New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

so would this resin proto be able to transform? All the pics have been fighter mode, just wondering why there's no battroid yet.

325344[/snapback]

Not sure, but I think it is probably transformable.

I think they are just showing us one mode only at first to tease us and will show us a mode each month in the magazines. So next month we'll hopefully see either the Battroid or Gerwalk mode.

Graham

325376[/snapback]

haha, good point. So basically they're 'showing a bit of leg'.

...I want some thigh! :D

(ok, it's late here, time for sleep)

Its kinda strange that Yamato starts with Valk S type, usually they always start with A type.

325429[/snapback]

It's not strange at all if you think about it. It was always Hikaru's VF-1A from DYRL? that was always released first. Since there isn't someone in the series that really spent a long time in an A model, they just went along to the SECOND coolest mech in the series which happens to be the VF-0S...and the first being the 0D model....I'm sure Yamato went this way so they had more of a base to put possibly pull the D off....I know for sure I'd want a cannon fodder 0 when it comes out...I just hope something gets released soon...I'm becoming impatient <_<

Thanks for the scan, that thing really is lovely. I see that in the resin sculpt it doesnt look like the toy will have movable flaps or anything like that.....I like the fact that there is nothing that can fall off, maybe Yamato learned from their first couple of versions of the 1/48 with the flaps coming off and the nose cone falling off. I think it just makes for a more solid toy to not have all those bells and whistles...K.I.S.S.

Twich

Guys I tend to think yamato is releasing the VF-0S first simply because it is the first VF-0 that appears in the anime. The VF-0D appears later on. Not to mention the VF-0S is more prominent on the magazine ads and the DVD covers. It also had the most screentime in the 1st episode.

THe DYRL 1A Hikaru debatedly is the first one seen in the DYRL movie....and is also the one focused on first(got more camera time in the beginning).

Roy's 1S sold a lot due to the fact that not only is it in DYRL, but it is also in the TV series and has a high level of relevance and importance in both movie and series.

Guys I tend to think yamato is releasing the VF-0S first simply because it is the first VF-0 that appears in the anime. The VF-0D appears later on.  Not to mention the VF-0S is more prominent on the magazine ads and the DVD covers.  It also had the most screentime in the 1st episode.

THe DYRL 1A Hikaru debatedly is the first one seen in the DYRL movie....and is also the one focused on first(got more camera time in the beginning).

Roy's 1S sold a lot due to the fact that not only is it in DYRL, but it is also in the TV series and has a high level of relevance and importance in both movie and series.

325708[/snapback]

So where's my 1/48 Ostrich? It got more screen time than any valk on DYRL... ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The November issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine and Hobby Japan magazine should be out in the next 3 or 4 days (usually released here in Hong Kong on the 25th of each month), so hopefully there will be some new pics in them. Of course, I'll scan and post any new pics as soon as I pick up the magazines.

Graham

Guys I tend to think yamato is releasing the VF-0S first simply because it is the first VF-0 that appears in the anime. The VF-0D appears later on.  Not to mention the VF-0S is more prominent on the magazine ads and the DVD covers.  It also had the most screentime in the 1st episode.

325708[/snapback]

So where's my 1/48 Ostrich? It got more screen time than any valk on DYRL... ;):lol:

325709[/snapback]

Debunked someone's logic.

Or could it all be just a marketing standpoint of re-using the same mold to create many of the same type VF valks. Hmmm, could be. I mean look at Bandai, they actually did make the ostrich only modifying parts ever so slightly while keeping thr original Taka design.

Just picked up the new November issues of both Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazines.

Unfortunately, neither magazine has any new pics or info on the 1/60 Yamato VF-0S. The only Macross stuff in the magazines, is pics of the 1/48 GBP and Hasegawa VF-0A/S with Ghost, which I have already posted in their respective threads in the toy/model forum.

Guess the bastards are going to kep us in suspense for at least another month.

Graham

cmon Rob...you know what you have to do here...tempt us with the picssss

got it !

Hope you dont mind if I post it here dont you?

331132[/snapback]

Vf-0 proportion are so better then the vf-1, it looks nice in battroid mode, closer pics?

No skull on the heatshield... NO! we don't want to put your crappy sticker on it! :lol:

No skull on the heatshield... NO! we don't want to put your crappy sticker on it! :lol:

331143[/snapback]

Don't worry about, it Yamato never do any Tampo printing on the painted resin prototypes, although they'll sometimes use Decals if they can get the appropriate scale ones.

We won't see the Tampo printing until the steel tooling is complete and they start churning out some test shots.

I'm sure the final versional will have Tampo printed skulls on the heatshield and tails and a UN Spacy emblem on the wing at minimum.

Graham

Beeeeeeutiful! This thing is such an improvement over the 1/48 VF-1, and the VF-1 is my favorite toy. I just hope the heatshield mechanism is done a bit differently because that was the first thing to break on my VF-1 and I wasn't even manhandling it.

I believe they'll use the same mechanism for the heatshield...I based my opinion from the look of the toy...it looks like the VF-0S is just a remodel of the VF-1...so prolly its using the same mechanism on the heatshield...it is the old version of the VF-1 though...