Newbie Questions on Macross

So how fast can the MKII monster run? (if at all?)

I saw in SDF: macross that Kamjin (in macronised form) was riding on the thing like a cowboy would a horse. But in another part of the series, when it takes a single step, it seems to take a lot effort just to move that leg. Even wrecking the ground from 1 step. And it wasn't pushing the ground hard or anything. This indicates that the weight of the machine limits it's movement - or maybe the people inside were just being really careful about where they were stepping.

I'm thinking that the machine can make a slight leap or hop with each push of its legs to make it sort of jog. But each step is more like a long leap forward (with its other foot ready to absorb the shock of the descent and spring up immediately for another jump) rather than many small steps of medium distance.

In the scene with kamjin leading the regults and glaug with the monster it would make more sense if he was behind everyone since his monster would move slower wouldn't it? But it seemed as if they all ran at the same speed.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So how fast can the MKII monster run? (if at all?)

Very slow.

After seeing M0 I would assume all later Valkyries have SWAG armor. Do destroids have SWAG armor as well?

Maybe. But when the other side uses beam weapons or anti-armor weapons.... :rolleyes:

Britai could rip a robot mode valk with swag with his bare hands. And in the movie kamjin could punch the chest plate and dent it. Were the zentradi mainly strong from thier sheer size or was it mainly because even for thier size they had immense strength? (that is to say: if you were to take a normal human in macronised form vs an alien in macronised form, the giant macronised alien would still be much stronger than the giant macronised human.)

Britai could rip a robot mode valk with swag with his bare hands. And in the movie kamjin could punch the chest plate and dent it. Were the zentradi mainly strong from thier sheer size or was it mainly because even for thier size they had immense strength? (that is to say: if you were to take a normal human in macronised form vs an alien in macronised form, the giant macronised alien would still be much stronger than the giant macronised human.)

320325[/snapback]

I would imagine if the Zentrans could survive in the vacuum of space (like Breetai did) I would think they are very strong, even for their size.

Were the zentradi mainly strong from thier sheer size or was it mainly because even for thier size they had immense strength? (that is to say: if you were to take a normal human in macronised form vs an alien in macronised form, the giant macronised alien would still be much stronger than the giant macronised human.)

320325[/snapback]

Yes, their size has something to do with it. Zentradi were built big. Their structure is designed to withstand more and this does make them stronger. Of course, it makes them stronger for their size. The corollary of that is look at an ant. For it's size, it is capable of carrying things weighing more than it's body weight. So size isn't the only answer.

In Mac 7 Veffidilas retained her stength. The episode where they are escaping from the Protodevilin and they were trying to open the hanger doors. There were like 4 guys trying to open the door and then she pushes them aside, does this breathing thing and opens the hanger doors by herself. I would say that they retain alot of thier strength even after they are micronized.

Rob

In Mac 7 Veffidilas retained her stength.  The episode where they are escaping from the Protodevilin and they were trying to open the hanger doors.  There were like 4 guys trying to open the door and then she pushes them aside, does this breathing thing and opens the hanger doors by herself.  I would say that they retain alot of thier strength even after they are micronized.

Rob

320609[/snapback]

I did consider this, but then I remembered that Veffidas in comparison to Millia. Veffidas ' build is closer to a body builder than someone of Millia's size. She was a professional street fighter at one time and she did have to play with the boys who were also quite well built. So they do retain strength (imagine have 7 kids, where 2 of them were twins) but beyond a certain point, it falls to the individual, otherwise Millia should be able to do what Veffidas did, which she probably can't.

In Mac 7 Veffidilas retained her stength.  The episode where they are escaping from the Protodevilin and they were trying to open the hanger doors.  There were like 4 guys trying to open the door and then she pushes them aside, does this breathing thing and opens the hanger doors by herself.  I would say that they retain alot of thier strength even after they are micronized.

Rob

320609[/snapback]

I did consider this, but then I remembered that Veffidas in comparison to Millia. Veffidas ' build is closer to a body builder than someone of Millia's size. She was a professional street fighter at one time and she did have to play with the boys who were also quite well built. So they do retain strength (imagine have 7 kids, where 2 of them were twins) but beyond a certain point, it falls to the individual, otherwise Millia should be able to do what Veffidas did, which she probably can't.

320649[/snapback]

Yah. I chalked it up to a combination of superior fitness and "karate focus thing" as opposed to a human-zentran disparity.

It's also possible that Veffidas' bloodline was engineered for raw physical strength and Millia's was for speed and agility.

Or that Veffidas is decended from an upper-echelon breed and Millia was a rank&file soldier with the mindset needed to rise above others of her genetic stock.

I believe it's established that, at least on the male side, the higher-ranking officers are(for the most part) larger and stronger than the common soldiers(Bodolza towers over Britai, who looms suitably large over the average zentran).

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I got a question!

I finally got the Macross Dynamite 7 OVA from Central Anime but is not widescreen 16:9 ratio as the one I got before (from ASS I think). So, is MD7 really in widescreen format or not? I'm confused.  :blink:

322941[/snapback]

In all the copies I've seen, it's not in widescreen format.

What's the difference between the DYRL VF-1S Roy, and the TV version VF-1S.

At first glance they seem identical.

Are they!?!?

Thank you so much in advance.

323326[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing. Besides redesigns on the hands, cockpit, using the Strike pack instead of the Super pack, and lots more detail, there is no difference between the 2 versions.

I saw Robotech when I was a kid and Macross zero so far. How many Macross anime are there ? Should I view M7?, M+...? All of them ?

I saw Robotech when I was a kid and Macross zero so far. How many Macross anime are there ? Should I view  M7?, M+...? All of them  ?

324534[/snapback]

I would say all of them.

Start with the original TV series.

Robotech was not a faithful rendition. And it sucks. :p

From there, I'd do DYRL, if for no other reason than it's damn pretty.

Wouldn't do it first, as it really expects knowledge of the TV series, though Robotech MAY fill that role(it's been years since I've seen RT).

At this point it's worth noting that, for purposes of series continuity, the TV series is considered the "real" version of Space War 1, although DYRL seems to be the official visual style.

Then I'd go to Macross Plus.

I personally prefer the movie version of this one, but both the movie and OVA have their strong and weak points, so watch both versions.

Right here I'd insert Macross 2, with the footnote that while it is an amusing animation program, it is not "true" Macross. It was created without Studio Nue's input and has been banished to an alternate universe in the official timeline. So it has no relevance on anything. But it's darn pretty, and an enjoyable show.

From there, go back and watch Zero again.

Then watch Mac7, despite it's reputation.

I think that's all the animation programs.

1/48 VF-1A Hikaru

What is the difference between the 1st & 2nd edition anyways?

What i mean is, when i go to a shop how will i know which edition it what?

I know the differences between the 1st edition & 2nd edition Roy's, (crooked skull, different headrest on seat, etc..)

Is it the same with the Vf-1A Hikaru's? What do i look out for?

Thanks so much for your time.

JBO and Azrael, thanks guys ;) I must spend money on dvds now :lol:

1/48 VF-1A Hikaru

I know the differences between the 1st edition & 2nd edition Roy's, (crooked skull, different headrest on seat, etc..)

324564[/snapback]

Was there a 2nd ed??? Anyways, unless you take it out of the box, you will probably not be able to tell. Most of the improvements probably came from the 1/48 DYRL Max.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...ax/_148_max.htm

1/48 VF-1A Hikaru

324564[/snapback]

The 2nd edition VF-1A Hikaru has no velcro on the box. Some of the later VF-1's had boxes with velcro though. But if you find a Hikaru with no velcro it´s %100 a 2nd edition :)

Hope that helps.

The 2nd edition VF-1A Hikaru has no velcro on the box. Some of the later VF-1's had boxes with velcro though. But if you find a Hikaru with no velcro it´s %100 a 2nd edition :)

Hope that helps.

324743[/snapback]

Unless someone took the velcro off their box... :p

Hope that helps.

324743[/snapback]

324747[/snapback]

You're giving me some ideas...

Has the price of good ole' Hikaru risen? :lol::lol:

Been a while since i posted here. :( well anyway i just watch macross zero, again last weekend and in the episode were the armored battroid appears it got me thinking on what DD said after he nailed Roy with the telescopic head technique of his. DD said something about reactive armor, but when i look at the hits on the armore battroid (see picks below) AP rounds or maybe slugs are hitting it, my question: is'nt recative armor supposed to blow away when hit with either shaped charges or chemical rounds like HEAT or something? I was under the imprerssion that normal slugs or some AP rounds wont trigger the explossive filler inside recative armor. Or i'm wrong and all this recative armor thing is the work of OT. <_<

Thanks guys!!!! and gals!!!!

bscap000.jpg

bscap001.jpg

bscap002.jpg

bscap003.jpg

is'nt recative armor supposed to blow away when hit with either shaped charges or chemical rounds like HEAT or something? I was under the imprerssion that normal slugs or some AP rounds wont trigger the explossive filler inside recative armor. Or i'm wrong and all this recative armor thing is the work of OT. 

325017[/snapback]

No, that's correct. Reactive armor is designed to repel anti-tank munitions. However, there is nothing stopping you from releasing or detonating the armor manually.

Hope that helps.

324743[/snapback]

324747[/snapback]

You're giving me some ideas...

Has the price of good ole' Hikaru risen? :lol::lol:

324919[/snapback]

Also some other changes such as improved nosecone design and stable right angle elbow flexion, and different headrest on the pilot's seat.

There are some exceptions to the velcro rule. Very rare, but does occur.

I have been waiting to ask this question for a while. In the Macross Episode "Viva Miria" I think. They find a ship similar to the SDF-1 the ASS-1 which is ASS-2 what is it exactly and the how are the designs similar? I cant seem to find any design just knowing that it similar to the SDF-1 how the pic I saw was not good enough to see what it is exactly any1 know any info on it :blink: ?

I have been waiting to ask this question for a while. In the Macross Episode "Viva Miria" I think. They find a ship similar to the SDF-1 the ASS-1 which is ASS-2 what is it exactly and the how are the designs similar? I cant seem to find any design just knowing that it similar to the SDF-1 how the pic I saw was not good enough to see what it is exactly any1 know any info on it :blink: ?

325971[/snapback]

I believe it was a Supervision Army ship that just bit the dust, so to speak. I can't totally be sure. Can anyone confirm this for us? Please :D .

325971[/snapback]

Actually, it should be ASS-4-million-and-somethign after the Zentradi war. Remember, ASS stands for Alien SpaceShip.

Anyways...

It's just another abandoned Supervision Army vessel.

Probably a gunboat, like the Macross.

And probably booby-trapped, like the Macross.

And probably folded out to a diffrent location after it was found and ignored, since if I recall they went back to look for it later, but it wasn't there.

Edited by JB0

325971[/snapback]

Actually, it should be ASS-4-million-and-somethign after the Zentradi war. Remember, ASS stands for Alien SpaceShip.

Anyways...

And probably folded out to a diffrent location after it was found and ignored, since if I recall they went back to look for it later, but it wasn't there.

325975[/snapback]

I know that info <_< I want to know how it would actualy look like and what the hell is it if my info is correct damm Bretai told the crew to ignore it since it will delay the mission damm moron :angry: . I just want to know the designs and how did it "booby-trap" thier...

Edited by Dean

Anyways...

325975[/snapback]

I know that info <_< I want to know how it would actualy look like and what the hell is it if my info is correct damm Bretai told the crew to ignore it since it will delay the mission damm moron :angry: . I just want to know the designs and how did it "booby-trap" thier...

325979[/snapback]

JB0 is correct. We don't know how it actually looked because it had a bunch of holes blasted in it. Most likely, it was another gunboat, but we will never know. ASS is, as also stated, a generic term. It could actually have been ASS-4567890123. They never did go back but if they did they would probably be dead. The thing was probably booby-trapped. What kind of booby trap? I don't think it would be wise to know considering SDF-1's booby trap.

325971[/snapback]

Anyways...

325975[/snapback]

325979[/snapback]

Yes... Damn Britai. Damn Britai and his not wanting to die.

The thing was probably booby-trapped. What kind of booby trap? I don't think it would be wise to know considering SDF-1's booby trap.

If he hadnt said no this coulda lead to a whole new series and change everything about Robotech and Macross I bet the producers knew it was too much trouble "maybe". Just damm him the ship looks so god damm intresting I wish I could actualy know how it looks like. What JBO and me ment that the ship had space-folded in the wrong place, and probaly the ship was damaged badly in the process as it reappeared and struck and by astroids maybe? Hey its a possibilitie I researched this info and if a ship has no power it loses control, life support is gone, and the ship basicly is a wreckage with the crew in it. I'm saying that could have been the reason as it folded during a battle. This just intrest me so god damm much though..

The thing was probably booby-trapped. What kind of booby trap? I don't think it would be wise to know considering SDF-1's booby trap.

If he hadnt said no this coulda lead to a whole new series and change everything about Robotech and Macross

Yup. Killing all the main characters in one shot would've changed the entire series.

And by extension changed the bastardized hackjob.

I bet the producers knew it was too much trouble "maybe".

:lol:

If that was how they felt, they never would've inserted it. Macross is fairly well put-together. Everything except Global Report serves a purpose.

The event added a bit of depth to the universe, pointed out that even if you weren't looking for trouble, trouble had a way of happening. There were people out there fighting a war of mind-boggling proportions, and it was all too easy for neutral parties to get caught in the crossfire.

Also reminded the viewers of exactly how humanity got the Macross. Remember, this was the 3rd season. The finer points of the first season may have been lost at that point.

What JBO and me ment that the ship had space-folded in the wrong place, and probaly the ship was damaged badly in the process as it reappeared and struck and by astroids maybe?

What? I said nothing of the sort. And that's kinda stupid, given the ship was in the middle of nowhere. If it'd folded into an asteroid belt there'd be... asteroids around it.

I said it was likely a supervision army boobytrap, particularly given it was gone when they went back to investigate it after retrieving the factory satellite(which took priority over a maybe-derilect ship).

Hey its a possibilitie I researched this info and if a ship has no power it loses control, life support is gone, and the ship basicly is a wreckage with the crew in it.

And if it has power, and a computer program uploaded to make it play dead until a zentradi vessel comes in range of it's cannon, it's a boobytrap.

I'm saying that could have been the reason as it folded during a battle.

No evidence that it did. It folded, we know that. We don't know when, where, or under what circumstances.

Edited by JB0