James Doohan dies at age 85,

"He's not really dead, as long as we remember him."

-- Dr. Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley), Star Trek II

:( May your final voyage be a safe and pleasant one, Mr. Doohan, and may old, departed friends be there to greet you at its conclusion.

That's sad news.

I actually got to talk to him once at a convention and get his autograph. I have gone to a couple of conventions and he was the friendliest actor I ever encountered. Really a class act.

Much like Reagan, however, it is a sort of blessing that he has been released and that his family can now say goodbye and begin the grieving process. Doohan had Alzheimer's Disease.

And yes, he loathed Shatner. I believe most of the 2nd tier cast did. But they all laugh about it now. Anyone see that Futurama episode with the entire cast (except, sadly, Doohan who was incapacitated by his illness)?

H

How could you NOT like Shatner?  He rocks.

312586[/snapback]

That's because, like you, he's considered an a-hole.

Glad to see I made your blog. Made me laugh. I'm sure your MW ass kissing pals are thrilled about your blog.

312611[/snapback]

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! EVERYONE loves my blog! It allows the people to bathe in the aura of my AWESOMENESS. And only the truly awesome see the value in it, which explains your distaste for it.

George Bush is considered an a-hole by many, so is Arnold Schwarzenegger, so was Reagan... Glad to be part of such a truly awesome group.

I think we should be happy for him. A great man's life comes to a perfect end.

312622[/snapback]

he pulled off scotty so well i wish he did other gigs other then star trek. i was saddened when i heard of his alziemers. but like the last shof of Next generation said "all good things ........." on this world at least.

I read Shatner's autobio a long time ago. My undestanding is that Nimoy and him actually got along quite well (not just based on Shatner's bio). But Nimoy also understood the grumblings of the 2nd tier. They all seem to get along quite well now, though I don't think Doohan acutally ever actually buried the hatchet with him before his illness. It's interesting that he visited Shatner at his house a few times.

Anyways, can we keep the petty crap out of this thread? I realize nobody reads it but us. . . but it's pretty tacky to bring the standard MW squabbles into this thread.

H

312586[/snapback]

I agree with you for once.

Have you seen Boston Legal? Kick @$$ Show

312634[/snapback]

You don't always agree with me? :o

312586[/snapback]

Glad to see I made your blog. Made me laugh. I'm sure your MW ass kissing pals are thrilled about your blog.

312611[/snapback]

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! EVERYONE loves my blog! It allows the people to bathe in the aura of my AWESOMENESS. And only the truly awesome see the value in it, which explains your distaste for it.

George Bush is considered an a-hole by many, so is Arnold Schwarzenegger, so was Reagan... Glad to be part of such a truly awesome group.

312630[/snapback]

I'm glad to hear that you group yourself with traitors.

What makes them traitors?

Anyways that is sad news. I always enjoyed his character and he will be sorely missed by all...Well, by me anyways...

312586[/snapback]

312611[/snapback]

312630[/snapback]

I'm glad to hear that you group yourself with traitors.

312683[/snapback]

Hmmm... Quiet you lefty. :p If it makes you happy many call Clinton an a-hole too, he could be grouped with me, not nearly as awesome though.

What makes them traitors?

312691[/snapback]

He is just really liberal. Anybody who doesn't hand out free lunches to losers is a traitor in the eyes of the California Liberal.

we will miss him, i did not know he was a WWII vet that makes him even cooler in my book i have always had a facination with WWII and the vetrens for all the important work they did for the world, not only did he live his life as a famous actor but also is a hero.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare