New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

*shrugs shoulders* Sure.  :)

To those of you who can read toysdaily, could you guys translate and explain what are they saying in their forums?

394185[/snapback]

Part of them thinks its dope,

a few are asking if the pricing will hit a thousand $HKD,

some complain abt the chicken hands saying yamato makes 1st grade valks, but 9th grade hands,

quite a portion sez that the valk is too plasticky for their liking.

KJ

394243[/snapback]

Thanks BlueMax, you're a gold. :)

Looks like Yamato will always make chicken hands. Just wondering, does the release come with addtional fixed pose hands? I doubt there are but if there is it would be cool.

Damn that box size, crap you'd think Yamato would learn by now people really hate the size of that fragging oversized box!

I agree with that. What they should do is make the cardboard box very thick but make the box smaller. Ah, well.

Looking forward to reading reviews of this. I can't see much reason it would be any more delicate than the 1/48.

As for the plastic complaint: if it were up to me I would force yamato to make all thier toys plastic. Don't get me wrong, I like heavy toys too like the Masterpiece prime, but even that has flaws from the added weight. And given how easy the paint chips (yf21) I would rather the saving go to improving other stuff. (when gbp/reactive armor is added for example, it will be pretty punishing on the joints I imagine)

The only thing I hope they take into consideration is joint stiffness. I didnt mind that the Qrau was plastic, so much that mine can get loose hips so it might be hard to keep it standing without deliberately leaning the thing forward. Now imagine for example if the legs were diecast? If you want to pose yours with its legs spread out using one of those stands to make it look like it is flying in space, (but its body is tilted at a dramatic angle to give an impression of speed) I imagine that the legs would droop down towards the ground all the time because of the weight, limiting posability. Some people like to have thier robots doing more than just standing up on the ground on two legs. (although most galleries I've seen never really pose them "floating in space")

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

wow..

yesterday i ws lurking like at 7:45pm and now i come and see a lot of beautiful pictures.

BTW another quick question: wich parts are metal? just to know if there is gonna be parts that won´t look good once the paint starts to fall.

man i can't wait, specially since i went to the bank in the morning to retire cash to pay fo it.

nerds.

heh heh.

me too!

but, true fighter mode looks great. the battloid mode is just straight...the robot looks too stiff. and yamato better have tightened the ankles because these 1/48 are just too wobbly...especially with the GBP armor.

and the box...sheeesh man! we're paying over $150 for this thing...man, those guys can sure use some new fresh graphic designers. and one can't even display the box because it's huge.

i know it's too early to judge, so i'm waiting for mine from tmpanime and we'll see.

Enough with the boxes.  They should start using open-box type packaging like it is with the Alternators...

394365[/snapback]

I'd like to see a "clam shell" style so you can open and close the box and reduction in size

striderhiryu: No parts are metal except the swingbars like the 1/48.

They can keep the box...but they also can make it smaller. I guess its cause they wanna display all the parts you'll be getting with it hence the size. They can fold the wings, put all the missiles behind the valk and it will greatly reduce the size, but presentation wise may not be as nice. XD

LERX---best guess we can make on what to call that thin grey part right ahead of the intakes. The F-5, F-18, F-20, and Harrier II have LERX's. Leading Edge Root eXtension. (I say Flankers have chines, like an F-16, not LERXes)

But since the VF-0's actually comes from the intake, and is inboard and ahead of the wing LE root itself, I don't really know what to call it, and there's no exact real-life equivalent.

I personally would probably call it an intake lip extension.

Phew!!! The $160 bucks was worth it after all :rolleyes:

Looks like it comes with the piece needed for the Yamato display stand. Nice touch from Yamato.

394537[/snapback]

Phew!!!  The $160 bucks was worth it after all :rolleyes:
Looks like it comes with the piece needed for the Yamato display stand. Nice touch from Yamato.

394537[/snapback]

394540[/snapback]

Crikey moses, so that was why it was $160 USD.

Phew!!!  The $160 bucks was worth it after all :rolleyes:

394537[/snapback]

394540[/snapback]

Crikey moses, so that was why it was $160 USD.

394554[/snapback]

I wonder if that piece will fit the older yamato stands. I say recast that thing if it only comes with the vf-0s. I'd buy a few.

If you guys look closely at the pics, there seems to be a large dark thingy behind the plastic tray. Is it me or does the mac zero valk come with a display stand????????????

394617[/snapback]

ha ha, don't think in this way, u will disapoint,

this obviously is just the outside box next to the inner tray,

can u see that now? :p

just come with the new clip which for vf-0 only,use this for the display stand,

this new clip can mount the VF-0 with gunpod in fighter mode :)

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

Arrgh, I am getting ready to buy an engagement ring and pay for a custom, I will have to wait until the second release, argh.

394542[/snapback]

Knight26!

What are you talking about! Like that dirty guy from Waterboy says, "Go for it!"

I bought the engagement ring while in the middle of the a 1/48 Low Viz acquisition, a CF and a Koenig Monster!

Now, I'm debating whether to buy or not buy the upcoming GBP v2, Stealth and Low Viz v2 ... cuz my fiancée and I are in limbo on the wedding invitations issue.

I didn't tell her about the VF-0 purchase though...hee hee.

You can do it man! I earn peanuts as a designer...I'm sure you folks are better off too!

Jason