The Xbox 360 Thread!

Last night I got the "Tubes" achievement so I now have 48 of the 49 achievements at GOW. Right now I believe only 100-200 people have gotten all 49 while only a few thousand have gotten 48. Since I'm at about 2,800 kills right now, at the rate I'm currently I should have the final achievement sometime this spring. I'm still enjoying the game so I think I have the energy and determination to do this. But I probably will be going back to some of my past games like COD3 and GRAW and get those beat through.

Damn. Well I need to start on the multiplayer GoW. I just finished CoD2 last week but not really been playing much. You play Rainbow 6 Vegas?

hey guys....i am standing at the edge of buying myself a 2nd hand XBOX 360 DOA edition. I get a free Gears Of War game with it as well and the price is cheap.

But i'm abit skeptical about buying the Xbox. For now i really just want it for GoW for being such an awesome game and perhaps future games like Army of Two, Halo 3 and Mass Effect. But are these all the games that will ever be worth playing on the 360? Looking at the history of XBOX, there weren't much games that i wanted to play on it then save Halo, Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden, so i didn't get it.

I probably don't have time to play on XboX LIVE either, which makes me wonder if i even should subscribe to XBOX LIve. What are your views, XBOX Owners?

Try Lost Planet. I am currently playing it and wow what an awesome game. I actually like it better than GoW. It has what GoW is missing...and thats awesome boss fights against enormous monsters and mecha. GoW could have been so much better in the boss fight area. I mean the Corpser fight is a joke. Then there is that monster with the huge cannon on its back at the end of Act 4 that could have been another great boss battle. But noooo it just comes out in a short scene and thats it.

Yeah I mentioned the mecha. The mecha design on this game is really good. Its fun to get in one of them and blast away at whatever comes my way. Overall fun game. Other future releases you should consider checking out are: Crackdown, BulletWitch, Halo 3, and GRAW2. GRAW 2's demo is up and I downloaded it today. Havent had time to play it yet but the first one was great.

Damn. Well I need to start on the multiplayer GoW. I just finished CoD2 last week but not really been playing much. You play Rainbow 6 Vegas?

Haven't and probably won't, but I did download the demo. Also got to get to work on Lost Planet. Also want to get back to DOA4, Over G Fighters, Chromehounds, and Lego Star Wars II... choices! ^_^

Other then briefly sticking in COD2 late in December, I have only been playing Gears non stop since after Thanksgiving. Been so obsessed with getting all its achievements and it's just been so fun to play! :D I have spent some time with plenty of the XBLA games I have. Heavy Weapon and Assult Heroes I highly recommend. :)

The more I played GOW the less I liked the multiplayer. Singe player was fun, but GOW was too frustrating and had too many stupid quirks than only managed to piss me off. I enjoy the Lost Planet multiplayer a lot more, although I haven't been playing that much online either.

Anyone download the Battlestations: Midway demo? Takes a while to get used to, but it seems like an awesome game.

Just a reminder that the Halo "Rule of 3" promo started today. Basically play 3 hours of Halo 2 on your 360 during today through Friday then be amongst the first 13,333 to register at http://halo3.com on February 5th and you will secure a chance to be part of the Halo 3 multiplayer beta. Looks like I may have to give up GOW for a few hours. :D

Then of course you could go out and get Crackdown in a few weeks.

I have 30 for Gears of War and only want 2 more. I do not care to get the multiplayer ones.

Godzilla,

I am playing Vegas now on realistic. Did you want to try co-op or multiplayer?

I need to play on realistic. I finished on normal for coop and single. Let me know when you wanna play.

I preordered Crackdown. So I am in. I look at it as a bonus. Crackdown is going to be a nice game. The demo rocks! Crackdown was more fun to play than Superman.

I love CRACKDOWN!

I thought it was gonna be lackluster but it really surprised me. I never got into GTA but I can get into strange Veirhoven supercop open end game!

So much fun!

Lets do some Co-Op when the retail hits!

I haven't had the chance to play the Crackdown demo, but word so far on it sounds favorable. One of the guys who created the GTA series headed this up so it should have potential. Of course the first round of copies of Crackdown will let you get access to the Halo 3 beta, so extra bonus! :)

Let me know when you wanna play.

Sure I'll add you to my friends list.

Lets do some Co-Op when the retail hits!

No problem, I plan on playing this for a while like I do Gears of War. I never got into GTA or Saints Row but this is a lot of fun. In the demo once I got my jumping to 25+ feet I stopped driving and started leaping from building to building. Hitting people and knocking them 50ft away is fun too.

Big news! I got my e-mail invite last night to be part of the Halo 3 Beta! :D I successfully got in 3 hours of online gameplay of Halo 2 between the 1st and 3rd and I was successful in being amongst the first 13,333 to register last week. Looks like I'll be playing Halo 3 in the next few months. :)

BTW, who would be interested in another evening of Gears of War playing later this week? I think either Friday or Saturday evening should work.

post-342-1171381386_thumb.jpg

Ditto! Guess I can cancel my preorder of Crackdown.

re: GOW: I'm working this weekend, if I get home early enough and you guys are online, I'll join in. Esayess has alot of school work to catch up on so he won't be joining.

post-479-1171382441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chowser

BTW, who would be interested in another evening of Gears of War playing later this week? I think either Friday or Saturday evening should work.

Congrats Apollo Leader and Chowser on the 2nd round. My Crackdown is coming.

Friday night after 10:30pm est looks good and Saturday looks good. kids will be gone. :D

Hi all, finally got a 360, and until I experienced it first hand, I couldn't believe how hot the thing got.

Just wondering if a cooling unit is recommended, and if yes which is a good one?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

I've had the Intercooler since about the time it came out... it DID seem to help with some of the Oblivion lockups that may or may not have been heat related (of course, shortly after I bought this, Bethesda released a patch that also helped lockups, so who knows). It does make the console a little cooler and it hasn't caused any problems. It's not really that much noisier either (although one of the fans can be noisy until it gets going for 30-60 seconds... it's pretty cheaply made).

The thing to remember about either of the two fan devices is that they are ONLY extra fans to help the air flow. If you place the 360 in a place thats really warm with no airflow, they won't help at all and might make things worse as the outer shell of the console won't be able to directly give off heat.

The best way to handle 360 heat is to first make sure the console sits in a relatively cool, well ventilated location with space around it (not easy if you want to place it in your entertainment set, mind you). No amount of extra fans are really going to help if it just keeps sucking in the same hot air it let out seconds ago.

I was going to get an Xbox 360, then I wasn't... now with all this f'ing snow in my area and frigid temps abounding for the past month out of sheer boredom I bought an Xbox 360.

Been playing by myself for a few weeks but finally chucked up the cash for an online gold membership. I have yet to play an online game but here is my "gamer card" for those who want to include me in their shenanigans:

IPB Image

I have to warn you though, I suck at almost all the games I own and I tend to cuss a lot. :ph34r:

I only own Gears of War, Tony Hawk and Dead Rising... as well as some of the cheapie download games.

I was going to get an Xbox 360, then I wasn't... now with all this f'ing snow in my area and frigid temps abounding for the past month out of sheer boredom I bought an Xbox 360.

Been playing by myself for a few weeks but finally chucked up the cash for an online gold membership. I have yet to play an online game but here is my "gamer card" for those who want to include me in their shenanigans:

IPB Image

I have to warn you though, I suck at almost all the games I own and I tend to cuss a lot. :ph34r:

I only own Gears of War, Tony Hawk and Dead Rising... as well as some of the cheapie download games.

Well, hopefully we can all get together again at some date and play some GoW. I missed the last chance.

The first night I took it home I notice how hot it got. The next day I ran and got the Nyko Intercooler. There is also a Fan Stand.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802205

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802176

I've read that the Intercooler has been known to start fires.... How's it working out for you so far?

I played the demo for crackdown. I didn't really like it. Its like a dumbed down version of GTA but filled with lots of "powerup" RPG style things. I was fighting a boss, i got caught in a grenade explosion and flew 2 city blocks then into the sea. (WTF?!) Made me have to swim back to shore and get back to the boss. >_<

I played the demo for crackdown. I didn't really like it. Its like a dumbed down version of GTA but filled with lots of "powerup" RPG style things. I was fighting a boss, i got caught in a grenade explosion and flew 2 city blocks then into the sea. (WTF?!) Made me have to swim back to shore and get back to the boss. >_<

Took me a couple plays to really enjoy Crackdown. Building up your strength to kick around cars or upgrading your agility to leap crazy far is really fun. Probably the first GTA clone to be really interesting and different, IMO, in that it's more interesting to get around on foot than to drive.

I've been checking out all these Crackdown videos and it really looks a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I've been focused like a laser beam trying to go for 10,000 on Gears of War... I need about another 6,600 kills! :(

Mechafan/Techghost, thanks for inviting me to play last night. I wish all those kills would have been ranked kills to count for my achievement; I was kicking some serious butt! But, hey, it was a lot of fun. :)

Thanks for joining the Gears game last night Mechafan. Most of those guys are from another forum I go to. Neo-Geo.com

Crackdown tommarow!!

Thanks for the invite I had fun.

I've been checking out all these Crackdown videos and it really looks a lot of fun.

Mechafan/Techghost, thanks for inviting me to play last night.

It was great playing again.

My Crackdown is on the way. Amazon.com has already shipped it. I should have it very soon. This is going to take up a lot of my time.

Anyone play Lost Planet yet?

I was playing it at at a EB booth, it was fun but the health system is kind of piss off as you have a time limit.

But damn it was fun, until I died of course. :(

The graphics are really comparitive with GoW, but in other news if you guys did not hear.

Epic co-founder Mark Rein has confirmed to the gaming world that his company's super-popular Xbox 360 hit, Gears of Wars, will be making its way to the PC.

Eventually.

Gears has always been touted as an Xbox 360 exclusive, and its brand cachet and graphical awesomeness has seen it sell over two million copies in the short time its been on sale. Epic's position has always been that it would say 360 only. Until now.

Good news for people who dont't own a 360.

Source

Edit: GoW PC Info.

Edited by Ishimaru

Good news for people who dont't own a 360.

Source

Edit: GoW PC Info.

well, hopefully since it's Epic and not MS, this won't require VISTA to run. Someone told me that you needed VISTA to run Halo 2 on the PC. Not a problem since I have VISTA, but I am debating installing XP over VISTA, but since it's a work computer, they probably won't allow it. Wonder if I can set up a dual-boot system on it. Guess I should take that topic over to the computer thread.

:)