Revenge of the Sith

Anakin with less arms and legs means an Anakin with less Medichlorwhaters....

They were chopped off of him. 

Throws toy light saber at fanboys and quickly runs off.........    :p

They had to have ripped off Parasite Eve with that midchlorian thing.

midicholrian, mitochondira, those words sure look alike.

Midichlorions != the force.

Uh, Parasite Eve didn't invent mitochondria.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=mitochondria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondria

Video games didn't invent the world.

awww man... next thing you're gonna tell me is that MTV didn't invent music...

:lol:

:lol:

Edited by Duke Togo

Off topic :

http://whills.kinlok.name/7/

"George Lucas once told me I'd play the Obi-Wan-type character in Episode VII, sort of passing on the Excalibur down to the next generation. He said that it would come out around 2011."

- Mark Hamill

So guys what do you think ?

Woah when the hell did he say that?

Fake plot for Episode VII:

So in episode VII Leia gets fed up of not having a lightsaber and asks Luke to train her, so he dumbly does it and includes her in training with other jedi trainees (because he's been training a new jedi order). Leia fools everyone because she's a politician too, and she's been harvesting some sick stuff inside her, especially since Jabba did stuff to her... :ph34r:

Luke senses a dark disturbance in the force and decides to go meditate alone somewhere. Luke gives his lightsaber to one of his students and leaves. Leia "seduces" one of the students to join her and go to the dark side as her apprentice.

Leia and apprentice try to wipe out the jedi trainees but run when the tables start to be turned because there's too many opponents.

Limbs get chopped off. Someone turns into a parapalegic and loses an eye, but it's all good because he gets prosthetics. Han Solo is not in the movie because he mysteriously died before the movie (and probably because Harrison Ford would ask for too much money :lol: ).

Episode VIII:

Luke trains under Obi-wan, Yoda, and Qui-gon to master himself better and learn that nifty become one with the force and become poofy-ghost-like.

Luke's students go after Leia and her apprentice. Leia turns the new Republic against the young jedi and pulls an Episode II Palpatine. The young Jedi are hunted. The apprentice of Leia gets killed at the end by new series main character.

Episode IX:

Luke confronts Leia and beckons her to come away from the dark side. Tries to pull an Obi-wan to go poof when Leia tries to kill him. He screws up and has a look of "crap-balls" on his face when she zaps him with force lightning and he explodes instead of going poof.

The young jedi groups (yeah they self-promoted themselves to jedi) do a daring stealth mission, sneak deep into the bowels of the new republic homeworld.

They fight Leia.

The REAL SITH LORD, who pulled the strings behind the whole series; comes forth.

R2-D2 owns them all, flying around chopping heads off with lightsabers coming out of each of those blue things on his dome. Also zapping everyone with his more-powerful-than-Palpatine force lightning.

It was R2-D2 pulling Palpatine's strings. R2-D2 was originally Darth Plagius, but when Palpatine supposedly killed him, he went poof like Obi-wan and Yoda (and how Qui-gon learned to do after he died and burned). Darth Plagius pulled a Chucky and went into an astromech droid and played innocent throughout the whole Star Wars series, setting up everything.

So at the end, R2-D2 morphs into Kenny Baker as Darth Plagius, dressed in black robes. He posseses Leia's body and creates the second Galactic Empire, for a safer and even more secure society (since everyone else who had force powers is dead). He pulls a Kaiser Soze when he comes out, shaking his hands and putting his gold lightsabers in his cloak

:wacko:

I'm bored and it's late at night. I just wrote whatever came into my head. :blink:

I'm going to sleep.

If you read through this crap because you're as bored as me, I suggest you get some sleep. :p:lol:

Having seen Episode III twice, then watching the OT back to back to back afterwards, I'm fairly convinced that the EU would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY off. The EU made a big fuss of Luke and the new Jedi Order because Luke was the hero in the movies, wasn't he? Well, I actually don't think it was. In Empire especially, there's a lot of foreshadowing. Yoda warns Luke that if he left his training, he would bring sadness. He told him that he'd never be a Jedi. And in Jedi, Yoda warns that once Luke starts down the path of the Dark Side, it would forever control his destiny. But as we'd already seen, Luke was well on his way down the path. The attachment that Luke had for his friends was similar to Anakin's attachment to Padme. That attachment caused him to leave his training, threaten to kill Jabba (and we know now that killing, except in defense, is against the Jedi code), Force choke the Gammorean guards (a power we've seen Vader use plenty, a power that is almost certainly of the Dark Side), attempt to strike down the Emperor in anger, and wail on Vader in anger until he finally cut his hand off. Luke might have stopped himself from going any further at that moment, and he might have refused to become the Emperor's apprentice, but he was definately treading down a dark path.

What's more, there's the big "there is another" fuss. It was a big deal that the Force was strong in the Skywalker family, and that if Luke would fall, there would still be Leia

So, if I had to make a conjecture about what the next trilogy would be about, I'd say that Luke would show Leia the basics, and then they'd split up to try to recover lost information about the old Jedi order. Some new threat'd come up, Luke would disagree with how it's handled, decide to do things his own way, take care of it Sith style, become seduced with the notion of "might makes right," set himself up as a new Dark Lord of the Sith, and eventually be brought down by Leia, who afterward would found a new Jedi Order.

I'd like to sate for the record PE started out as a novel.

And novels... well...

they still don't invent the world.

Having seen Episode III twice, then watching the OT back to back to back afterwards, I'm fairly convinced that the EU would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY off. The EU made a big fuss of Luke and the new Jedi Order because Luke was the hero in the movies, wasn't he? Well, I actually don't think it was. In Empire especially, there's a lot of foreshadowing. Yoda warns Luke that if he left his training, he would bring sadness. He told him that he'd never be a Jedi. And in Jedi, Yoda warns that once Luke starts down the path of the Dark Side, it would forever control his destiny. But as we'd already seen, Luke was well on his way down the path. The attachment that Luke had for his friends was similar to Anakin's attachment to Padme. That attachment caused him to leave his training, threaten to kill Jabba (and we know now that killing, except in defense, is against the Jedi code), Force choke the Gammorean guards (a power we've seen Vader use plenty, a power that is almost certainly of the Dark Side), attempt to strike down the Emperor in anger, and wail on Vader in anger until he finally cut his hand off. Luke might have stopped himself from going any further at that moment, and he might have refused to become the Emperor's apprentice, but he was definately treading down a dark path.

What's more, there's the big "there is another" fuss. It was a big deal that the Force was strong in the Skywalker family, and that if Luke would fall, there would still be Leia

So, if I had to make a conjecture about what the next trilogy would be about, I'd say that Luke would show Leia the basics, and then they'd split up to try to recover lost information about the old Jedi order. Some new threat'd come up, Luke would disagree with how it's handled, decide to do things his own way, take care of it Sith style, become seduced with the notion of "might makes right," set himself up as a new Dark Lord of the Sith, and eventually be brought down by Leia, who afterward would found a new Jedi Order.

I'd pay to see old Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamil in 15 years as geezers go at it with lightsabers in wheelchairs. :lol:

Fake plot for Episode VII:

So in episode VII Leia gets fed up of not having a lightsaber and asks Luke to train her, so he dumbly does it and includes her in training with other jedi trainees (because he's been training a new jedi order). Leia fools everyone because she's a politician too, and she's been harvesting some sick stuff inside her, especially since Jabba did stuff to her... :ph34r:

Luke senses a dark disturbance in the force and decides to go meditate alone somewhere. Luke gives his lightsaber to one of his students and leaves. Leia "seduces" one of the students to join her and go to the dark side as her apprentice.

Leia and apprentice try to wipe out the jedi trainees but run when the tables start to be turned because there's too many opponents.

Limbs get chopped off. Someone turns into a parapalegic and loses an eye, but it's all good because he gets prosthetics. Han Solo is not in the movie because he mysteriously died before the movie (and probably because Harrison Ford would ask for too much money :lol: ).

Episode VIII:

Luke trains under Obi-wan, Yoda, and Qui-gon to master himself better and learn that nifty become one with the force and become poofy-ghost-like.

Luke's students go after Leia and her apprentice. Leia turns the new Republic against the young jedi and pulls an Episode II Palpatine. The young Jedi are hunted. The apprentice of Leia gets killed at the end by new series main character.

Episode IX:

Luke confronts Leia and beckons her to come away from the dark side. Tries to pull an Obi-wan to go poof when Leia tries to kill him. He screws up and has a look of "crap-balls" on his face when she zaps him with force lightning and he explodes instead of going poof.

The young jedi groups (yeah they self-promoted themselves to jedi) do a daring stealth mission, sneak deep into the bowels of the new republic homeworld.

They fight Leia.

The REAL SITH LORD, who pulled the strings behind the whole series; comes forth.

R2-D2 owns them all, flying around chopping heads off with lightsabers coming out of each of those blue things on his dome. Also zapping everyone with his more-powerful-than-Palpatine force lightning.

It was R2-D2 pulling Palpatine's strings. R2-D2 was originally Darth Plagius, but when Palpatine supposedly killed him, he went poof like Obi-wan and Yoda (and how Qui-gon learned to do after he died and burned). Darth Plagius pulled a Chucky and went into an astromech droid and played innocent throughout the whole Star Wars series, setting up everything.

So at the end, R2-D2 morphs into Kenny Baker as Darth Plagius, dressed in black robes. He posseses Leia's body and creates the second Galactic Empire, for a safer and even more secure society (since everyone else who had force powers is dead). He pulls a Kaiser Soze when he comes out, shaking his hands and putting his gold lightsabers in his cloak

:wacko:

I'm bored and it's late at night. I just wrote whatever came into my head. :blink:

I'm going to sleep.

If you read through this crap because you're as bored as me, I suggest you get some sleep. :p:lol:

I like it. When and where can I start lining up?

I strongly disagree with many of your statements.

First the idea that Yoda's "forever will it dominate your destiney" means that once you do something bad you're screwed for life... That would imply there is no such thing as redemption in a story that is about the fall and redemption of a man.

However... I belive that Dark Empire (where Luke falls to the dark side and Leia helps bring him back) was based on Lucas' notes for the third trilogy way back in the day... as I understand it originally the Emp wasn't going to be in Return of the Jedi and it wouldn't be a clone Emp Luke would be under but the original. I've heard tell it was based on Lucas' notes and is very much like what a third trilogy would have been like.

So maybe you arn't so wrong.

The Revenge of the Sith is about stupid, non-communicative people who have misplaced loyalty (save Anakin, whose loyalty was to his mate first). All he needed was a friend. All he needed to do was to communicate honestly.

The image of Obi Wan watching passively as Anakin *burns alive* and then *turn his back on his friend* has burned into my brain forever, killing, outright, what stood as an icon of goodness in my childhood.

Everyone in this movie is reprehensible, save for the wookies, and the animals. Everyone else is selfish, stupid, non-communicative, dishonest and a coward.

When I see Vader cut down Obi Wan in A New Hope, I will be the first to cheer, glad to know that he and Yoda died cold and alone, their dreams dashed because of their careless, thoughtless, self-centred stupidity.

Edited by RainBot

The Revenge of the Sith is about stupid, non-communicative people who have misplaced loyalty (save Anakin, whose loyalty was to his mate first). All he needed was a friend. All he needed to do was to communicate honestly.

The image of Obi Wan watching passively as Anakin *burns alive* and then *turn his back on his friend* has burned into my brain forever, killing, outright, what stood as an icon of goodness in my childhood.

Everyone in this movie is reprehensible, save for the wookies, and the animals. Everyone else is selfish, stupid, non-communicative, dishonest and a coward.

When I see Vader cut down Obi Wan in A New Hope, I will be the first to cheer, glad to know that he and Yoda died cold and alone, their dreams dashed because of their careless, thoughtless, self-centred stupidity.

Everyone was justified in their actions. Except for the Emperor, he is the only truly evil one. But I see this movie very much like real life... People are selfish and make less than logical decisions constantly.

I've seen it twice. The second time just make me like it more. We have Return of the Jedi left to watch of the OT, then we'll get around to 1 and 2. But man, it really makes me like the prequels more than the originals. Guess that's just my taste. I'm more of a fan of the grand scale that many of the OT movies were missing (I suppose due to the lack of planet hopping and the Rebels' underground nature.) I still like them all and I can make up excuses in my mind for the aesthetic discrepencies between the two trilogies. I also have a newfound appreciation for Episode IV, its not as bad as I though. Its still my least favorite though. :)

I've seen it twice. The second time just make me like it more.

I found that as well. I guess there isn't as much sensory overload the second time. You can spend more time noticing all the suttleties. :)

I was going to write out a detailed response to your comments, and then I realized you must have seen a different version movie because your impression of it is so far from what actually happened, it's laughable.

Honestly, I'm all for people hating on the movie (you have a right to your opinion) but when you complain about motivations and actions that never existed and try to come off as some elitist film critic you're no better than those guys who hate on it just because it's the "cool" thing to do.

As for what everyone is saying about seeing it a second time, I totally agree, I enjoyed it a lot more the second time as well. Now I'm just waiting for my buddy to get back from Iraq so I can see it a third time. Poor guy was cussing me when I was telling him about my opening day tickets. :(

I've seen it twice. The second time just make me like it more.

I found that as well. I guess there isn't as much sensory overload the second time. You can spend more time noticing all the suttleties. :)

Yeah, the first time was crazy. I was so engrossed in the story. But the excitement of the Obi/Ani anticipation made it very very disorienting the first time I saw it. But, the second time I was able to notice so much more now that I know the story.

Yeah, Obi-wan must be an ass because, once Anakin was a beaten pulp who cried "I hate you!", Obi-wan decided not to go that extra mile to save Anakin. EVEN AFTER he already gave Anakin, the man who killed CHILDREN, several chances to turn back from the path he had chosen- to which Anakin just bitched and moaned and pretty much spat it his face.

You're right... Obi-wan was a fool.

:rolleyes:

I found that scene to be a tad strange on many levels. I can understand the feelings Obiwan had reguarding Anakin as his "brother" and such but it seemed so terrible and needlessly cruel to just watch him catch fire and start to burn. It also seemed so strange that he would just walk away leaving him to burn. After all, his task was to ensure that Anakin was destroyed... not mortally wounded and left for dead. Obi has an almost Bond Villain moment there in which he leaves assuming Anakin will die. As I said I can understand the whole "I didn't want to kill you" and I don't want to watch you die angle but damn, you have to admit it was rather cold of Obi to lop the guy's last real limbs off and just leave him there to burn. Then again that whole fight was tremendous and then just sort of ends with a whimper rather than a roar.

On the other hand it is just a simple (and quite weak) plot device. Sure Obi should have walked up, choked back his tears, and lopped the whiny brat's head off but that would have pretty much ended Star Wars right there. While I enjoyed the movie, that scene (along with many others) I felt was handled terribly and suffers from poor scripting and dialogue. A true scriptwriting master could have woven that yarn in a way that didn't seem so stilted and off-balance but we have what we have in the end.

The movie does not show Anakin's struggles before succumbing to the dark side. In the book, Anakin did not make the decision lightly. Was it here that I mentioned that he was physically sick when he reported to Mace Windu and company that Palpatine is Sidious? The movie did not pull that off very well.

The book also made it very clear that Anakin had only saving Padme in mind. The movie did not pull that off very well either.

The book also made it clear that as Jedi, they are to not get too attached to anyone, so that they will not be overcome with grief and fall to the dark side. The movie did not pull that off very well either.

Finally, Obi-Wan left Anakin there to be taken care of by the Force's will. Besides, Ewan McGregor made it obvious how pained Obi-Wan felt when he had to turn his back on Anakin, and how hurt he was that Anakin betrayed him.

The previously mentioned gunship scene would have been crucial to making more sense to these scenes, though. Too bad it didn't make it.

PS: Anyone interested in the segment of text of the gunship scene?

Edited by Stamen0083

The gunship streaked through the capital's sky.

Obi-Wan stared past Yoda and Mace Windu, out through the gunship's window at the vast deployment platform and the swarm of clones who were loading the assault cruiser at the far end.

"You weren't there," he said. "You didn't see his face. I think we have done a terrible thing."

"We don't always have the right answer," Mace Windu said. "Sometimes there isn't a right answer."

"Know how important your friendship with young Anakin is to you, I do." Yoda, too, stared out toward the stark angles of the assault cruiser being loaded for the counterinvasion of Kashyyyk; he stood leaning on his gimer stick as though he did not trust his legs. "Allow such attachments to pass out of one's life, a Jedi must."

Another man—even another Jedi—might have resented the rebuke, but Obi-Wan only sighed. "I suppose—he is the chosen one, after all. The prophecy says he was born to bring balance to the Force, but..."

The words trailed off. He couldn't remember what he'd been about to say. All he could remember was the look on Anakin's face.

"Yes. Always in motion, the future is." Yoda lifted his head and his eyes narrowed to thoughtful slits. "And the prophecy, misread it could have been."

Mace looked even grimmer than usual. "Since the fall of Darth Bane more than a millennium ago, there have been hun¬dreds of thousands of Jedi—hundreds of thousands of Jedi feed¬ing the light with each work of their hands, with each breath, with every beat of their hearts, bringing justice, building civil society, radiating peace, acting out of selfless love for all living things—and in all these thousand years, there have been only two Sith at any time. Only two. Jedi create light, but the Sith do not create darkness. They merely use the darkness that is always there. That has always been there. Greed and jealousy, aggression and lust and fear—these are all natural to sentient beings. The legacy of the jungle. Our inheritance from the dark."

"I'm sorry, Master Windu, but I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying—to follow your metaphor—that the Jedi have cast too much light? From what I have seen these past years, the galaxy has not become all that bright a place."

"All I am saying is that we don't know. We don't even truly understand what it means to bring balance to the Force. We have no way of anticipating what this may involve."

"An infinite mystery is the Force," Yoda said softly. "The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know."

"So you both feel it, too," Obi-Wan said. The words hurt him. "You both can feel that we have turned some invisible corner."

"In motion, are the events of our time. Approach, the crisis does."

"Yes." Mace interlaced his fingers and squeezed until his knuckles popped. "But we're in a spice mine without a glow rod. If we stop walking, we'll never reach the light."

"And what if the light just isn't there?" Obi-Wan asked. "What if we get to the end of this tunnel and find only night?"

"Faith must we have. Trust in the will of the Force. What other choice is there?"

Edited by Stamen0083

Obi-Wan accepted this with a nod, but still when he thought of Anakin, dread began to curdle below his heart. "I should have argued more strongly in Council today."

"You think Skywalker won't be able to handle this?" Mace Windu said. "I thought you had more confidence in his abilities."

"I trust him with my life," Obi-Wan said simply. "And that is precisely the problem."

The other two Jedi Masters watched him silently while he tried to summon the proper words.

"For Anakin," Obi-Wan said at length, "there is nothing more important than friendship. He is the most loyal man I have ever met—loyal beyond reason, in fact. Despite all I have tried to teach him about the sacrifices that are the heart of being a Jedi he—he will never, I think, truly understand."

He looked over at Yoda. "Master Yoda, you and I have been close since I was a boy. An infant. Yet if ending this war one week sooner—one day sooner—were to require that I sacrifice your life, you know I would."

"As you should," Yoda said. "As I would yours, young Obi-Wan. As any Jedi would any other, in the cause of peace."

"Any Jedi," Obi-Wan said, "except Anakin."

Yoda and Mace exchanged glances, both thoughtfully grim. Obi-Wan guessed they were remembering the times Anakin had violated orders—the times he had put at risk entire operations, the lives of thousands, the control of whole planetary systems— to save a friend.

More than once, in fact, to save Obi-Wan.

"I think," Obi-Wan said carefully, "that abstractions like peace don't mean much to him. He's loyal to people, not to prin¬ciples. And he expects loyalty in return. He will stop at nothing to save me, for example, because he thinks I would do the same for him."

Mace and Yoda gazed at him steadily, and Obi-Wan had to lower his head.

"Because," he admitted reluctantly, "he knows I would do the same for him."

"Understand exactly where your concern lies, I do not. Yoda's green eyes had gone softly sympathetic. "Named must your fear be, before banish it you can. Do you fear that perform his task, he cannot?"

"Oh, no. That's not it at all. I am firmly convinced that Anakin can do anything. Except betray a friend. What we have done to him today..."

"But that is what Jedi are," Mace Windu said. "That is what we have pledged ourselves to: selfless service—"

Obi-Wan turned to stare once more toward the assault ship that would carry Yoda and the clone battalions to Kashyyyk, but he could see only Anakin's face.

If he asked me to spy on you, do you think I would do it?

"Yes," he said slowly. "That's why I don't think he will ever trust us again."

He found his eyes turning unaccountably hot, and his vision swam with unshed tears.

"And I'm not entirely sure he should."

PS: Anyone have reviews on the novelizations of the other movies? I'm looking to read up on the nuances that the films missed.

Edited by Stamen0083

One thing to think about is that Stover had a lot MORE in the novelization, but the Revenge of the Sith novelization is supposedly one that Lucas himself edited for content personally.

I think the scene as filmed and released got that point across, though far more subtley between the finished Gunship scene and where Obi-Wan tells Anakin about his assignment.

Anakin's moment of decision is a third in the Jedi Council chambers and a second-third when he chops off Mace's hand, and the rest when he affirms that decision and pledges himself to Sidious' training.

These decisions are echoed later on with Luke.

As far as Obi-Wan leaving Anakin on the lava bank... He had tried to reason with him but was denied, with spite, even after Anakin was helpless. The difference between a Jedi and a Sith is that a Jedi cherishes life and will not take the life of his defeated enemy, like Anakin did with Dooku/Tyranus. Nor would Luke do with Anakin/Vader.

Oh and as far as the sequel trilogy, I think it'd be about Luke trying to save his son from the dark side.

Lucas has no doubt tossed back and forth on whether he'd actually do it (as that linked site shows out - the folks on USENET compiled something even more comprehensive than that IIRC). I have no doubt there's a rough outline of the story that would be fleshed out and detailed (along with a corresponding EU) should they ever be given the green light.

And even if Lucas doesn't pull a Kubrick and make films until he's 90 (I could easily see him taking 10-15 years off, raising his grandchildren, and then deciding he wants to do the sequel trilogy), his kids would probably pull a Christopher Tolkien after he's dead and dig up his notes.

Just like with Tolkien, for the EU haters versus EU fans, too many would argue over early draft ideas that can't be reconciled with what the author himself would have eventually decided on.

PS: Anyone have reviews on the novelizations of the other movies? I'm looking to read up on the nuances that the films missed.

I haven't read the OT novels yet, but I've read all three of the prequel novels. They all play out much like the RotS novel... many scenes are ripped straight from the novel, complete with the movies' dialogue. But they all offer extra scenes, extended scenes, and a more in-depth look at the characters' thoughts, feelings, and motivations. Of the three, RotS was the definately the best, and PM was definately the worst, and not because RotS was the better movie and PS the worst, either... I'm speaking purely in terms of the writing. It's become apparent to me that Terry Brooks has had some good ideas for stories, but that he's really not a great writer. Conversely, I think Stover did an excellent job in his writing. I was especially taken with the "This is (insert character here)" parts that really got into the characters in ways that the movies never could.

Salvatore's AotC is pretty good too. Say what else you will about Salvatore, he's the kind of author that really shows off a character. His work goes into more detail about the relationship between Jango and Boba, as well as the growing affection Padme had for Anakin (something the movie completely missed).

The sequel trilogy, doubt one would be done in ways we'd think. I mean who though the prequel trilogy would turn out the way it did story wise?

From what I recall reading and being told the story idea that was out there when it came to having a rough idea of what the entire story looked like according to Lucas was that in episode 6 it was suppose to be just Vader and Luke would fight him. Then the next trilogy was suppose to be about Luke looking for his sister, the continued fight against the Empire with Leia rising to leading it(she wasn't leader of it, just one of it's leaders. Mon Mothma was it's #1 leader I believe(wish she was in the movie the way she was in the novel), she's the one all in white in Return of the Jedi talking about the Bothans that died to get the info on the second Death Star). Then Luke and his sister were suppose to finally confront Palp to end things with the two of them going on to rebuilding the Jedi Order(being very close with Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, and the droids). Yet all of that got basicly merged with Return of the Jedi as Leia ended up being Luke's sister, Luke confronts both Vader and Palp together.

In fact the comic sereis Dark Empire is basicly looked upon as the closest thing to what the sequal trilogy story after the OT would have been about. In that you have Luke trying to fight the dark side form the inside by becoming an student of the reborn Palp(in a clone body, how he planned to stay immortal by moving his life force from body to body as it aged), he fights the rebuild Empire from the inside but slowly falls to the dark side. Leia tries to bring him back, ends up fighting him in a lightsaber duel (Luke has been training her). She brings him back and in the end is her and Han and Leia's unborn child(named Anakin) that brings and end to Palp(he wanted the unborn child for himself).

I think Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End are about Luke taking on Dark Jedi and the reborn Palp one final time but he is really weakened though but is taken out by Solo with no where to transfer his spirit so he ends up finally being defeated. What I also remember it being said in magazines is that Lucas actually enjoyed Dark Empire and gave copies to his staff one christmas as presents. Anything that had to do with the Sith in comic form he usually was questioned and approved or denied certain things. After all he's said to be a comic reader so it makes sense he'd pay more attention to Star Wars comics and it's details then the details of the actual novels.

edit: Oops. Meant Han and Leia.

Edited by Effect

She brings him back and in the end is her and Luke and Leia's unborn child(named Anakin) that brings and end to Palp(he wanted the unborn child for himself).

What?!

I read that comic a long time ago, and you've suspected, Max, I believe he meant to say "Leia and Han's unborn child."

H

She brings him back and in the end is her and Luke and Leia's unborn child(named Anakin) that brings and end to Palp(he wanted the unborn child for himself).

What?!

I think this somethingawful pic explains it all... :lol:

post-26-1118079090_thumb.jpg

Saw it again for the second time too. . . it's a much different movie the 2nd time around now that you can relax and take in the subtleties (and your adrenaline isn't still pumping after turning around to tell an entire row of punk kids to STFU).

Of course, one of my problems with Lucas's later movies (and the retro-fitted old ones) is that he adds so much distracting stuff that you almost need to see them twice just to follow the story completely because you're too busy watching two droids argue in the foreground while the heroe's are doing something behind them. Of course, this works in the OT because we know the plot. But in the newer movies, it can be disorienting (but, I accept that most people are there to be dazzled and that the plot now comes 2ndary). :rolleyes:

Hehe, just at the point where Anakin and Obi-Wan are dueling, after they've gone across that tight-rope catwalk/pipe. . . did anybody else notice that little floating droid wander onto the screen, sorta look at them, turn towards the camera, and then wander off. . . that's classic neo-Lucas.

But I digress. . . I was startled to see that Anakin was crying in that scene after he slaughters all the seperatists. He's already completely given himself over to the Dark Side at this point. . . yet, when they come up on his face as he's just standing there gazing over the lava, you can see tear streaks running down his face. I was surprised to see that he still had conflict and remorse at this point. Even though he was obviously committed to seeing this path through.

H

Edited by Hurin