What I LIKE about Macross 7

Agent ONE

But people wouldn't accept "... and they all lived happily ever after" so he finally gave up and said "... and they all fell down a black hole and died" or some relative thereof.

367981[/snapback]

And if you cannot accept that either, you can join the 3 in that black hole and find out what happen to them.

http://macross.anime.net//feedback/index.html#200602

The official answer is: "God knows."

Now back to something M7 related. Hikaru's voice actor, Arihiro Hase did a cameo in M7 as one of Mylene's boyfriends. Sadly though, Mr. Hase did pass away in 1996. Ms. Ijima still keeps in touch with Mr. Hase's mother, so feel free to ask when she's at a con.

Kawamori didn't kill off Hikaru, Misa, & Minmay, just wanted to make sure they were far enough from any other Macross project so as to instantly kill any hope of them popping up.

As for Milia's flight suit, why wouldn't she be allowed to chang it to a different style in 30 years?

Gubaba - I don't know why, but Gubaba is one of the coolest characters in Macross 7. Probably because he was basically just a mirror/ accentuator of Mylene's various emotional states, but despite the fact that he's a rat, he's more catlike than anything. Gubaba could care less about every other living human onboard City 7.......except for Mylene (and for some reason, Basara).

I got really scared in that episode when the crowd were running around panicking in one of the resort ships and gubaba was like jumping around trying to get away almost about to get stepped on. Imagine if somebody crushed him? Strangely enough, I think that was the scariest thing to happen in the whole tv series. :D Not the dinosaur that wrestled the battriod or any of the recycled dogfights, or the PD themselves but the fear that gubaba might get killed in a stampede.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hmm:

Story: Does exactly what a sequel should, mind what happened before, whle expanding upon it, all the while not re-hashing. Macross 7 stays true to everything which came before it.

Characters: All deep & well thought out, all have their place in the story, and none (except for the last 2 protodevelin) are filler (even then, one of the last 2 protodevelin was voiced by Hikaru's Seiyuu, so remember that everytime you hear that annoying ass laugh). I especially enjoyed Basara, one of the few main protagonists in any story who isn't screwed up in some way or another. He's already got his sh!t together before the story starts, and everyone else has to catch up to him.

Pacing: Despite what some thing, the story flows exactly as it should. Some seem to have a problem with the first 10 episode story arc, not understanding that it's all setup for the bigger plot that takes over directly after. A good story needs setup to have effective impact, and everything there serves that purpose. It wouldn't have made sense to have an effect on people from the get go, nor would it have been as interesting to stumble upon the Protoculture ruins too early, or learn just who the Protodevelin were.

Mecha: I love the VF-19 Kai as well, and there's nothing in the mecha hand book that says mecha can't have faces. While it's not my absolute favorite, it is definately up there. Though I can't say I like what was done with the wings on the VF-19S & F varients, the stubbyness doesn't suit the design well at all.

Music: While Planet Dance is played a good number of times, anyone would be hard pressed to find a show of equal or lessor length that has anywhere near as many original tracks. Bebop would be about the only series that compares. And while style is subjective, I highly enjoy it.

ETC.

325327[/snapback]

This pretty much sums it up. I love the music, love the mecha, love the chars, and, yes, I liked Gubaba. :lol: Story was good, although a bit confusing at times.

As for Milia's flight suit, why wouldn't she be allowed to chang it to a different style in 30 years?

Because it didn't match the VF anymore. :p

368188[/snapback]

Ah, but it does match her VF-11 (which unfortunately she doesn't have with her at this point in the series, but was quite awesome in the Top Gamlin short).

368188[/snapback]

Ah, but it does match her VF-11 (which unfortunately she doesn't have with her at this point in the series, but was quite awesome in the Top Gamlin short).

368476[/snapback]

Touché.

Clearly she should've kept 2 flightsuits, and worn the vintage-style one with the J and the modern one in the 11. :p

368188[/snapback]

368476[/snapback]

Touché.

Clearly she should've kept 2 flightsuits, and worn the vintage-style one with the J and the modern one in the 11. :p

368613[/snapback]

Maybe that one didn't quite fit her figure anymore....I mean, she did have 7 kids....Those hips probably aren't quite the same as 30 years ago, not to mention other body parts....

368188[/snapback]

368476[/snapback]

Touché.

368613[/snapback]

Maybe that one didn't quite fit her figure anymore....I mean, she did have 7 kids....Those hips probably aren't quite the same as 30 years ago, not to mention other body parts....

368669[/snapback]

Well, Zentraedi women are probaly built a little tougher than normal. She could have twenty kids and still look good.

:p

• 3 weeks later...
You know what would be cool?

If we had a Macross 7 Topic that wasn't based on:

"Loving or Hating it?" or "Having Just seen it"

Or is that the only things people care to talk about refering to Macross 7.

374367[/snapback]

so true! well, sometimes theres a few questions about the various valks that pop up in M7, as well as characters too.

374367[/snapback]

hard to say.

It's one of those provocative series that seems to always come down to personal preference.

Unfortunately, far too many carry a blind love or hate for it in its entirety.

There doesn't seem to be too many middle of the road fans.

I liked parts of it and didn't like other parts.

I'm just not interested in debating the minutia with Keith, over my personal criticisms of the show, after every post I make... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

374367[/snapback]

I sense that you would love to close this theard !

374657[/snapback]

no, cuz then another like it will take it's place.

374367[/snapback]

I sense that you would love to close this theard !

374657[/snapback]

no, cuz then another like it will take it's place.

374658[/snapback]

just like always....