The Xbox 360 Thread!

Hopefully I can snatch a xbox 360 premium with a game of my choice (either dead rising or gears of war) for $399 at Circuit city.

I've never gone shopping at black fridays, and CC opens at 5am, at what time do you think I should go to the store??

Hopefully I can snatch a xbox 360 premium with a game of my choice (either dead rising or gears of war) for $399 at Circuit city.

I've never gone shopping at black fridays, and CC opens at 5am, at what time do you think I should go to the store??

Just like last year, camping out will be the tactic of choice if you wanna' snag the deals.

So did anyone see the Amazon.com sale?

100$ for a core.

Woulda been a hell of a sale if A. there'd been more than a thousand of them, and B. every gaming news site in the world hadn't picked it up.

They sold out in about 30 seconds. Maybe less, the site got laggy as hell about 2 minutes before the sale went up.

So did anyone see the Amazon.com sale?

100$ for a core.

Woulda been a hell of a sale if A. there'd been more than a thousand of them, and B. every gaming news site in the world hadn't picked it up.

They sold out in about 30 seconds. Maybe less, the site got laggy as hell about 2 minutes before the sale went up.

Want a Core 360 for $100?

Amazon will have 1000 of them at that price Thanksgiving day. Part of the vote for the best deal thing every week for the next month. This is the deal that will win and be posted on Thursday.

Good luck.

:)

I did try to get on right about the top of the hour, but Amazon was totally hosed. If I could have gotten one, it would have been a gift for my brother.

For those interested, I saw several nice 360 pack-in specials for tomorrow. Gamestop will have Call of Duty 2 (Game of the Year Addition is shown in the add today) along with a one year warranty for free (best deal). Target I believe has Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter as a freebie. Shopko is including a Play and Charge kit as their special.

I tried for the Amazon deal, as did a number of my friends. They sold out FAST, although one of my friends got one. Kinda came down to luck as to when you hit reload and when the page actually loaded... it was slammed at the top of the hour.

I ended up buying an Xbox 360 anyways, though. $340 shipped for a premium system from the Dell store.

I tried for the Amazon deal, as did a number of my friends. They sold out FAST, although one of my friends got one. Kinda came down to luck as to when you hit reload and when the page actually loaded... it was slammed at the top of the hour.

Yah.

Like I said, I saw them go from "come back later" to "sold out" in 30 seconds. Was pretty much a waste of my time.

I ended up buying an Xbox 360 anyways, though. $340 shipped for a premium system from the Dell store.

Not bad.

I'm debating hitting Microcenter. There's one in my area and they have a 100$ rebate on both versions of the 360. That drops it to 300 for the full version once the rebate comes in, and Microcenter's pretty good about those.

well went to Circuit City today and got the premium system with a free dead rising.

Awesome. You are gonna love it.

I do hope you have an HDTV though. Dead Rising is not SDTV friendly(really blurry text in 480i)

yeah, i have a samsung crt hdtv 30" widescreen, was also supposed to get a free digital camera with purchase but they ran out really fast.

Yet, this is the las time I ever go shopping during black friday, doing a 2 hour line at CC to pay for my xbox was no fun.

I wasnt able to do the 360 on Amazon either but at the local

Wal-mart on Friday if you bought one before 11 am you got

a $50 gift card with the purchase that worked out great. My

brother is very happy. It was gonna be Christmas gift but

after seeing how upset he was over the loss of his car,

car finally died. Now he's playing Gears of War and Ghost

Recon. :) the system is loud though <_< Graphics look

great definately having fun. :D

If you had gone through Dell you could have gotten a 360 and a game for about $15 cheaper than you would at a store advertising the system and a free game. Moreover, if you wanted the system alone you could have saved yourself about $60. I got a 360 Premium and Gears of War all for $418.82 (that all includes the system + game + taxes + shipping and handling)

Edited by Oihan

I signed up for Gamefly, so far it's a pretty interesting way of renting games, very netflix like.

I got my first two games today, Sonic (........) and Lego starwars II (cute)

I feel so bad for sonic, he's got a GREAT opening and the game just feels like a repeat of the previous titles.

that'd be fun

Whos else is playing Gears of War? This game rocks. :)

I just got past finding the truck and now I'm in the factory section.

I cant play anymore for now so i'll get to it later this week.

[attachmentid=38627]

post-3216-1165192292_thumb.jpg

I've actually been playing Oblivion lately. Could be near the end, or need 50 more hours. :)

Next big game I'm looking forward to is Mass Effect, but I'm not optimistic it'll actually make the project Q1 '07 release. But if Mass Effect shapes up to be as good as I hope, I'll buy a new TV for it. (Yes, I'm still playing my 360 on a 20in CRT)

so my question is --- what's the next big 360 game I need to be looking out for? Gears was awesome. I hope I don't have to wait until Halo 3 for my next keeper. I read in EGM that Metal Gear may make it to the Xbox 360. Think that'll be out before Halo 3? Oh - and Mass Effect does look pretty nifty. It just won't be out for like...ever.

Question regarding Xbox Live for the 360: If I have a current Xbox Live membership, what does that transfer to in terms of Xbox Live for the 360? Is it silver, gold, or something completely irrelevant?

My son and I had Xbox Live accounts when we had our Xbox. When we switched to the 360, we were automatically upgraded to GOLD.

He can still use the original Xbox to play Halo 2 MM online while I am playing on the 360 (I get dibs on the 360 first because I can beat him down).

You just can't use the same account at the same time, whoever logs in 2nd, knocks the 1st person off.

Question regarding Xbox Live for the 360: If I have a current Xbox Live membership, what does that transfer to in terms of Xbox Live for the 360? Is it silver, gold, or something completely irrelevant?

Have you gone to xbox.com? I think they have the answers there regarding how to transfer your old Live account and stuff to the 360.

so my question is --- what's the next big 360 game I need to be looking out for? Gears was awesome. I hope I don't have to wait until Halo 3 for my next keeper. I read in EGM that Metal Gear may make it to the Xbox 360. Think that'll be out before Halo 3? Oh - and Mass Effect does look pretty nifty. It just won't be out for like...ever.

Lost Planet looks to be the next big thing. Haven't had the chance to play the multiplayer demo which went up on the Marketplace right at Thanksgiving, but it sounds like this is shaping up to be a great game.

Gears of War rocks!

look for me online

Sarge051

and I'm only playing on a 27" CRT.

and Dead Rising sucks on this TV. I should really buy a bigger TV and HD also.

oh well, Macross toys come first.

I'm part of the way through Hardcore and have 27 of the 30 Cog tags. After I beat insane, I need to play through as Dom so I'll probably hook up with somebody from Macross World in order to get the Dom achievements.

Speaking of Gears, I just found out yesterday that the guy who voices Marcus Fenix is the voice of Bender from Futurama! :o The guy has done a LOT of VA work in games and cartoons during the last decade or so.

Looks like the Halo 3 page is getting slammed. I was able to log in, but couldn't finish the registration. I'll give it another shot after work tonight.

Since getting my 360 I've been playing a lot of Phantasy Star Universe, not exactly a 'next gen' game but still a lot of fun if you enjoyed the original PSO. Also been playing the Lost Planet multiplayer demo as well. When I first played the original LP demo I was less than impressed, but after some more playtime I've really warmed up to the game. The multiplayer is pretty interesting, the Halo influence is obvious, but it has a style and pace all it's own. Really looking forward to picking it up come January.

Been late to jump on the Gears of War bandwagon, but I just ordered a copy from Buy.com. $45 after shipping, so I couldn't say no.

Looks like the Halo 3 page is getting slammed. I was able to log in, but couldn't finish the registration. I'll give it another shot after work tonight.

Since getting my 360 I've been playing a lot of Phantasy Star Universe, not exactly a 'next gen' game but still a lot of fun if you enjoyed the original PSO. Also been playing the Lost Planet multiplayer demo as well. When I first played the original LP demo I was less than impressed, but after some more playtime I've really warmed up to the game. The multiplayer is pretty interesting, the Halo influence is obvious, but it has a style and pace all it's own. Really looking forward to picking it up come January.

Been late to jump on the Gears of War bandwagon, but I just ordered a copy from Buy.com. $45 after shipping, so I couldn't say no.

If the graphics in Halo 3 are anything like those in that trailer...HOLY TOLEDO!!!

If the graphics in Halo 3 are anything like those in that trailer...HOLY TOLEDO!!!

Actually its a mix of CG and real life. It was made by some FX company in Hollywood for Bungie. But still, very awesome commercial. It will be interesting if the opening was suppose to be a flashback to the Master Chief's childhood.