What is lying on your workbench?

Some updates....

Still waitng on the Alclad...I really want these finished!

:angry:

wMTIyODE1NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIyODE1ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIyODE1OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

392269[/snapback]

Why is it all I get is three images that say "This site is not supported"?

Edited by Kylwell

Here is my current project.  Can you guess?

392899[/snapback]

A bat'roid arm and some really long Bender arms?

Those are the small "manipulator arms" that Roy uses to repair Hikaru's VF-1D in episode 2 of the TV series.

Those look near perfect too!

Do I smell a diorama?

I suppose you're going to attach that arm to a VF-1s?  ;)

392921[/snapback]

Yes.

392899[/snapback]

A bat'roid arm and some really long Bender arms?

392997[/snapback]

That is fun. :) Bender arms. You should quit your day job and become a comedian. :p

Those are the small "manipulator arms" that Roy uses to repair Hikaru's VF-1D in episode 2 of the TV series.

Those look near perfect too!

Do I smell a diorama?

393063[/snapback]

We have a winner. You deserve a cookie and yes, your sense of smell is very good.

392899[/snapback]

Now this is REALLY cool, I love that repair scene in ep.2, IIRC this was never shown again in the show.

I remember watching this for the first time in the 80s, I had just experienced the very first Valkyrie transformations and then I see that the VF´s are even more loaded with tiny gadgets!

Are you planning to use Gundamhead´s conversion set for the VF-1D Battroid?

Can´t wait to see that one finished! :)

392899[/snapback]

Now this is REALLY cool, I love that repair scene in ep.2, IIRC this was never shown again in the show.

I remember watching this for the first time in the 80s, I had just experienced the very first Valkyrie transformations and then I see that the VF´s are even more loaded with tiny gadgets!

Can´t wait to see that one finished! :)

393086[/snapback]

Yes. I have already built one conversion and posted a couple of pics in the model section last year, July or August. I have another conversion that I eventually will drill holes in to simulate the damage.

393086[/snapback]

That must be the one that's sold at SSM?!?

393105[/snapback]

The same one. SSM has drop the price to $15.00. Gundamhead did a really good job.

After finishing building both my 1/48 YF-19 & 21 kits, I'm on this buiding binge and I can't stop...I have some serious problem, but I'm not gonna deny it, it was all worth it. <_<:):D Only one kit related to Macross, the rest are Tekkaman kits which took me awhile to find and I'm trying to complete my collection. Just finished adding kotobukiya poly joint system to Tekkaman Dagger,to make it a full action. Same will be applied to the Lance and Rapier kits as well.

post-1652-1145847463_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145847481_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145847493_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145847511_thumb.jpg

Edited by to177

After finishing building both my 1/48 YF-19 & 21 kits, I'm on this buiding binge and I can't stop...I have some serious problem, but I'm not gonna deny it, it was all worth it.  <_<:)  :D  Only one kit related to Macross, the rest are Tekkaman kits which took me awhile to find and I'm trying to complete my collection.  Just finished adding kotobukiya poly joint system to Tekkaman Dagger,to make it a full action.  Same will be applied to the Lance and Rapier kits as well.

393710[/snapback]

Hey you have a Detonator Orgun. Can you take some pic of it ? I have the same GK but changed it a bit a la Tekkaman. After moving to another city the colours got stuck on the bubblewrapping so it's hidden somewhere beneath my bed .

You still amaze me with your brush skills!

Thanks bro, it's actually lots of masking tapes and big brushes. :)

Hey you have a Detonator Orgun. Can you take some pic of it ? I have the same GK but changed it a bit a la Tekkaman. After moving to another city the colours got stuck on the bubblewrapping so it's hidden somewhere beneath my bed .

TSP,

There are actually a few different Orgun kits which was also produced. The one you're referring to was probably from Kotobukiya, nice kit just didn't like the body proportion. The one I have is a vinyl kit(forget the company name) and a small resin kit, from Kaiyodo. Last pic, is a kit from B-Club, 1/8 Tekkaman Blade...he's huge! BTW, send me the pic of your Orgun-converted to Blade...would love to see it regardless. You might want to strip the paint and just give him a fresh coat of paint. :)

to177

post-1652-1145933017_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145933028_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145933039_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145933051_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1145933068_thumb.jpg

This is whats been haunting my workbench lately. I have been having a rough, slow building period lately so im throwing this together with some extra bits from the modern military spares box.

Sorry i havnt posted in this thread for a bit guys. I am seeing alot of great wrk from you though.

post-2293-1145937122_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1145937144_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1145937167_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1145937198_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1145937215_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess I have been lurking on this page for long enough. I am a VERY slow

builder, and I have been using cheaper kits to build up my skills before tackling

some nice Macross kits.

I recently completed the 1/72 Testors/Hawk SNJ. Simple kit that had no interior

detail, so I scratchbuilt the cockpit.

post-2341-1145946115_thumb.jpgpost-2341-1145946124_thumb.jpg

Edited by azrhino

Well, I guess I have been lurking on this page for long enough. I am a VERY slow

builder, and I have been using chaper kits to build up my skills before tackling

some nice Macross kits.

I recently completed the 1/72 Testors/Hawk SNJ. Simple kit that had no interior

detail, so I scratchbuilt the cockpit.

post-2341-1145946115_thumb.jpgpost-2341-1145946124_thumb.jpg

394102[/snapback]

great job!

Always great to check in here and see some new pics. Great work there HWR MKII and AZRhino. Thanks for keeping us going!

HWR, I think a slow building period for you is like a lightning fast building period for me. :p And always with great results! :ph34r:

ps: Love the boombox!

Edited by jardann

anybody want to buy half my workbench?!?!? So many good ideas and soo many projects started without the time to finish :angry:

removable 1/100 ve-1 fast packs for the 1/100 taka/bandai toys

removable strike f/p for the 1/100 taka/bandai toys

removable regular f/p for the 1/100 taka/bandai toys

removable gbp-1s for the 1/100 taka/bandai toys

[sorry... I don't have a 1/100 ostrich kit to bastardize so don't hold your breath... finding a 1/100 seeker kit was expensive enough :blink: ]

removable ve-1 f/p + conversion kit for the hcm vf's

tactical to scout conversion kit for the matchbox tactical pod

zen custom 1/3000 bandai sdf-1

1/55 removable musha armor

refurbing lord knows how many 1/55's, some need only a canopy... some need everything but the legs :rolleyes:

properly repairing a yammie 11b with not broken but dislocated hips. I plan on using steel and lots of it.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much stuff and sooooooooooooooo little time. Heck... If I ever finish unpacking I'm sure there is a lot more on the list as I know I had at least a dozen spawn/macross customs in progress and can only locate two at the moment :rolleyes:

heck... to be honest I need to clear a path to my workbench, then clear off my work bench, before I can really get to any of the projects I want to.

even my non-projects, ie new stuff mib, just seems to get stacked somewhere. Thats how you hide expensive toys from the wife like 1/48 stuff which I finally aquired... hide them behind the pile of 1/55's in the spare bedroom and close the door :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added the dirt and grime to it tonight and a spare wheel to the front. I had to rescribe the tread pattern in the spare wheel since i used a kit tire for it. The straps holding it on are just masking tape painted with testors acryl olive drab and cut into strips. The mud is acrylic texture paste mixed with Tamiya olive drab so it gets that proper european dried dusty mud color. This mixture was also applied t the tires and wiped off the tread and outer edge of the tire to simulate a dirty wheel that had been rubbed clean on pavement. Still quite a few things left to do on it.

post-2293-1146018379_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018404_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018441_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018459_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018503_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018521_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1146018545_thumb.jpg

Got bored with waiting for the Alcad so I started a few kits...

2 1/72 IMAI Legioss AFC-01H Armo-Fighter's and a 1/72 YF-21.

The resin cast on the YF-21 is not great. Parts were fitting poorly. It's taking way too much time to fit. I've been sanding, carving, and using lots of putty. It a kit from Hobbyfan. The kit has the fast pack and opening compartments. I'm hoping I get everything to function otherwise, I'll have to build everything closed.

Anyways, enjoy the pics...

wMTIzMjM5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIzMjM5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIzMjM5NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Here's one of my latest models... a Takara 1/35 Scopedog with Parachute Mission Pack... Sorry about the weak depth of focus on the pics, I snapped these on all auto settings on my new camera to make sure it worked :lol:

I also resculpted the fist, but didn't get a good picture of it.... I'll take a real photoshoot of the whole model later, once I get my macro lens and good light setup.

post-2015-1146407620_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1146407655_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1146407746_thumb.jpg

Kylwell, that looks quite intricate!

Did some pincers work myself and installed the gantry built from 0.5 mm styrene rods on my Banshee kit

ban_j1.jpg

396812[/snapback]

electric indigo, how is that Banshee kit? I love the look of it, even have one on order with SSM, but have been curious as to the look & fit.

And thanks.