The Xbox 360 Thread!

well, hopefully since it's Epic and not MS, this won't require VISTA to run. Someone told me that you needed VISTA to run Halo 2 on the PC. Not a problem since I have VISTA, but I am debating installing XP over VISTA, but since it's a work computer, they probably won't allow it. Wonder if I can set up a dual-boot system on it. Guess I should take that topic over to the computer thread.

:)

Maybe, people won't be on Vista till around 2008, so not putting it to XP would really cut sales.

And by the way what computer thread? :huh:

You guys got together again on GoW w/o ME? :/

It was a spur of the moment thing. He was in a Player match and I had just fired up my 360 and was just firing up the game when I got an invite.

So how does 10:00 Central time Friday night work for everyone? I'll start a Player match and invite all Macross Worlders that I see.

Crackdown.

Clever name. The damn game is like crack! Hours go by playing this. Especially Co-Op!

Milk, if you need someone to help you get your Dom achievement on GOW or just need co-op help beating the game on the harder levels, let me know. :) Ditto if you want some vs. play.

As for Crackdown, as soon as I can pull myself away from going for 10,000 kills on GOW, I'll give that a spin. Still need to get back to playing Lost Planet, COD 3, GRAW, DOA4, et al some day... :D

Anyone heard anything else about the Mobile ops: One year war game? Damn it looks cool and I want it BAD!!!!!!!

Gamestop's website still shows next month, but I extremely doubt it. It's been months since the last time any new pictures or details came out. Hopefully the original Japanese name of the game will be restored to this game, but at the very least I would like to see "Gundam" somewhere in this title.

I hope by some chance that the Koei Gundam will get ported to the 360.

It was a spur of the moment thing. He was in a Player match and I had just fired up my 360 and was just firing up the game when I got an invite.

So how does 10:00 Central time Friday night work for everyone? I'll start a Player match and invite all Macross Worlders that I see.

I may be going to "The Who" concert here in Reno.... I'll try to make it this time around if not.

Edit: I will be going to "The Who" concert after all. Don't suppose you guys could push the date back by one day (joke)? ^_^ I guess I'll have to catch you guys at another time.

Edited by Oihan

Oihan, you're going to see The Who instead of playing with us?!?!? Where's your priorities, man!?!? :blink: Seriously, enjoy the concert. :)

I have to run out in a few minutes to do an errand, but I should be back before 10:00, if not, I should be online sometime after 10:00.

I've spent the last two days vegging out and playing Crackdown, and I gotta say this is one hell of a game. Initially it seems a bit shallow, but after maxing out all my stats (except for driving arrgh, still stuck at two stars) it's just a ton of fun. It's by far the best GTA wannabe, and in a lot of ways I'd say it's vastly superior to the GTA series.

It's just so much... fun. There's always something you can find to mess around with or blow up, or climb up. I've probably enjoyed the climbing aspect the most, and climbing to the top of the AGency HQ was very cool.

All in all what I expected to be a mediocre game that came for free with the Halo 3 beta has turned out to be a fantastic game in it's own right.

T-U-R-T-L-E Power, T-U-R-T-L-E Power, T-U-R-T-L-E Power...

Pictures have surfaced that Konami may be bringing the original TMNT arcade game to XBLA! But as Joystiq points out, Ubisoft has the rights to the current generation TMNT games so whether Konami could release it right now remains to be seen.

After Symphony of the Night, Super Contra, and Rush'n Attack, here's hoping that Turtles in Time, the Simpsons arcade, and the GI Joe arcade game hit XBLA! :)

Just started Rainbow 6 Vegas. Pretty good game. Tried co-op with 3 other friends on the dam mission (pun intended) but we keep getting our asses kicked. The AI is cheating as heck as they know when you're coming through the door and can pop a SPAS12 in your head faster than you could get back into cover. >_<

Just started Rainbow 6 Vegas. Pretty good game. Tried co-op with 3 other friends on the dam mission (pun intended) but we keep getting our asses kicked. The AI is cheating as heck as they know when you're coming through the door and can pop a SPAS12 in your head faster than you could get back into cover. >_<

Haha, the game can be tough. The only Live games I have are Halo 2, Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Call of Duty 3. Ashmedai is my gametag; always looking for someone to game with. (Gaming by yourself is not that much fun if you ask me).

Anyone know how the Halo 3 beta invite is going to work? You can only have one beta on one console correct?

i.e. You can't use one gamertag on one console with an invite, then use a second gamertag on the same console with the Crackdown invite? Which would probably make sense, so anyone want my sealed and new Crackdown with Halo 3 beta invite? I won't be needing it. I forgot I preordered and paid for it awhile back. No refunds, so I'm stuck with a game I don't need.

Anyone know how the Halo 3 beta invite is going to work? You can only have one beta on one console correct?

i.e. You can't use one gamertag on one console with an invite, then use a second gamertag on the same console with the Crackdown invite? Which would probably make sense, so anyone want my sealed and new Crackdown with Halo 3 beta invite? I won't be needing it. I forgot I preordered and paid for it awhile back. No refunds, so I'm stuck with a game I don't need.

Why do you not want to play Crackdown? I had the impression everyone thinks of it as a fantastic game.

Why do you not want to play Crackdown? I had the impression everyone thinks of it as a fantastic game.

I tried the demo and to me it was ok. I was never into the GTA games, and this reminds me of GTA.

With a new baby in the house, game time is very limited these days.

I tried the demo and to me it was ok. I was never into the GTA games, and this reminds me of GTA.

With a new baby in the house, game time is very limited these days.

It's actually more like GTA meets Hulk Ultimate Destruction. Once you power up your guy, he does superhuman things; jumping from rooftop to rooftop, picking up cars, etc.

I'll probably pick it up when it comes down in price. I have enough games I haven't finished as is.

T-U-R-T-L-E Power, T-U-R-T-L-E Power, T-U-R-T-L-E Power...

Pictures have surfaced that Konami may be bringing the original TMNT arcade game to XBLA! But as Joystiq points out, Ubisoft has the rights to the current generation TMNT games so whether Konami could release it right now remains to be seen.

After Symphony of the Night, Super Contra, and Rush'n Attack, here's hoping that Turtles in Time, the Simpsons arcade, and the GI Joe arcade game hit XBLA! :)

It's official, TMNT arcade on 360! :)

TMNT Arcade is the greatest game ever--IF you have 4 people. I might try to get my 360 setup for Live tonight. I call Donatello!

It was kinda annoying when team mates kept flying kick and "super spin attack" you. >_<

Not that they could help it sometimes.

My xbox 360 doesn't come on anymore. It just flashes red lights. I just bought Crackdown. I didn't even get a chance to play the f--kin' thing. I am not pleased. :angry: And I'm REALLY not pleased, because I've barely played the dam-ed system since I bought it several months back. I only own Gears of War and now Crackdown. I swear, if I can get my money back I'm gonna' get a PS3. This is BS!

My xbox 360 doesn't come on anymore. It just flashes red lights. I just bought Crackdown. I didn't even get a chance to play the f--kin' thing. I am not pleased. :angry: And I'm REALLY not pleased, because I've barely played the dam-ed system since I bought it several months back. I only own Gears of War and now Crackdown. I swear, if I can get my money back I'm gonna' get a PS3. This is BS!

So you're gonna get your money back only to spend that plus $200 more for a paperweight? Why not just send in your 360 and get it repaired? I'm sure it's still under warranty. I've had mine for 3 months now and God only knows how many hours I've spent on it...yet it still runs perfectly fine. It's one of the older models too.

So you're gonna get your money back only to spend that plus $200 more for a paperweight? Why not just send in your 360 and get it repaired? I'm sure it's still under warranty. I've had mine for 3 months now and God only knows how many hours I've spent on it...yet it still runs perfectly fine. It's one of the older models too.

I've been cruising the web and reading similar horror stories about xbox 360's crapping out like crazy. Fortunately, I "bought" a replacement policy from game crazy, and I'm taking this thing back tomorrow. Seriously, I think I had my 360 for 3 months. I've owned lots of video game systems, and the only ones I've ever had crap out on me were two different original X-boxes, and now my 360. There's something very wrong with microsoft. I read one website - http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/02/x...l#comment-43727

Where a guy had I believe 6 out of 7 systems croak on him. I think the 360's an amazing machine... but I don't want mine anymore, this is ridiculous, especially considering how much $$$$ I've forked over for the thing. I wish I hadn't opened f--king crackdown, because now I can't get a refund. It's funny, because I hadn't even played my 360 for over a month.

Oh, and the good thing about the older models, is that if you have a 360 manufactured before 2006, repairs are free. If you have one manufactured 2006 and after, you pay 100+ dollars to get it fixed. I believe the replacement policy I purchased (THANK GAWD) lets me have one trade-in, and that's it. I'll use my good fortune (good fortune that cost me an extra 50 bucks) to get rid of this machine as soon as I get my new one. Final Fantasy 13 will be better than the entire 360 library put together anyway probably.

Note: I'll be patiently waiting for the next victim to come forward here on Mworld and speak of their beloved deceased.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

i got a question what is xbox360 v.2 "Zephyr" what makes it diff from the original 360? and is it better?

I believe you're refering to the newer, cooler running chipset that in the end is more efficient than the current model. Heat reduction is the theme for the new version...

I guess you have the dreaded 3ROD problem (3 Rings Of Death) which Microsoft has 1 to 1 replacement policy. Not sure what causes it though. Mine is 6 months old ( i bought 2nd hand) and no such problems yet.

I guess you have the dreaded 3ROD problem (3 Rings Of Death) which Microsoft has 1 to 1 replacement policy. Not sure what causes it though. Mine is 6 months old ( i bought 2nd hand) and no such problems yet.

I'll tell you what caused my red ring of death, in great detail: system sat on a shelf in dry, room temperature climate with minimal exposure to sunlight, without being touched, or talked/sung to for a long period of time. Then the tray was opened, a brand new game was placed inside, the tray was closed, and the power button was pushed. Voila! 3 eerie red lights appeared where there should have been green (I asked my wife if she believed Satan could possess an Xbox at that moment) and then nothing happened. And nothing will happen, until I either machete my way through Microsofts' red tape to get my 360 repaired, or go trade in my useless one for a new or refurbished system at Game Crazy. I'm hoping for new, and then I'll ask for an immediate refund. If they won't refund my money, then I wonder if anybody around Mworld would like to buy an [Xbox 360 w/hard drive + 2 wireless remotes +headset +ethernet cable + HD/AV cable <---all brand new] +Gears of War + (brand new) Crackdown + Gears of War carrying case (brand new) + USB cooling fan attachment (brand new) + DVD remote.... I think that's everything.... for OOoh... let's say, around 600 bucks?

-- I forgot to throw in "Free Xbox Live Silver."

Edited by GutsAndCasca

i got a question what is xbox360 v.2 "Zephyr" what makes it diff from the original 360? and is it better?

I believe the "Zephyr" is suppose to be rumored 360 which has an HDMI port and a much larger hard drive.

Edited by Apollo Leader