The Xbox 360 Thread!

Go My Way!

Someone took the Japanese version of the Xbox 360 Smackdown game, used the character creator feature to recrate some of the characters for the Japanese 360 game The Idolmaster, and made this little movie! ^_^

Edited by Apollo Leader

I just realized last night that a bunch of Macross Worlders with 360's and GOW should have a big get together one of these evenings and play some Player matches together. Anyone interested??? Reply here or message me through your 360.

Or for those wanting to do some Rank matches together, I can send out an advanced notice on what time, number of matches, and stage I'll be playing.

I just realized last night that a bunch of Macross Worlders with 360's and GOW should have a big get together one of these evenings and play some Player matches together. Anyone interested??? Reply here or message me through your 360.

Or for those wanting to do some Rank matches together, I can send out an advanced notice on what time, number of matches, and stage I'll be playing.

Count me in!

I've been checking my e-mail and so far no Halo beta e-mail yet. :/ I was hoping to see Crackdown as a demo on the marketplace but no such luck (I haven't checked recently however)...so I don't want to spend $60 on a game I may or may not hate.

Okay, there's one! How about Friday or Saturday evening? Looks like both evenings are free for me.

As for Halo 3, I registered too, but so far I haven't gotten the invite. Might try the "3 hours of Halo 2 route" when February 1st rolls around.

Edited by Apollo Leader

I am in. I have another mic. The old one was sending too much feed back.

I'm in too. I'm usually free from 1am-5am EST (after work and baby goes to sleep at 5, I can feed him and still play)

my Gamertag:

SARGE051

Added you to my friends list while on xbox.com, but I'm not sure if it automatically sent you a friend invite or not.

Friday looks good right now. How about 8:00 central time? I'll create a player game right about that time and I'll send you all invites so make sure to be online before 8:00 central! If it would work better for a majority of people to play on Saturday night instead, let me know.

I got my Headshot achievement tonight... 2 to go! :D

I wish some of you would use your Macross World ID's for your Gamertags! That would make life so much easier! :D

Anyway Oihan (Ashmedai), Mechafan (TechGhostR6), Chowser (Sarge051), and Godzilla (Tsoumeister) are currently on the interest list. Hopefully we can get MilkManX (nice guy to play with online) and Pharohman to play too.

Unless something comes up in the next 24 hours, everyone should have their copies of GOW fired up right before 8:00 PM Central (otherwise 9:00 eastern, 7:00 Mountain, or 6:00 Pacific).

Edited by Apollo Leader

doing a raid tonight, so I probably won't be on till after 11pm EST, if I see you guys on, I'll try to get in.

That'll be 2 hours after our intended start time, but we'll see who's still playing. If anything, I'll try to meet up with you.

Again regarding tonight, I'm going to start a player match in which I'll initially set all the slots to private right before 8:00 central. From there I'll start the process of sending individual game invites to everybody.

For the late guys I'll definitely stay on.

For Oihan, Sarge, and anyone else, would you guys like to move things back two hours? Otherwise I think we'll go ahead and start at 8:00 Central. We can just make sure to go for 19 round matches to help stretch things out.

that was fun, sorry i wasn't much help, i was holding my 2 month old throughout the whole thing. at least i brought my son in. Esayess may talk too much crap, but at least he knows how to play better than I do.

That was ok. I had to put my two kids to bed first. I do not play the VS player too much in Gears. I mostly Co-op with others. I had fun and learned a little. Those last few matches with Apollo Leader we were crushing those other guys. I did not do well on the Roof top because that was the first time I played on it. Most of the other boards I knew the layout.

that was fun, sorry i wasn't much help, i was holding my 2 month old throughout the whole thing. at least i brought my son in. Esayess may talk too much crap, but at least he knows how to play better than I do.

I didn't realize it was you that had the crying kid in the background. Still it was great that you joined us. :)

Those last few matches with Apollo Leader we were crushing those other guys. I did not do well on the Roof top because that was the first time I played on it. Most of the other boards I knew the layout.

Actually it was that SpaceHarpy and "gir and pig" that seem to be cleaning up the place the last few games, but then again i wasn't doing too bad myself. B)) But it was well past 2:00 AM my time so I was starting to get a little tired.

Anyway, it was great to meet both of you guys online and I would like to try orchestrating having a bunch of us Macross Worlders play some Gears again in about two weeks or so. I'll try to throw out an exact date and time further in advance so we can try maximizing who can play. :)

Yea, that was me, while I was feeding the 2 month old, I was watching my 15 year old playing. He learned how to stick people with grenades while playing with you guys. Sorry if he was annoying, he likes to talk trash, I know he kept asking you (Apollo Leader) why you kept using the Hammer of Dawn and why you kept dying, then he got lucky and killed all four of the other team once, then he started talking more trash.

:)

Yea, that was me, while I was feeding the 2 month old, I was watching my 15 year old playing. He learned how to stick people with grenades while playing with you guys. Sorry if he was annoying, he likes to talk trash, I know he kept asking you (Apollo Leader) why you kept using the Hammer of Dawn and why you kept dying, then he got lucky and killed all four of the other team once, then he started talking more trash.

Your kid sounds awesome.

Chip off the old block perhaps?

:lol:

I find it funny if a 15 yr old was goin around cussing and scolding the 35+ yr olds noobs etc. :lol:

I remember someone giving me a hard time about using the Hammer, but I didn't see who it was that was making the comment. Don't worry, I've had people talk much worse smack and send me some nasty messages just because I was kicking their @$$ at Gears, Halo 2, etc.! :D

hey guys....i am standing at the edge of buying myself a 2nd hand XBOX 360 DOA edition. I get a free Gears Of War game with it as well and the price is cheap.

But i'm abit skeptical about buying the Xbox. For now i really just want it for GoW for being such an awesome game and perhaps future games like Army of Two, Halo 3 and Mass Effect. But are these all the games that will ever be worth playing on the 360? Looking at the history of XBOX, there weren't much games that i wanted to play on it then save Halo, Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden, so i didn't get it.

I probably don't have time to play on XboX LIVE either, which makes me wonder if i even should subscribe to XBOX LIve. What are your views, XBOX Owners?

hey guys....i am standing at the edge of buying myself a 2nd hand XBOX 360 DOA edition. I get a free Gears Of War game with it as well and the price is cheap.

But i'm abit skeptical about buying the Xbox. For now i really just want it for GoW for being such an awesome game and perhaps future games like Army of Two, Halo 3 and Mass Effect. But are these all the games that will ever be worth playing on the 360? Looking at the history of XBOX, there weren't much games that i wanted to play on it then save Halo, Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden, so i didn't get it.

I probably don't have time to play on XboX LIVE either, which makes me wonder if i even should subscribe to XBOX LIve. What are your views, XBOX Owners?

Games coming up? Knights of the Old Republic III is virtually guaranteed, and that's a game that isn't missable. The Splinter Cell games are also excellent.

Xbox Live is great for software updates and demo trials, but I don't use it much for multiplayer gaming.

I'm with you, MS didn't really cater to all gamers very well with the X-Box, sports and FPS players were fairly well taken care of, the rest of the market including platformers, rpg's, puzzle games, well they didn't get a lot of love comparatively. Hopefully they will rectify that this generation, the game I am most excited about exclusive to XBox is Blue Dragon, made by one of the visionaries behind Final Fantasy, artwork and character design by Akira Toriyama, this RPG looks stunning. scope it out, it got rave reviews in Japan, and single handed sold more 360's in Japan than any other game.

I'm with you, MS didn't really cater to all gamers very well with the X-Box, sports and FPS players were fairly well taken care of, the rest of the market including platformers, rpg's, puzzle games, well they didn't get a lot of love comparatively. Hopefully they will rectify that this generation, the game I am most excited about exclusive to XBox is Blue Dragon, made by one of the visionaries behind Final Fantasy, artwork and character design by Akira Toriyama, this RPG looks stunning. scope it out, it got rave reviews in Japan, and single handed sold more 360's in Japan than any other game.

Yeah but Gears of War sold out 33,000 copies in Japan in a week. That is nutz!

Hey, does anybody know when Bladestorm is coming out for the 360? I really wanna' play that game bad!!!!!

Oh and by the way, after consideration, I've decided not to buy a PS3 probably for a few years. Until then, may the 360 keep me happy.

Mass Effect. Could easily be game of the year for me. Current release guesses are anywhere from May to August. :p

Yes - that one does look good. And I hope it is. The only RPG I've played for the 360 is uhm, what was it called... oh yeah, "Enchanted Arms." That game was so incredibly awful I got irrate that they'd actually sell it at reputable stores.

Last night I got the "Tubes" achievement so I now have 48 of the 49 achievements at GOW. Right now I believe only 100-200 people have gotten all 49 while only a few thousand have gotten 48. Since I'm at about 2,800 kills right now, at the rate I'm currently I should have the final achievement sometime this spring. I'm still enjoying the game so I think I have the energy and determination to do this. But I probably will be going back to some of my past games like COD3 and GRAW and get those beat through.