New Robotech Transformable Toy Coming...

they need to do southern cross

They're never going to do a Hovertank. We've been informed that the mold for the Spartas deteriorated while in storage and is now unusable. Funny how it was the only mold to do so. I tried contacting Playmates over this and their rep informed me that there wasn't anyone left at the company who had been their during the Robotech/Exo-Squad run. So all we have is Harmony Gold's word on the matter. <_<

Of course, many of the complaints about doing a Masterpiece Hovertank centered on there not being 'enough diversity of design', which is utter and complete BS. The Spartas, like the VF-1 and Legioss, has a different design for the head due to rank. Then there is the Space Combat Model Conversion seen in Mind Games/BioPsycher as well as an additional Battloid Mode Space Pack (shaped a bit like an Ajax with blades) that is from the animation materials.

hovertank_accessories.jpg

And because they are SO COOL!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I read somewhere a while back that Toynami had acquired the 1/12 variable model molds for the ride armors and I believe it was even mentioned at that time that Cyclones would be the next release.

1st Border Red - that is pure misinformation about the mold. All Matchbox molds were improperly stored and ruined after the Exosquad run of toys and I'm certain I saw someone tell you that on RT.com also. Quit your conspiracy theories. No one's making a Spartas/Hovertank because it's the least popular series amongst fans.

Edited by jenius

HEHEHE!!!!

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions. yes I am sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick baby!!!! :D:D:D

She said that her computer showed an upcoming release of two beta fighters. A green one and a shadow version.....for $249.99!!!!!!!

The other one was for posable cyclones followed by MPC Cyclones. The cyclones will come in 6 versions. Scott blue, Rand green, Lancer blue, rook red, a sarah grey version and the shadow dancer version from the game. They will sell for $49.99.

She also said that there was something about an Invid Overlord toy and a line of Shadow Chronicle toys. No prices listed.

Let's hop it's true.

HEHEHE!!!!

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions.  yes I am sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick baby!!!! :D  :D  :D

She said that her computer showed an upcoming release of two beta fighters.  A green one and a shadow version.....for $249.99!!!!!!!

The other one was for posable cyclones followed by MPC Cyclones.  The cyclones will come in 6 versions.  Scott blue, Rand green, Lancer blue, rook red, a sarah grey version and the shadow dancer version from the game.  They will sell for $49.99.

She also said that there was something about an Invid Overlord toy and a line of Shadow Chronicle toys.  No prices listed.

Let's hop it's true.

Scott's blue and Sarah grey cyclone? What cartoon did they watch? Did you bother to ask them why they would change the color on those?

Edited by >EXO<

$249.99!!!!!!!

Thats ludicrisly expensive. How big is it going to be that they "justify" that price. I remember the tread being a good deal bigger than the legioss, but jebus, the 1/55 legioss is hell of tiny. Since the tread is about twice as big, iirc, then it should be about as big as a 1/48 battroid, which is awesome but for 250 wingwangs, that's crazy.

HEHEHE!!!!

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions. yes I am sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick baby!!!! :D:D:D

She said that her computer showed an upcoming release of two beta fighters. A green one and a shadow version.....for $249.99!!!!!!!

The other one was for posable cyclones followed by MPC Cyclones. The cyclones will come in 6 versions. Scott blue, Rand green, Lancer blue, rook red, a sarah grey version and the shadow dancer version from the game. They will sell for $49.99.

She also said that there was something about an Invid Overlord toy and a line of Shadow Chronicle toys. No prices listed.

Let's hop it's true.

Further proving the point that you are completely full of crap.

HEHEHE!!!!

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions. yes I am sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick baby!!!!   

Let's hop it's true.

Funny, when I call the RT store at 11pm no one answers.... they must really like you there. I'm glad they're releasing a green and shadow Beta... seeing as they both appear in Mospeada/New Gen for about half a sec. If you're going to lie at least make it plausible and say it's the BLUE and the green Beta. Your prices also seem way funky.

Take MGREXX and his claims with a big grain of salt.

Kosher salt like on those big softee pretzels :D

MG, you are by far, sitll the biggest idiot I have ever seen.... 250, thats just absurd no matter WHAT kinda of friggin insane toy it is....

There are SOME things that everyone thinks are beautiful... Like me for example.

all this discussion and no one even knows what it is, it would be funny if it is something like a cheap SD figure or a bunch more super poseables.

chris

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions.

Tell me....was this before or after you attended that preview screening of Revenge of the Sith?

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions.

Tell me....was this before or after you attended that preview screening of Revenge of the Sith?

it was before the preview screening of ROTS, but right after he sucked off george lucas in the mens room.

Excuse me guys, but Kevin posted to keep us in the loop. Let's wait for him -- or other retailers -- to get more news.

There is no reason to turn this into a "feed-the-..." thread. I think enough is enough, let's just leave things to develop on their own.

So Toynami intends to expand their MPC line. Like that's a big surprise. Let's just see how well they can push it -- or not.

As an aside: I refuse to label MGREXX as a troll, even though I've seen some of his threads. Some of our reactions are just as trollish, I can't in good faith label someone as a troll when I could be staring at myself in the mirror.

Excuse me guys, but Kevin posted to keep us in the loop. Let's wait for him -- or other retailers -- to get more news.

There is no reason to turn this into a "feed-the-..." thread. I think enough is enough, let's just leave things to develop on their own.

So Toynami intends to expand their MPC line. Like that's a big surprise. Let's just see how well they can push it -- or not.

As an aside: I refuse to label MGREXX as a troll, even though I've seen some of his threads. Some of our reactions are just as trollish, I can't in good faith label someone as a troll when I could be staring at myself in the mirror.

while i'm sure the majority us understand your POV, we only give him a hard time because he lies all the time and he's been caught in those lies yet continues to make stuff up as if we had a reason to believe him. ihes not so much a troll as opposed to just an outright liar. simply put, hes the boy who cried wolf(robotech) so to speak and thats why he gets no love.

I don't have that hesitation. I have no problem calling MGREXX a troll. Because he is one.

Edited by Anubis

while i'm sure the majority us understand your POV, we only give him a hard time because he lies all the time and he's been caught in those lies yet continues to make stuff up as if we had a reason to believe him. ihes not so much a troll as opposed to just an outright liar. simply put, hes the boy who cried wolf(robotech) so to speak and thats why he gets no love.

If that's your POV, why bother to feed him the attention he wants?

Let's just wait and see what happens with regards to the MPC line.

while i'm sure the majority us understand your POV, we only give him a hard time because he lies all the time and he's been caught in those lies yet continues to make stuff up as if we had a reason to believe him.  ihes not so much a troll as opposed to just an outright liar.  simply put, hes the boy who cried wolf(robotech) so to speak and thats why he gets no love.

If that's your POV, why bother to feed him the attention he wants?

Let's just wait and see what happens with regards to the MPC line.

i dunno? maybe because ignoring him isn't as fun. ;)

There is no reason to turn this into a "feed-the-..." thread.  I think enough is enough, let's just leave things to develop on their own.

Uhmmm... yeah... it's easy to label him one when he actually trolled the boards before as robotechpurist and other names. He signs up just to actually flame Macross. Do you remember Macross? The supposedly focus of this forum? So I can actually call him, with all that it means on the web, a troll.

It's not like we call him a troll because of his stupidity... the stupidity is just icing on his troll cake.

Edited by >EXO<

There is no reason to turn this into a "feed-the-..." thread.  I think enough is enough, let's just leave things to develop on their own.

Uhmmm... yeah... it's easy to label him one when he actually trolled the boards before as robotechpurist and other names. He signs up just to actually flame Macross. Do you remember Macross? The supposedly focus of this forum? So I can actually call him, with all that it means on the web, a troll.

Aww c'mon guys, MGREXX just wants a lil' love and attention from us all since he didn't get any at home(i.e. Homotech forums). :D

We could show him a bit more courtesy by telling him to shove his lies up where the sun don't shine.

I thought we put him in his cage? Who let him out???

MG, no one believes a word you say... I don't understand why you're still here when you're obviously not wanted. I don't know how long it took you to concoct the story about the RT.com store Customer Rep, but I think just about ANYONE ELSE from RT.com could've come up with a more believable story.

Truth and I know MGREXX is an easy mark for bashing but lets just cut him outright of any attention (only when he's trolling) becuase we're better than that (not trying to sound like a self righteous nag yet still) and continue with what Kevin posted. Hmm if I were to wager a guess as to what the toy will be; a Cyclone. But with even that in mind its not inconceivable to guess any of the following:

Logan

Spartan HoverTank (personally I hope its this one)

Invid Mecha (Shock Trooper preferred)

Zentreadi Mecha(why not, could be a battlepod ;) )

Beta (just as likely as a Cyclone)

Shadow Chronicles Mecha (would'nt suprise me at all)

We will as usual have to let time tell as things roll on.

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

There are SOME things that everyone thinks are beautiful... Like me for example.

A1 gone metro? ;)

Nah, I am just an object of desire.

it was before the preview screening of ROTS, but right after he sucked off george lucas in the mens room.

Haterist-

Please keep your social activities to yourself. ;)

Exo-

You try and try with weak attempts at trying to be on my level.

Btw, If mine is icing, then you got dunked on it. :lol::lol::lol:

All you other bashers can keep displaying your ignorance and immaturity. I understand. :D

As for the rest of you, you need to read and understand what I say.

I said that I called E A R L I E R. Hello!!!!!!

I called them at 4:00 and that is what she said.

Now to clarify things for you challenged individuals:

Scott's Cyclone will be blue (lighht blue, as in lighter than regular blue. Others see it as light green.) YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Beta will be a green version and a grey ( dark grey as in shadow) version.

As for the price. I would not be surprised since Toynami is charging $79.00 for a veritech that is clearly worth no mre than $49.99. The beta will be almost 3x bigger than the Alpha, so that price point is not beyond the realm of relity.

Next time I will try to simplify my intellectually superior posts, it's just that it's hard to go this low.

Edited by MGREXX

HEHEHE!!!!

I spoke to the RT.COM "store" customer service rep and got her to accidentally spill the beans on what the big news was going to be at this years conventions. yes I am sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick baby!!!!   

Let's hop it's true.

Actually... I don't see the word EARLIER anywhere in your thread (watch him go and edit his previous post now. There isn't an edit now, but I bet there will be soon). Don't get so upset that someone called you on your bluff. This information may be true, or not... but somehow, I doubt you are the clever inside-info person you believe your worthless self to be. Go back to RT. "All your homos are belong to us".com and leave the intelligent people to their elevated musings.

Edited by Skull Leader