What is lying on your workbench?

Heres the 4th of july weekend project :D

413373[/snapback]

I have visions of a HWR modeling productionline. You chunk out kits quicker than I can buy them. I feel humble in your presence. It takes me ages to get arround to finnishing things like kits (years for some) pictures soon.

Looks great HWR. BigF is right about you turning up kits. Does you're wife still know your name? - LOL I just couldn't do that with our children in tow. Keep up the good work (and I hope it all gets to your next assignment in one piece!) - MT

Thanks. Yes my wife still knows my name. She was even building a model today. The Wallace and Grommit, Anit-Pesto van. I help her out with the fiddly bits.

The VF-0 should be ok. I made the booster and weapons removeable so i can switch between normal and booster version. I am going to buy a buttload of eggcrate foam to pack them, this way i can have nice padded layers of models.

BTW noone ommented on the VF-0s gesture in the first pic :D

Edited by HWR MKII

The wallace and Gromit model is cool. I almost got it for my children because they love all the episodes/movie. Fiddley bits? Sounds like the lingo is rubbing off :lol:

Oh yeah, use thick walled boxes or double box your models. The packers (or my furniture leaning up against them) used to always crush a box! I started betting myself which models were busted before I bought ammo cans to put stuff in. Especially since I bet you're going back across the pond. - MT

<_< Between work and kids I don't get much done but here are two very old kits I got from Ebay :

Robotech defenders Zoltek and Talos. Based on mecha from Crusher Joe they where 'adopted' in Battletech as the Shadow Hawk and the Wolverine. Both are still WIP.

Oh and the VF1 dio is almost finished. just need to get my plexi and wood to finish the baseplate. I'll hope to post some pics during my vacation next week...depending on the weather :rolleyes:

Edit : the flash from my camera overexposes the colors....I'll get a new one in daytime...way better

post-2689-1152574281_thumb.jpg

Edited by jadefalconguard

"Talos" was an awesome kit. The biggest walking mecha hands down next to the 1/48 "Crab Gunner." I think Mike's 1/72 Monster kit holds the new title now. :)

i have a question.  on aircraft if it gets shot up a little  and gets patched up but they dont have time to repaint it before it sees combat  what color would the patches be  i was thinking either zinc green  or straight aluminum

415431[/snapback]

Depends on the era. They don't use zinc chromate green much anymore. And IIRC most patch panels are primered before use.

Still they could be in such a rush that they grabbed what ever was near and used it. Or they could have popped a panel off a donor aircraft and used it.

To simulate battledamage on a fighterplane it also depends on type of army. US Navy planes get 'touched up' with the same FS number (but different patch => subtle change in color).

Like Kylwell noted also depends on the era. WWII fighters sometimes took panels from scrapped planes => different color per panel.

Your choice depending on the era and type. Be subtle on 1/72nd scale, just a hint :)

Robotech defenders Zoltek and Talos. Based on mecha from Crusher Joe they where 'adopted' in Battletech as the Shadow Hawk and the Wolverine. Both are still WIP.

414977[/snapback]

Minor correction. Both mecha are from "Fang of the Sun, Dougram." The Zoltek is the Dougram hero machine, and Talos is an Abitate T-10C Blockhead. FASA went and copied a bunch of designs from Dougram, Macross, Crusher Joe, etc. for Battletech. Ah, the 80's....

Thanks guys. Seems im the first one to complete the kit actually. Im happy with the way it turned out. I just need to get the booster for it and it will be perfect. the toughest part was actually painting it.

Indigo you arent the first person to say i have a slight Bower/J Anderson feel to my style of finishing. thank you.

413197[/snapback]

When you posted this I was on holiday so I´m a bit late in joining the cheerful crowd but- this is too awesome for words! That kit is great and you did it justice! Usually most of the Macross/other anime kits are painted in a clean and unweathered finish but your "heavy use" paint scheme is outstanding! That Bower/Anderson style is evident - interestingly, if finished that way, the whole design of the craft, despite being japanese, shows quite a resemblance to those great Gerry Anderson vehicles, imagine a U.F.O tank next to it!

Great work! How do you manage to maintain this qualiy level while cranking out so many kits in a short time? :D

Will be starting work on this little baby over the weekend :p

I been assembling a few BanDai MG kits lately but it has been some time since I touched a resin kit and paint brushes. This is a really staright forward kit, so it will be a good starting point getting the hang of painting again ;)

post-1066-1153449700_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, maybe I should try to resurrect my old Talos kit.

I got this in my mailbox a while ago.

post-3727-1154693520_thumb.jpg

Since I only have a few Macross kits, recieving this was almost euforic :D

I'm also waiting for three more kits to come :)

This kit has to wait a while until I get an airbrush, and practiced some with it.

ChaosWarrior