bwhahahaha. *Tears*

-Al

Tetris.

"The new shape of fear!"

Seriously though, I'm of the opinion that just about any videogame based movie could be done well, it's just that they give them to crappy writers and directors and don't even try to make something that's not just going to wind up in the bargain bins shortly after a stunted theatre run.

Just when news of some video game film adaptations was going well...

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if the video game adaptations were of crap I didn't care for. Sadly, each time I hear about video game film adaptations, some jerk like Anderson or Boll is going straight for the throat of a franchise I like. I weep for film adaptations of franchises like Half-Life if this trend of lousy filmmaking is allowed to continued unabated.

I would have prefered him to be the new 007.

That would have kicked much ass.

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to get a Metroid movie out so I can bitch about how badly that was f'ed up.

A, I think John Woo optioned the rights to Metroid, and B, I kinda liked Fusion.

I would have prefered him to be the new 007.

That would have kicked much ass.

A, I think John Woo optioned the rights to Metroid, and B, I kinda liked Fusion.

342072[/snapback]

A. Woo is like the third person to do so.

B. Ignoring the game's merits or lack thereof, it seriously broke the continuity of hte universe. There were a lot of rather blatant contradictions that were clearly the result of someone who had never seen anything but a rough outline of the Metroid franchise.

To be fair, I found Zero Mission to carry similar faults. They were just less verbal about it(and I never felt like the game was actively mocking me).

Ignoring the game's merits or lack thereof, it seriously broke the continuity of hte universe. There were a lot of rather blatant contradictions that were clearly the result of someone who had never seen anything but a rough outline of the Metroid franchise.

To be fair, I found Zero Mission to carry similar faults. They were just less verbal about it(and I never felt like the game was actively mocking me).

To be fair, then, I'd like to point out that Fusion was really my second experience with Metroid... the first having been the original. I'm mostly (blissfully) unaware of the continuity, having really only played the original, Fusion, Zero Mission, and the first Prime (and of those, only having finished Zero Mission and Fusion).

As far as the gameplay goes, yes, Fusion was a tad more linear, with the computer telling you rather obviously where you needed to go. But it was still a fun little romp.