Thundercats

Keith

I'm okay with the new Lion-o...he WAS supposed to be younger than the rest of the Thundercats, so that doesn't really bother me. Also like the Tigra design. As for the other two, I prefer the originals. Old Cheetarah<new Cheetarah...new design just has that "generic female super hero" look, meh. Also loses points for the hentai boobs :rolleyes:

As for the toys, I'll have to see better pics before I make up my mind...Thundertank looks promising though. I don't know about the new Sword of Omens, that hilt is a little too phallic looking for my taste.

I think you got you greater than/lesser than symbols mixed up. That's ok. I just learned how to use these "air quotes".

Considering the context, I would've gone with cougar. ^_^

In retrospect, I think there's a whole new character in that premise. Cougara could be Cheetarah's mother, the perpetually in-heat older femme fatale, who's always trying to seduce/make it with Lion-O, whose naive innocence and boy-hero nature makes him spurn her advances. Loads of subtle comic sexual tension to be had from that, I'm sure... <_<

I'm okay with the new Lion-o...he WAS supposed to be younger than the rest of the Thundercats, so that doesn't really bother me. Also like the Tigra design. As for the other two, I prefer the originals. Old Cheetarah<new Cheetarah...new design just has that "generic female super hero" look, meh. Also loses points for the hentai boobs :rolleyes:

That was always a bit of a "plothole" for me too, even as a kid; i.e. why was it Lion-O was aged in hybernation through space, but no one else was--particularly the other kids (forgot their names)?

I think you got you greater than/lesser than symbols mixed up. That's ok. I just learned how to use these "air quotes".

Jeebus..that's what I get for trying to type too fast :wacko: ..fixed. Thanks, EXO.

New Cheetarah=suck Old Cheetarah=no suck...there, happy now? :p

Jeebus..that's what I get for trying to type too fast wacko.gif ..fixed. Thanks, EXO.

New Cheetarah=suck Old Cheetarah=no suck...there, happy now? tongue.gif

You're not doing much to sway my opinion!

You're not doing much to sway my opinion!

Me neither. I dunno Keith, I guess everyone here likes their Cheetara manly looking and ready to join a drag-queen competition... :lol:

Hmmm... I wonder if these are going to be Saint Seiya type figs. I'm getting that vibe from Lion-O.

And yes. I can't wait for the villain figs to be shown.

And reddsun... the kids were wileykit and wileykat.

Pumyra was way hotter imo >,>

This.

Me neither. I dunno Keith, I guess everyone here likes their Cheetara manly looking and ready to join a drag-queen competition... :lol:

She wasn't manly looking, but she sure did have an awfully deep voice. Only thing I don't like on the new one is the wrist weights. They just look ugly, and don't seem even remotely practical.

Oh, Snarf is coming. But his design is supposed to be uber-ultra-secret. No one has even a hint AFAIK. But he's still the comic relief character. If he was totally gone, that'd have been great.

Can they just make it so "comic relief" character means he get's blown up and lit on fire and thrown out of moving vehicles a lot? I'd like that >:D

Can they just make it so "comic relief" character means he get's blown up and lit on fire and thrown out of moving vehicles a lot? I'd like that >:D

I'm with you on that one.

We need to get an on line petition going. WWW.snarfmustdie.com or something. :lol:

The figures dont look that great but maybe because they're the 4" ones that go into the vehicles and play-sets. There's going to release 7 inch figures also. Hopefully they have better sculpts. On that Cheetara figure, I don't like the hip joints. Ball joints should be used for a character that's suppose to sprint in the show.

But then again, I don't think I'm all that interested in the toys. Looking forward to the show more than anything.

You can't have dynamic poses without those ball joints. If you move any other joints they start to turn weird... look at that Cheetara. Her legs will only splay out when you move them up. Visible joints on toys (without fabric clothing) are the reality. Otherwise, just start collecting statues or whatever those McFarlane figures pretend to be.

Like ONCE I saw a simple cut-joint hip on a female figure that worked. Legs moved up with little to no splay. Looked good in most positions. Was a Resident Evil figure actually. Always wondered why no one else ever seemed able to do it.

Here's your Snarf (and some toys and other stuff): Thundercats Reveals the New Snarf (Superhero-Hype.com)

Oh my God! He could go from a nice mute background lolcat kind of thing to the most annoying pokemon ever.

Well, the interview sounds nice (but my kid brain remembers TC as already dark and edgy for the time... some of those bad guys were scary looking).

I think the 4 inch figures look pretty lame.

But there is a 7 inch classics line in the works. I have high hopes for those figures. Our classics MOTU figures can be reunited with their middle earth companions, just like our old toy boxes in the 80s. :lol: