Mechamaniac's Custom Plushie Gubaba

Mechamaniac

So, having had a chance to see Egan and XSToys plushie Gubabas at MWCon, I decided I had to have one. However, I didn't have the time or inclination to scour Yahoo Japan trying to find one, and didn't want to pay a grip for what amounts to a tribble with eyes.

So, I made my own, and have one upped the original plushie.

My plushie Gubaba features a poseable tail, and removeable eyes allowing the owner to show the many moods of Gubaba.

I took the mood ideas from the This is Animation M7 book I snagged from Seichi.

I'm still working on some more eyes for him, but for now, these are a good start.

Pics..

Gubaba1.jpg

Edited by Mechamaniac

What about the angry look? Plus every time I look at it, it looks like someones hairpiece mutated and grown eyes. :lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Thanks for the great comments guys.

Graham, please feel free to add him to the Custom Toy Gallery, that would rock!.

I'm still working on the angry eyed Gubaba, and I might even make his little ball spacesuit if I can find the right kind of stuff to bash.

I wanted to add feet since he has them in the lineart, but I haven't found anything suitable yet.

And Gubaba will be accompanying me to Otakon this year. He'll be riding my shoulder, and I'll have to get some Pocky or something to give to people who can actually identify who he is.

Any suggestions are welcome also.

LOL... I wanna see a pic of you wearing him as a wig!

Reminds me of a book I had when I was a kid.. about all these cute plushy pets the townspeople had, but then they got lazy and the plushies went spiky and evil.. can't remember the name. now that's gonna bug me for days. :rolleyes:

Nice toy, shouldn't be the tail be hairless like a rat one aniways?

317650[/snapback]

I battled with that. I wanted to make it as close as possible to a Rat's tail, but couldn't find the right material and still maintain the "plushie" aspect. I thought of grabbing a rubber halloween rat, and using that tail, but rubber wouldn't have seemed right.

In the end, I took a bit of license, and decided that his tail would be as hairy as the rest of him. If someone can give me an idea of a material that I can use that would be poseable, and easy to find, while retaining the look of a rat's tail, I will gladly incorporate it.

He is, after all, a prototype. :lol:

That's pretty neat, does he have feet?

317683[/snapback]

Therein lies another dilemma. In the anime, he does have feet. However, in the lineart, he has two different types of feet. Ulimately, I couldn't decide on which to go with, and I am still looking for something to make them out of.

yo!! that's toit!! Put on the list of wanting one! Good job!! is it bigger than the original or same exact size?  :huh:

317736[/snapback]

It's pretty much the same size. I'll have to snap a pic of it on my shoulder, and compare it to the pic of Egan's on my shoulder. :lol:

Maybe it's just me but someday I would love to find a just beat to all get out, needs to be restuffed valk plush. WHy, you ask? Easy, then I would have no problem with pulling the stitching and making patterns out of it, I can see it now, custom valk plushies, lol.

Actually plush Valks may be on the horizon....in all variations....

My Japanese friend's (my business partner) mother is a seamstress and she made a bunch of Gundam plushes before. So there is a chance. :rolleyes:

Man I really want one of the Guaba's. It kinda grows on you..and it is super cute!

Rob