1/48 Cannon Fodder is here!

Neova

So let me get this right....Yamato messed up the coloring of the CF pilots huh? From what i remember the CF pilots colors is green right?

Hmm...actually if someone like Godzilla could make their own Kakizaki by simply using parts from a VF-1J Hikaru. Just remove the red stripe on the chest and color the tail fins in brown and ur done!

- Jin

Well I will eventually change the pilots colors to green when I do my DYRL custom too bad they don't sell the pilot figures from the DYRL toy lie separetely I liked the improved pilot figure from my VF-1S Hikaru. I wonder if anyone made a mold of the figure. ;) Oh yeah the CF pilots wore red, yellow and green. if anyone remembers in episode 2 in macross before getting blasted a CF pilot had a red/white helmet+pilotsuit

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Hey! We've got a FastReply option now! Happy happy joy joy...

Anyways, ON topic... I am soo happy to see this come out. If it's avaliable there Neova, any idea how long it'll take for it to come stateside, and then be ready for realese from someone like BBTS? I just heard that my decals shipped, so I am really excited to get this bad boy, slap my name on the cockpit, and then try out weathering a valk...

The box art maybe not be to everyone's liking but I must have the CF. It would be just be different without any CF but having all the other "ace" valkyrie. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle without a piece. I do not even care whether it is a limited edition or otherwise. :)

Anyone got anymore pics of the new cannon fodder? I'm really keen to see how the shade of brown they've used holds up in battroid and gerwalk mode. (tnx 4 the pics hayao kakizaki - was the first one you posted the non-custom CF?)Someone should do a review on the thing with regards to fit and finish. I wonder if anyone knows for sure if this is a limited release or not?

Eww...why is the heatshield color so off from the rest of the figure? That looks weird... shame about the UN SPACY markins too, guess that's one more thing to have to decal. And I don't mind teh feet that color... I figure they should all have dark color feet engines anyways...

Eww...why is the heatshield color so off from the rest of the figure?  That looks weird... shame about the UN SPACY markins too, guess that's one more thing to have to decal.  And I don't mind teh feet that color... I figure they should all have dark color feet engines anyways...

329294[/snapback]

the heatshield you looks weird is because it's paint on the back side of the clear

plastic, and photo under flashlight:)

Man I had to get a couple of new FP's to be able to dress my 4 CF's :)

Man this hooby costs a lot of money if you want to have everything right down to last detail. So Far, each and everyone of my 1/48 have their respective FP. I'm fixing to make a low-vis FP. I have the impression that the blue does not go well with grey. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll try it anyway.

V!C

I think CF look better without FP. More as ground fighters who guard an area on land as a giant soldier, then when the time comes they transform into a fighter jet to dogfight enemy fighters or to attack from the air, or to haul ass to a new location quickly. (having no need for fast packs unless they were in space)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My VF-1A should arrive in about a week; man, I can't wait. I bought an extra set of FAST packs (from Hikaru VF-1J) a while back and have been saving them until Yamato finally got around to producing the cannon fodder VF-1A (my personal fave).

If you have the TV FAST packs and the VF-1A, can you please post a couple pics for me?

Edited by Sephiroth

hi all!!

just wondering if anyone can answer my question....is the 1/48 CF really a convention exclusive or just a regular release? am really confused about this issue

thanks and much appreciated!

329687[/snapback]

For now this is a normal release. There was some limited ed version or something coming out supposedly, not sure about that. Maybe green pilot version? :lol: