Great Moments in Science Fiction

final countdown anyone?

For some reason I imagine the Europe song "Final Countdown" being the theme for the movie. And for some reason if cracks me up... maybe because its GOB's theme in Arrested Development.

Heh, it was the ringer on my cellphone until 3 days ago. Love me some GOB.

"I've made a huge mistake..."

Hikuro, there is no colorized version of War of the Worlds. War of the Worlds was always in color.

not true. there was the audio only version :p

Not true. I'm sure the paper-only version was black & white...

:p

Okay, the George Pal version was in color all the time. Now, are you happy? :lol:

May not actually be in the movie but it is referenced in it. I have the BBC series on dvd. I dont see how they can cram all that into a 2 hour movie :D Hitchhikers guide is good comedy.

Edited by HWR MKII

May not actually be in the movie but it is referenced in it. I have the BBC series on dvd. I dont see how they can cram all that into a 2 hour movie :D Hitchhikers guide is good comedy.

the BBC dvd is like 3+ hours and i've been wondering the same thing? i hope they don't take anything out of the story just for the big screen.

the BBC show was kind of bleh, the really bad special FX and costumes is what killed it. granted i blew the dust off it and watched it again recently so my opinion differs but back in the in day it was the coolest shiet out. :p

May not actually be in the movie but it is referenced in it. I have the BBC series on dvd. I dont see how they can cram all that into a 2 hour movie :D  Hitchhikers guide  is good comedy.

the BBC dvd is like 3+ hours and i've been wondering the same thing? i hope they don't take anything out of the story just for the big screen.

the BBC show was kind of bleh, the really bad special FX and costumes is what killed it. granted i blew the dust off it and watched it again recently so my opinion differs but back in the in day it was the coolest shiet out. :p

I'm sure that they had to make cuts to the story in order to fit it into standard feature film running time of around 2 hours. the only reason why i am not worried abut it though is because adams himself was involved in the new movie's script before he passed away.

May not actually be in the movie but it is referenced in it. I have the BBC series on dvd. I dont see how they can cram all that into a 2 hour movie :D  Hitchhikers guide  is good comedy.

The BBC mini series was excelent. I don't care about bad FX or lousy costumes since it is so funny!!